Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Had another day on the 186-cm 108 this past Friday at Whistler. 12” of fresh but somewhat wind affected snow. So, soft and deep but variable in a few spots. Since I was with two of my intermediate skier kids, I wanted to be on something that would be fun on groomers but would allow me to play off trail.

I was really impressed with how they handled the deep snow. Float was no problem. They plane well and even with the weird variable spots, they were confidence inspiring. They are totally automatic skis. I love the loose tail and that they still rail groomers. Only drawback is that they aren’t as stable as beefier skis when the groomers get beat up. The 12” on top of groomers turned to irregular bumps and you need to slow down. Otherwise, super versatile, cheater skis.
    First day out on 108s at Mt Hood Meadows this past Saturday. Knee deep fluffy powder over crust. Just like Bandit Man said, confidence inspiring and versatile. Really likes a forward stance but no worries about tips diving. Bottom out on crust? Holds an edge to get through it. Blasts through soft chop. Will it be the same in more typical Cascade conditions? Hopefully get a chance to try if the resorts open up again this season.

If you’re looking for a full on charger, look elsewhere. Super energetic and poppy, nope. But it has the right combination of stability and energy that makes for a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rainy512day View Post
    First day out on 108s at Mt Hood Meadows this past Saturday. Knee deep fluffy powder over crust. Just like Bandit Man said, confidence inspiring and versatile. Really likes a forward stance but no worries about tips diving. Bottom out on crust? Holds an edge to get through it. Blasts through soft chop. Will it be the same in more typical Cascade conditions? Hopefully get a chance to try if the resorts open up again this season.

If you’re looking for a full on charger, look elsewhere. Super energetic and poppy, nope. But it has the right combination of stability and energy that makes for a lot of fun.
    I like that summary. Spent another day on Saturday in similar dust on crust and wind loaded pow conditions. Super capable in those soft variable conditions. Floated in the stashes that I found and still great on the groomers. “Fun” is a great word for these.

I was also really surprised how many people knew what these were and wanted to hear about them on the lift and in the lift line. While not a full-on charger, these suit 80% of the snow days I get in the WA Cascades.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    I’m skiing the 99ti - taking it out more of the time than I thought I would.

I’ll sum up my other day on them as follows:

1. Hiked baldy at Snowbird. Skied little chute to dog leg. Firm snow in little chute, softer in dog leg. untracked 4” under dog leg. It skied extremely well throughout.

2. Skied a couple of groomer laps at Alta before skiing westward ho, which was also untracked 4”.

3. Skied a wind buffed silver fox fairly fast.

4 . Took 4 laps on regulator. Thought I was skiing 65ish mph, ended up carving a turn at the bottom at 81mph - felt like they were glued to the snow. Tons of rebound. They WANT you to drive them hard and they’ll reward you for it, but won’t punish you if you don’t.

5 finished my day with a run down jaws, hit the air into it and took a few less turns down the CHOPPY face than I normally do on a much fatter ski.

It is NOT my ski of choice when I know all I’ll be doing is crud busting all day. I prefer something a little looser and a little fatter, and a little more rockered. Not that this ski won’t blast through crud, but it will take more effort.

It is NOT my ski of choice when I know all I’ll be doing is powder/soft chop. Ski floats fine, but not as well as a fat ski (duh)

It IS my ski of choice when I’ll ski a variety of conditions from crud to chutes to pow to groomers all day

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Did nobody catch this?? 81mph off Regulator? On 184's?!? 123Ski, I'm not doubting you, just trying to wrap my mind around this. Did you catch that with a watch? I have no idea how fast I've been on skis, so maybe I just don't know. Yet, fairly sure I haven't been over 80. You were a racer?

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Did nobody catch this?? 81mph off Regulator? On 184's?!? 123Ski, I'm not doubting you, just trying to wrap my mind around this. Did you catch that with a watch? I have no idea how fast I've been on skis, so maybe I just don't know. Yet, fairly sure I haven't been over 80. You were a racer?
    Yeah. Absolute bullshit. I’m doubting.

