Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    we should ride a few lifts someday and talk about how much we hate SLC traffic and drivers...we obviously see the same things....just an FYI i grew up in a VERY congested area of NJ. I miss aggressive driving. In Utah i'd call it passive aggressive driving, bordering on full defensive.
    yeah definitely! you're at alta usually right? I will hit you up there one of these days once we get some more snow, no pass this year but I would dig getting up there

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    One other observation. I have NEVER in my life seen so many people run red lights...any newcomers to SLC be VERY aware. Before proceeding through YOUR green light...look both ways please. I refer to this as the "Utah Yellow light"
    lol yeah... this is another great utah feature. I've been living here 3.5 years and I've gotten to be a much worse driver, but still every time I run a "yellow" light and think "ahh that was pretty bad" without fail I check my rear-view and there's at least one more car behind me

whenever I go back east to visit family I assume I'll just have my license revoked once a cop sees me making uturns across 3 lanes of traffic like the utard that I sadly have become

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    yeah definitely! you're at alta usually right? I will hit you up there one of these days once we get some more snow, no pass this year but I would dig getting up there

lol yeah... this is another great utah feature. I've been living here 3.5 years and I've gotten to be a much worse driver, but still every time I run a "yellow" light and think "ahh that was pretty bad" without fail I check my rear-view and there's at least one more car behind me

whenever I go back east to visit family I assume I'll just have my license revoked once a cop sees me making uturns across 3 lanes of traffic like the utard that I sadly have become
    ive gotten quicker on my toes driving in Utah. Ny/NJ drivers are WAY more predictable. And yep..when you think the yellow you just ran was bad....easily 1 maybe 2 more went through behind you. Scary as fuck. As for the u-turns they are putting those cement medians all over the valley to stop that shit...thats another thing ive seen more of than iever did...uturns...its like people forget where they are going a LOT.

oh yeah...Alta regular..let me know when you wanna make turns.

We don't call y'all Utards for nothing

[QUOTE Sad, but hard to complain when I'm a transplant myself. ][/QUOTE]

I should clarify that I am a transplant as well and of course have no right bitching about the influx. My comment is more along the lines of, it's a natural feeling, it doesn't make it right or wrong just the inevitable feeling that goes along with life getting busier. I can't imagine what people grew up here feel like, God they must be so resentful of what it has become and I really can't blame them, eg. FZ. No one moves to where I'm from so I just have no perspective of what it's like when your home town becomes the place that everyone in the country wants to live in.

All things considered, I will say that the quality of life here is still pretty great and there is so much value in living here between the skiing, fishing, biking, and adventuring... I'm sure not about to give up my spot chasing the "next best thing" 'cause at least I can make a living here and it will only get harder to get back in.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Skyfall View Post
    If anyone does end up in Bozeman, can't afford a place and needs a place to park a tiny home, RV or tent, we have space in a nice spot. You can read about it if you search 'Golden Skyfall Hip Camp' . Hip Camp is like an AirBNB for camping, a pretty good place to find unique camp spots. I would think some of the hosts would do monthly like us in places near ski towns where it's expensive to rent. Whichever ski town you're thinking it could be a good resource. SLC....maybe not so much.
    Interesting. Sure would like to see something like that near Big Sky.

see you kooks in the mornin
    Last edited by Lexi-Bell; 12-07-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Nobodies from here. Just some were born here.

When I first moved here in 92 it was so quiet and empty and I kept telling people how great it was and I guess some of them believed me.

Not a big deal until you realize that everyone else did the same damn thing.

Buddy from down in Big Sky just sold his condo in the meadow. Nothing special, but decent. Bought for 165 post crash when there were some deals, sold for 369. He's buying a place a bit further south that sounds real nice.

Good on ya Mark.

Where to live Bozeman, Reno-Tahoe or SLC??

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Yeah, people who move to SLC for the architecture and foliage are generally disappointed.
    The overall culture and vibe of SLC sucks dick

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Yeah, people who move to SLC for the architecture and foliage are generally disappointed.
    ?

Name:  mormon temple.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  11.5 KB

lol

Judging Salt Lake City, Reno and Bozeman on the quality of their architecture is like judging Florence and Paris on the quality of their Big Macs.

Bozeman has significance for me, an east coaster, above it's hallowed reverence expressed online - age 15 parents sent me to MOLE, Montana Outdoor Leadership Expedition, based near Hebgen Lake, near West Yellowstone, near Bozeman, where Rolf Olssen (?) an ex-air force survival trainer lived and taught journalism at MSU. Must have been summer of 75 or 76 when I was there, there were 5 campers my year, too few to be viable, I suspect it was their last year of operation - the only gal in our group arrived early and slaughtered the calf we lived on the next four weeks; my first job was sitting by the hanging carcass at dusk with a 30.06 waiting for the bear to come "right through there if he comes"; we lived in tepees for four weeks in between increasingly long backpacking trips in the local wilderness. Fantastic experience I obviously remember well and treasure, thank you Rolf for introducing me to the high cold west.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Moved to SLC last March. The skiing goes without saying , however still not a huge fan of SLC the city... prob relocating to Park City in about 6 monthish.

Reasons

1. Inversions
    2. Mediocre food outside of the Asian/Japanese and Mexican Culinary realms. Coming from ATL this is a bummer. Do have chick fil a though so it could be worse
    3. SLC outside of mountains is not a very aesthetic city , especially compared to Atlanta with its abundant foliage and tasteful architecture.

4. Mormon factor

All in all, very happy here bc I’m 20 minutes away from LCC, but the aforementioned reasons detract from the overall living experience
    #deepsouthmafiadrival
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno