Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FUCK DELTA!!

FUCK DELTA!!

testing...

feels good dosn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    feels good dosn't it?
    I had to be sure.

total hijack

does anyone know if they (delta or any airlines) are going to start limiting us to one bag? I was reading an article on this last month. Supposedly they want to limit us to one normal size bag and charge something line $100 for an extra bag

discuss
    Live

I believe it is United that already has started, others possibly to follow but not positive about Delta.

There are a couple threads on it you could search for.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post
    total hijack

does anyone know if they (delta or any airlines) are going to start limiting us to one bag? I was reading an article on this last month. Supposedly they want to limit us to one normal size bag and charge something line $100 for an extra bag

discuss
    I'd suggest you keep an eye out for ski bags that will hold five pair on SAC.
    The recession is here.
    No CEO wants to take the hit for a single cent of lower earnings at the risk of losing a $50 million bonus.

DELTA stands for; Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Just flew delta and their policy is you get 1 ski bag and 1 boot bag checked with no extra charge. The only restriction is weight on the ski bag- but honestly they rarely looked at the weight of the bag.

I thought it was Doesn't Ever Leave The Airport?
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

nah, thats northwest's issue
    Live

United will be limiting people to one checked bag, with each additional bag a $25 fee, effective May 5 (I think). AFAIK no other airline has followed suit, they're waiting to see how it works out...

Look, the bottom line is that gas has doubled to tripled in price over the last decade, and will not be getting any cheaper. Ever. Since airplanes require gas to function and stay aloft, eventually ticket prices will have to go up, or weight-reducing measures need to be taken. The thing is, 2 20 lb bags weigh just as much as a 40 lb bag does...

It will be interesting to see how it works out - if people just pack bigger/heavier bags. I'll be dealing with it on a daily basis, I'm a baggage handler for United.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post
    total hijack

discuss
    Virgin America limits 1 checked bag per passenger, with a 75-lb weight limit. Extra bags are $10. no biggie.

Jetblue limits 2 checked backs per passenger, with 50-lb limit each. Don't know how much extra bags or extra weight are, but I'd expect them to be higher than $10.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    United will be limiting people to one checked bag, with each additional bag a $25 fee, effective May 5 (I think). AFAIK no other airline has followed suit, they're waiting to see how it works out.
    US Air has followed suit
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23356288/

Fuck people. Fuel is the greatest single cost for most airlines. Where do you expect them to make it up? You are either going to pay higher fares everytime you fly or fees the times you fly with overweight bags.

I have no objection to an airline charging a higher fee when gas prices go up. Far be it for me to deign the CEO's 50 mil bonus. Please quit trying to hide the cost in bullshit extra fees. Itpisses me off when my $200 ticket has a $15 fuel surcharge, a $25 baggage fee, and $10 charge for a worthless box lunch. Just charge me $250 for the ticket, and let me decide if I want to fly with you or your competitor. They way things are going, I am going to choose your competitor, even if the end price is the same, or even a little higher just so I don't have to deal with this bullshit. You need a fricken' calculator to book a flight these days.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I'd suggest you keep an eye out for ski bags that will hold five pair on SAC.
    The recession is here.
    No CEO wants to take the hit for a single cent of lower earnings at the risk of losing a $50 million bonus.

What's sad is there are douchebag CEO's that still get $160 million dollar payouts even though their company stock lost 80% of it's value and reported billion dollar losses. (Countrywide).
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

ive got to start packing lighter. I normally bring 2 pairs of skis and clothes for a week. plus street wear. Usually totals 80lbs, 50 in the ski bag (I use clothes as padding) and a duffel bag for other gear and clothes
    Live

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Fuck people. Fuel is the greatest single cost for most airlines. Where do you expect them to make it up?
    I want them to weight the bags AND the people. I am 160lbs. I don't want any shit if my bag is overweight while some 220lbs dude seats next to me in the plane and pays as much as me.

