Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2035
    Quote Originally Posted by belgian View Post
    Was on a chair with some guy a few weeks ago at Alpy who informed me that in the 6 years he has now lived in Seattle he had only skied around here about 7 times total because he was so "spoiled" by Colorado skiing. Said he flew back to ski CO more every year than the PNW.

His reasoning? "Its too cloudy here, and even when it isn't the resorts are too small, the grooming is bad and the expert runs are so closed in and steep that you can't even ski them."

I told him he would probably like Mt. Baker.
    Is baker flat and open?

Baker was fucking awesome today. That is all.
    there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by telesucks View Post
    Is baker flat and open?
    and it rains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by pcgor View Post
    What he said. Why come out here for ice and old wet snow. Don't you have that back there? This is the worst snow year in the 30 years I've been skiing in the PNW. Look at the weather map. I'm gonna ski at Mt. Hood Meadows in the rain tonight - cause I can.
    I'm still riding the fence! The forecast looks somewhat better for you guys and you got some freshies this past week. Is it "worth" it yet? I found a reasonable airfare and I'm itching to do something. We're getting a good warm up (and rain) here in NE, so it could be rough around here next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Wibby View Post
    and it rains a lot.
    ...and there are snowboarders everywhere. seriously, i'm thinking you're better off at MSU.

Some Idaho love. A few shots from Brundage yesterday. Enjoy!

I feel sorry for anyone who didn't get to ski Alpental today. Great day with no one but a few die-hards there. Good times.

damnit shogun. sick sick vid, i was planning on hitting some of those drops tomorrow on my day off.

but maybe not.. will have to find new ones.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    I feel sorry for anyone who didn't get to ski Alpental today. Great day with no one but a few die-hards there. Good times.
    Yeah, pretty much the shit.

Good to meet you and Buke.
    Good to say Hi to flowingalply and alpenchronic.

BC was off the charts. Inbounds was groomertastic. But, wow, some of those BC lines were ridiconculous. Still finding untracked shots at 2:30! Are you kidding me? Pretty much empty. I never had more than one or two people in front of me for 2.

6 BC laps, which is the most I've ever done in a day. Even some of the lower shots were good.

OH, and the sun shined quite a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by pogs4ever View Post
    damnit shogun. sick sick vid, i was planning on hitting some of those drops tomorrow on my day off.

but maybe not.. will have to find new ones.
    hah! Theres still some left! Always stuff to find @ brundo...plus, most of the drops have multiple angles leading to pow landings...I'm sure you'll do just fine. I'll be back up tomorrow as well looking for goodies...Most of my really sweet lines from upper didn't make the edit cus there was pow stuck to the lens haha...only audio of me hooting and hollering! See you there!

So glad to see this thread on top. I've skied Baker 8 out of the last 10 days and every day has been fucking fantastic. Current amazing stormage nullifies all shitty Januarys. Looking forward to some Herman in the next 2 days, anyone interested?

Best non event, under the radar, under reported skiing ever.
    Three days of tight crews and tighter lines, it doesn’t get much better than that.

RIP Unicorn.

Back to our scheduled programing...

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Best non event, under the radar, under reported skiing ever.
    Three days of tight crews and tighter lines, it doesn’t get much better than that.

RIPPED Unicorn.
    This post is Mofro approved.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

doughboyshredder Guest
    I keep asking myself if I was dreaming today.
    Can't stop going over some of those turns in my head, again, and again, and again.

Seriously, someone tour Herman with me tomorrow. Don't think I'm going to have any partners tomorrow.

Wish I could go up tomorrow. Phuck biology labs.

Here is a vid from Wednesday. Was awesome.

there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    I feel sorry for anyone who didn't get to ski Baker today. Great day with no one but a few die-hards there. Good times.
    not to mention it was the best snow i've experienced this whole season at baker (dry as a mofo)
    "snowboarding can be playing but to me it's more like living"
    -craig kelly

Total WA newbie here. Between Crystal and Alpental (or other Snoqualmie resort) is Crystal a no brainer? I guess the only downside is it's an hour further from Seattle but maybe that's a small price to pay?
    Aliases: B-Dub, B-Dubya, & B. White

Quote Originally Posted by FollowMe View Post
    Total WA newbie here. Between Crystal and Alpental (or other Snoqualmie resort) is Crystal a no brainer? I guess the only downside is it's an hour further from Seattle but maybe that's a small price to pay?
    Alpental has some sweet expert terrain, especially in the backcountry. That said, if you're looking for a solid day that gives you a good mix of everything to get a feel for WA mountains, crystal is tough to beat. It also spreads out the weekend crowds much better than Alpental.

If you buy a 'peak to summit' Crystal pass you can ski both as much as you want, as well as any other Boyne resort.

Or for half the price ( late season prices) you can get a Summit/Alpental unlimited gold everyday pass also good for 5 days at Crystal.

Another option is what I call the "cascade combo" pass: weekday pass at Stevens (7 days a week until Dec 19 and after March 1) plus the Summit unlimited gold pass (7 days week at Snoqualmie/Alpental and 5 days at Crystal).

Yes Baker was so sweet yesterday! Great day to have skipped work!
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    Or for half the price ( late season prices) you can get a Summit/Alpental unlimited gold everyday pass also good for 5 days at Crystal.
    ....or buy a crystal gold pass and get 10 days at xtal as well as any other Boyne resort (note, I am not a Boyne shill!!!!)

Alkasquawlik sightings today filming out on the arm at baker.

Thanks guys for the feedback.
    Aliases: B-Dub, B-Dubya, & B. White