I often run a GPS when I ski. I don’t try to set top speeds. I do have a competitive skiing background.

Last season my top speed was consistently around 77mph.

Conditions for 81 were perfect. I wasn’t trying to hit a new speed record, but consistently hit 4 runs in a row the following: 78.5, 79.1, 79.8, and 81.3. Top speed was the right turn below the steepest part. If I didn’t have the consistent data I’d doubt it as well.

Yes, the GPS has been calibrated. I even used a second GPS device a week later and it showed 78.7 and 78.9.

Most GPS units are within 0.79 miles per hour accuracy.

I often run a GPS when I ski. I don’t try to set top speeds. I do have a competitive skiing background.

Last season my top speed was consistently around 77mph.

Conditions for 81 were perfect. I wasn’t trying to hit a new speed record, but consistently hit 4 runs in a row the following: 78.5, 79.1, 79.8, and 81.3. Top speed was the right turn below the steepest part. If I didn’t have the consistent data I’d doubt it as well.

Yes, the GPS has been calibrated. I even used a second GPS device a week later and it showed 78.7 and 78.9.

Most GPS units are within 0.79 miles per hour accuracy.

80 mph is reaching into elite downhill course speed. I’ve pointed my skis (regular all mountain) straight until I pooped my pants and clocked about 70.

Wow. Tipped hat and clap on the back. Kinda want binding setting, tune, wax, cant adjustments, anything else? That's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    80 mph is reaching into elite downhill course speed. I’ve pointed my skis (regular all mountain) straight until I pooped my pants and clocked about 70.
    Top speed in men’s downhill is 96.6 mph

Yeah. Absolute bullshit. I’m doubting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got the 99ti in 191cm mounted! I'll report back after skiing them, um, well who knows when that'll be.

123SKI, don't get butthurt over this. There are very few people on this planet that can claim the number you threw out. If you ski that fast, that's cool. But nobody else can, so don't be miffed when people question it.

123SKI, don't get butthurt over this. There are very few people on this planet that can claim the number you threw out. If you ski that fast, that's cool. But nobody else can, so don't be miffed when people question it.
    I’m not butt hurt - just wanted to let everyone know where I got the data. Could still be inaccurate.

The main point is / the ski is fast

Maybe I’ll change my username to 81.3SKI?

No, I think the point is you ski fast, motherfucker.

Top speed in men’s downhill is 96.6 mph

I said reaching into. Like what they actually ski at.

I said reaching into. Like what they actually ski at.
    Yeah. So my top speed is the speed at which they ski all the time. Makes sense to me.

Yeah. So my top speed is the speed at which they ski all the time. Makes sense to me.

Yeah. But on DH planks on prepared ice courses. Not 184 all mountain skis.

Yeah. But on DH planks on prepared ice courses. Not 184 all mountain skis.
    Sounds like your panties are in a wad. I told you where the data came from. Told you it might not be 100% accurate. What is accurate is that you ski slower than me, get over it

Sounds like your panties are in a wad. I told you where the data came from. Told you it might not be 100% accurate. What is accurate is that you ski slower than me, get over it

Dream your dream big man, dream your dream.

Dream your dream big man, dream your dream.
    Case in point

Fuck me, that's fast on some 18X all mountain skis. Tip of the hat. 40mph faster than when going 40mph...

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Just got the 99ti in 191cm mounted! I'll report back after skiing them, um, well who knows when that'll be.
    Cool dude hope you like em

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Speed trap day at the bird proved that straight line speeds can be as fast or faster than DH racers

Dj racers are still turning even though making large ass turns

Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Cool dude hope you like em

I mostly got them because you liked a variation of them. 123ski, we have the same skis, let’s meet up at the bird and prove these guys right or wrong. I like to go fast too but was never a racer.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I mostly got them because you liked a variation of them. 123ski, we have the same skis, let’s meet up at the bird and prove these guys right or wrong. I like to go fast too but was never a racer.
    123ski vs muted race would be something to see.
    If you dont care for them ill take them off your hands... Sucks to have new skis and no way to take them for a spin.