On a side note Delta always took care of me. Last month on my way to Japan they even told me my skibag was a fait bit overweight and I should try to keep it below the 50lbs limit another time. Gone, though, are the days were I could take 2 windsurf boards, a pile of masts and booms and half a dozen sails and expect to pay $75 at most. I still like them and I fly a lot with them (60 to 80k a year). Beside SLC-PARIS direct starting in June!!! Skiing the Alps just got better

My last few flights were with Delta and things have gone well. My only problem with them is that I book early and they have a habit of changing equipment and changing my seat assignment. I need to keep checking to make sure they haven't changed my seat.

I hate Northwest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani_UT View Post
    On a side note Delta always took care of me. Last month on my way to Japan they even told me my skibag was a fait bit overweight and I should try to keep it below the 50lbs limit another time. Gone, though, are the days were I could take 2 windsurf boards, a pile of masts and booms and half a dozen sails and expect to pay $75 at most. I still like them and I fly a lot with them (60 to 80k a year). Beside SLC-PARIS direct starting in June!!! Skiing the Alps just got better
    Yep, I have always liked Delta. I was stoked to see the SLC to Paris direct flight last time I was in SLC for a ski trip. Bummer is, the dollar is so shitty, a trip to Europe is out for sometime for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Bummer is, the dollar is so shitty, a trip to Europe is out for sometime for me.
    No shit. 1.58$ per euro??? That's insane! What the hell is going on?
    My trips will definitely get shorter...

Back on topic....

RAAAAA! FUCK DELTA!
    No really. I wish theyd have folded a while back whey they were in the financial toilet. Last time I was on a delta flight, it was an ancient 727 with a couple ceiling panels shaking on takeoff, in turbulence etc. Not really confidence inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Provocyclist
    Last time I was on a delta flight, it was an ancient 727 with a couple ceiling panels shaking on takeoff, in turbulence etc. Not really confidence inspiring.
    Which would be why they're retired from passenger service now (among other reasons).

As for passenger weights...keep dreaming. Getting people to rein in their bullshit circuses though is a good goal, you'd be amazed what some people try to bring with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    As for passenger weights...keep dreaming. Getting people to rein in their bullshit circuses though is a good goal, you'd be amazed what some people try to bring with them.
    Gone, though, are the days were I could take 2 windsurf boards, a pile of masts and booms and half a dozen sails and expect to pay $75 at most

I have no idea what you're talking about
    Eventually weight will come though.. It's the next step...

Flew Southwest from Detroit to SLC a couple weeks ago. I had one suitcase, ski bag, and boot bag. Asshat at DTW baggage said I only get 2 bags. Policy is usually that they let a ski and boot bag count as one checked bag. I figure, what the hell, guess they changed the policy and I should've looked.

So for two flight segments I have to take my boot bag as a carry on, and take a boot out so the goddamn thing will fit in the overhead. And everybody's looking at me like I'm one of those assholes who brings things on the plane that they KNOW won't fit.

I check the baggage policy when I get to the hotel in SLC, and it turns out the guy was just an idiot and I should've been able to check all 3, no extra charge. Apparently I know Southwest's baggage policies better than their own employees.

In short: say what you will about Southwest, but they do have a skier friendly baggage policy, even if you have to remind them of it.

ALSO: After five years of visiting Utah, it finally snowed while I was there for the first time. 5 INCHES WOWOOOOOOO. I guess. It was nice anyway. I did get to almost kill myself hiking into Devil's Castle for the first time, about 10th in line. We flatlanders are not used to that shit.
    Last edited by lupino; 03-14-2008 at 09:52 PM.

Don't be a dumbass; don't check your boots. Boot bags are for retards that want to have their boots lost...

that said, yeah boot bags aren't supposed to count, but leave that shit to the gaper retards. Every person that carries their boots onto the plane with them is one less person calling my office up to bitch me out that their bags aren't there yet, and their ski vacation is therefore ruined.

Smart ski traveller tip - carry your boots and whatever you'd need to ski for a day or two (a jacket, pants, hat, gloves, and goggles) onto the plane with you...airlines can comp ski rentals no problem, but clothing is more problematic.

btw - hey, at least you get to check bags. Since I'm an airline employee, to offset low pay, they "let" us fly standby...but since you're space-A, you are heavily discouraged from checking bags since you can easily be bumped from flights. Unless it's completely empty...your bags might get there, but you won't. Or the other way around.
    Last edited by Jumper Bones; 03-14-2008 at 11:47 PM.