Page 321 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Fallowell made that decision, not entire regions of the country. There are ignorant fucks everywhere, some of them are your neighbors.
    Fair enough but you are calling him out on something he didn't say though because he qualified it. We all have a dark side, a dark voice. Most of us know it is wrong and why, and then there are people who harness it for their own personal evil reasons. Like Trump, and Falwell. Starwars shit. I think I might have time to watch some Vader. Probably should.

I thought the antibody testing was more accurate (90+%) than testing for the virus RNA 70+-%)

FWIW, I've eaten roadkill pheasant. It was delicious and I'm perfect.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    Apparently it's completely safe to come into work if every other cubical is empty. Thanks bossman.
    Wife just got the same email. Literally moments ago. She is going to milk the work at home quarantine for (literally) quarantining ourselves in a cabin out of sate for a couple of weeks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I thought the antibody testing was more accurate (90+%) than testing for the virus RNA 70+-%)

FWIW, I've eaten roadkill pheasant. It was delicious and I'm perfect.
    In 1992 myself and a buddy did a three day canoe trip and raided his dads freezer for food. We found a pheasant from the 1974 hunting season and cooked it up in some cream of mushroom soup. Didn't get sick but I have never farted so much in my life. Not sure if this will help or hinder my immune response to Covid19.

Name:  IMG_5323.JPG
Views: 552
Size:  193.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Next Monday the NYC subway goes down.
    i don't think so - we will see. cuomo was adamant they had to keep it going so healthcare workers could get to work

Late March. 2020.

In the old Missoula, most people shutter themselves in, afraid to go out. If the virus doesn't get you, the rival gangs roaming the mountainsides in search of TP or hand sanitizer might. Time has become a blur, so I'm not exactly sure what day it is, just that it's light out and snowing a little.

Eat. Sleep. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

Nobody remembers exactly how it started: Maybe it was China. Maybe someone in Denver touched their face. It no longer matters.

There are rumors a place called Costco might be getting shipments of items to keep your hands or butthole clean. A journey may have to be made. Oddly, there is still enough gasoline.

Some are saying a certain "President Trump" wants to open the country up again by Easter. Whenever that is. All I know is, there's no way there is a shady real-estate-developer-turned-reality-TV-star as president. These rumors must be unfounded. There's a lot of that going around.

An old rancher-type guy, back bent from a life of hard labor, a stranger in these parts, said to me at the local scavenger shop "I think I'm lost." We all are, fella. We all are.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    i don't think so - we will see. cuomo was adamant they had to keep it going so healthcare workers could get to work
    which is also a possibility. restrict it's use to health care workers and probably some others
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Washington has already flattened the curve in a rather dramatic way. SF/LA/NY not so much.
    WA state trailing 5 days daily %age growth rate has dropped to approx 11-12%. Cautious optimism

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    mmm yes and no depending on the temporal component. The antibody test is more likely to be positive (d7+ post symptom onset) the further away from the initial infection the patient is, since it generally takes 5-7+ days for the body to mount an immune response. Active measure of RNA in a sample (direct methods) is more likely to be posivitive early in the infection course, but suffers mostly from False Negatives due to sampling error depending on where the sample is from, or if the virus is present but below the limit of detection pfu/ml. The Ab test is a surrogate marker of infection or past exposure, but doesn't really differentiate the 2 unless it is serial testing over time. The combo of RNA detection + Ab test does have a higher sensitivity/ specificity vs either one alone.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    WA state trailing 5 days daily %age growth rate has dropped to approx 11-12%. Cautious optimism
    damn liberals
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    which is also a possibility. restrict it's use to health care workers and probably some others
    And or possibly check temperatures at the turnstiles.
    Nah there I go thinkin gibberish again.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    For example, Italy's cases are doubling every five days while cases in the U.S. are doubling every three days so even though we have fewer cases/deaths our doubling rate is currently much higher.
    *dons scientifically illiterate average citizen hat*

Is this important? A two-day difference doesn't seem like a big deal.

We're looking backwards through binoculars at a charging bull. By the time it looks like it's getting close...BOOM.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    What in the actual FUCK?

She didn't take him to task on that horseshit?

I'm not sure I would have been able to continue on a call like that. I'd be busy driving to BIL's house to kick his ass. After this whole shitshow has settled down.

Goddam.
    That was my exact reaction. I had to walk away from the screen and it had my head spinning for the rest of the night. As to why she didn't take him to task--she's a 72 y.o. Mormon woman. Calling out the men in her life on their bullshit is something she's been culturally conditioned not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    *dons scientifically illiterate average citizen hat*

Is this important? A two-day difference doesn't seem like a big deal.

