Page 19 of 929 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Being that the placebo was actually a meningitis vaccine (or was it measles mumps rubella vaccine?), but the point is, the COVID-19 vaccine elicited greater adverse reactions than *another vaccine*.

> usually lasting a few days
    As compared to the placebo, which was another vaccine.

>Severe adverse reactions occurred in 0.0-4.6% of participants, were more frequent after Dose 2 than after Dose 1 and were generally less frequent in older adults (>55 years of age) (<2.8%) as compared to younger participants (≤4.6%). Among reported unsolicited adverse events, lymphadenopathy occurred much more frequently in the vaccine group than the placebo group and is plausibly related to vaccination.

OK this is not just another vaccine. Severe reactions could happen with 4.6% of those who get it.

> fatigue (62.9%), headache (55.1%),muscle pain (38.3%), chills (31.9%), joint pain (23.6%), fever (14.2%).
    Too bad they didn't check for damage or stress responses to the heart muscle. If it causes inflammation, then it causes inflammation.

> And your testicles and ovaries might shrink and/or your offspring will be born snowboarders.
    OK. I made that up. But you never know!!!
    You lack a fundamental understanding of math and statistics, go away.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    ...what do you think my chances of getting vaccinated before that are? I'm not in any special group.
    Dafuk!!!! Dude, you are a moderator!!!

Fuck TGR and its Suits, oppressing the working class by not providing healthcare for the ones in the trenches!

#uprising #stabdanno

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    ^^^Agree x2...totally true. (well except for the guy that told me to eat shit...lol)

My intended point was to say I think most people would rather see pics of healthcare workers/front line workers getting the first shots than some of our favorite politicians...

**Edit- Didn’t think of it that way at first glance....but I totally see all your points....having people “see” our “leaders” get it first....will then lead others to thinking it’s ok to get it..makes total sense...and really, that is the goal we want...everyone to get vaccinated so we can end this nightmare as soon as possible.

Got it boyz...sorry about that...not a political guy, didn’t mean to stir things up. Carry on
    I don't have a pic of my injection but this is the handout they gave me for the CDC app to follow an reactions and of info.

Got my vaccine on Thursday with little more than a soar arm at the injection site. 750 of us the first two days at my little community hospital. I will tell you there will be likely 95% volunteers for this here because we are all tired of the anxiety of feeling like we are next or will pass it on to family.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    You lack a fundamental understanding of math and statistics, go away.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I'm trying to decide if I should mock you or mock myself, hoping it lightens someone's day.

What the heck, here's my official answer:

That hasn't stopped anybody else here. Just sayin.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    I don't have a pic of my injection but this is the handout they gave me for the CDC app to follow an reactions and of info.

Got my vaccine on Thursday with little more than a soar arm at the injection site. 750 of us the first two days at my little community hospital. I will tell you there will be likely 95% volunteers for this here because we are all tired of the anxiety of feeling like we are next or will pass it on to family.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    ^^^Yes....hoping this all begins the way we can beat this thing....and start to live our lives a little closer to how we did before.....

Feast or famine in the NEPA! All those suckers get their skis and gear and the seasons almost sure to be over. More effective than putting the snows on

Spoken as one of those jaded PA skiers as a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure when you respond or log into that V-Safe shit it activates Gates' micro-chips.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Suddenly, every doctor in the country will be claiming that their spouse is actually an employee of their practice. And I don't blame them.

don't they do that already, incorporate and pay family salaries ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I can't think of a bigger waste of a shot than a VP, except maybe Biden's VP, because you know.
    Nurses are the most trusted profession in America (not based on any fact, just my opinion) and they certainly know more sciene than a politician. No better way to convince people to get a shot than to show nurses getting them. Anyone who needs to see a politician get a shot before they'll get one, doesn't deserve one.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I can't think of a bigger waste of a shot than a VP, except maybe Biden's VP, because you know.
    Nurses are the most trusted profession in America (not based on any fact, just my opinion) and they certainly know more sciene than a politician. No better way to convince people to get a shot than to show nurses getting them. Anyone who needs to see a politician get a shot before they'll get one, doesn't deserve one.
    As far as doctors getting shots--unless they work in an ER or take care of covid or potential covid patients, wait their turn. I believe most docs are telling people with possible covid symptoms to go to the ER or a test site. They aren't seeing them in the office.
    Maybe there's some data that proves me wrong, but I would think working in a non patient contact job in a hospital, or in a doctor's office, would be about as risky as working in a grocery store and probably less than working in a meat packing plant.

I (very, very respectfully disagree). These are our elected LEADERS. For once, they are doing the right thing. Showing us the way.

That is their job.

The one time they actually do their job we need to keep our own personal desire to get jabbed out of it. Even if they are doing it for selfish reasons. Doesn't matter...Merica's best interest before our own.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

trump could have saved untold tens of thousands of lives by acknowledging covid, wearing a mask and getting a shot

he still would have been a fucking idiot but less Americans would have died

It's been a long time since we had a politician of either party lead.* IME they are followers--they figure out the views of the people they think they need to get elected and follow them. When politicians have led in this pandemic it's because they are following the advice of the scientists, as it should be. Nope, my decision to get the vaccine has absolutely nothing to do with whether Biden or Pence gets it or not and I'd be surprised if many other people care. about that either. And Pence and Biden waited to get their shots until they saw if the nurses who got it started eating brains. (Or had the good sense to know that seeing nurses get the shot first is what most people wanted to see.)

*Bernie leads, which is why he'll be watching on TV on 1/20.

First 60 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

*Bernie leads, which is why he'll be watching on TV on 1/20.

Well, a lot of BernieBros are antivax and were perfectly happy with Dr Jill "Healing Crystals" Stein...

And if it were anyone but goddamn Bernie Sanders, you'd be pissed he was butting on frontline health care workers.

Got the Pfizer vaccine two days ago. No ill affects as of yet. Booster in three weeks to complete the series. Immunity thought to be conferred 7 days after the booster vaccine.

first post after being registered for 5+ years. Impressive.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Wow ya that is impressive

Maybe he was waiting until there was actually something worth posting about. You have to admit, most of the rabble here is just waste-time crap.

looks like maybe he is an ER doc, maybe he was busy for the last 5years with ... an emergency ?

Based on the ER docs I know--more likely too busy skiing and climbing to post.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Maybe he was waiting until there was actually something worth posting about. You have to admit, most of the rabble here is just waste-time crap.
    Guilty as charged.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Try to speak regarding topics I can add value to. Occasionally come to get info that already exists. Skiing is not my expertise though I do thoroughly enjoy it. Medicine is a topic I have expertise in and in which I can add value.

I don't think you're going to fit in here. But welcome!