Think exponents man. Here's a 15 day window in the life of the virus in Italy versus NY:

Italy:
    10,000 cases on D0
    Doubles on days 5, 10 and 15
    3 doubling = 80,000 on D15

NY:
    10,000 cases on D0
    Doubles on days 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15
    5 doubling = 320,000 on D15

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Think exponents man. Here's a 15 day window in the life of the virus in Italy versus NY:

Italy:
    10,000 cases on D0
    Doubles on days 5, 10 and 15
    3 doubling = 80,000 on D15

NY:
    10,000 cases on D0
    Doubles on days 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15
    5 doubling = 320,000 on D15
    Oh I know damn well what it means. Unfortunately most citizen don't, hence the backwards binoculars analogy.

I failed math but i'm just gona go ahead & believe you
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Oh I know damn well what it means. Unfortunately most citizen don't, hence the backwards binoculars analogy.
    Sorry ... totally missed the sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Late March. 2020.

In the old Missoula, most people shutter themselves in, afraid to go out. If the virus doesn't get you, the rival gangs roaming the mountainsides in search of TP or hand sanitizer might. Time has become a blur, so I'm not exactly sure what day it is, just that it's light out and snowing a little.

Eat. Sleep. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

Nobody remembers exactly how it started: Maybe it was China. Maybe someone in Denver touched their face. It no longer matters.

There are rumors a place called Costco might be getting shipments of items to keep your hands or butthole clean. A journey may have to be made. Oddly, there is still enough gasoline.

Some are saying a certain "President Trump" wants to open the country up again by Easter. Whenever that is. All I know is, there's no way there is a shady real-estate-developer-turned-reality-TV-star as president. These rumors must be unfounded. There's a lot of that going around.

An old rancher-type guy, back bent from a life of hard labor, a stranger in these parts, said to me at the local scavenger shop "I think I'm lost." We all are, fella. We all are.
    TGR's Cormac. Looking forward to the next chapter if I survive to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Germany's death rate is very small in comparison. Something different is happening there.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    TGR's Cormac. Looking forward to the next chapter if I survive to read it.

. . .

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    So this would be like Death Panels, right? Or would this all be old people throwing *themselves* on the sword for the good of the economy? Perhaps the the Lt Gov can "be the change he wants to see"?
    #GOPDeathPanels is trending on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Germany's death rate is very small in comparison. Something different is happening there.
    it seems like it but i think we are seeing the results of early testing, which should significantly flatten the curve. However, I think another part of the early testing is they found cases before they are at the bad point. in other words, the deaths are just lagging timewise further behind the case numbers than most countries.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Hopefully, maybe, things are slowing down in my neck of the woods. The self-reported cases (who knows how many of those are actually colds/flu/etc) have been dropping off.
    Name:  ScreenHunter 182.png
Views: 504
Size:  47.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Hopefully, maybe, things are slowing down in my neck of the woods. The self-reported cases (who knows how many of those are actually colds/flu/etc) have been dropping off.
    Name:  ScreenHunter 182.png
Views: 504
Size:  47.7 KB
    If you remember, our house is across the street from the county health and human services building (I have a direct view from my office window. The line of cars in the drive through testing unit has virtually disappeared. Pretty sure we have been infected but since we are relatively symptom free we are self isolating and saving tests for those more likely to need the tests.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I know a couple of folks that attend or have attended Liberty for various reasons, all very liberal. Also plenty of family and friends that are holed up in Trump country just like the rest of us reasonable humans/you enlightened Californians. Don't be a dick.
    Sure there are reasonable people everywhere, and hopefully they are making good decisions and taking appropriate precautions in light of the virus.

Moving back into the dorm because Falwell says that doing so actually protects students since "99% of them are not at the age to be at risk and they don't have conditions that put them at risk" is not one of those good decisions. Nor is re-opening the economy because the TX Lt Governor says senior citizens are willing to sacrifice themselves "for the good of their children". Or sticking your head in the sand and continuing life as normal because you're convinced this whole thing is overblown and you don't want your pocketbook to take a hit.

Sorry, but I won't have a lot of sympathy for people who make decisions like that and then wind up catching the virus. Do you honestly think the TX Lt Governor will stay home in bed when he gets the virus, or will he snake his way to the front of the line at a private hospital? These decisions don't just affect grandma and grandpa, the way the virus spreads those decisions could impact the whole country. And as usual, is the poor and middle class will be fucked over.