Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    FZ is good people and actually grew up here...It is truly amazing how much constant traffic there is here now. And I don't know what kind of sellout deal exists between the developers and the politicians but it must be pretty lucrative. All this dense housing going in now faster than Bridger gets tracked out on a pow day, and the streets are FULL at almost all hours of the day and night...They should have made them all 5 lanes when they made them 3 cause this is getting nuts. Affordable housing, ok well, where are they going to put all these cars is my question cause the "improved" streets are already full and the apartment complexes are going up at an exponential rate all over the periphery of the city.
    I agree it's pretty bad. I grew up in a small SE Idaho town but live in Helena now. We were over in Bozeman looking for AT boots for my wife a while back and couldn't wait to get out of the traffic. The locals here are probably having the same conversation residents of Bozeman were having a couple of decades ago regarding sprawl (though Helena will never appeal to the same crowd as Bozeman). Sad, but hard to complain when I'm a transplant myself.

323 million and counting...
    Salt Lake is booming. Too goddamn busy these days. But hey, we do have a chick fil a, so there is that.
    sigless.

The SLC and Reno-Tahoe area should have everything you need to get 'rad in the Rockies'. Nothing to see up here in MT, it sucks so don't come here.

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    ....... I don't know what kind of sellout deal exists between the developers and the politicians but it must be pretty lucrative......
    my little mountain town has been over-run by yuppie/hipster dirtpimps, no shit!
    multiple threads over the years lamenting this change and searches for that one last town
    anyplace you move, someone there will hate your guts ....
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Salt Lake is booming. Too goddamn busy these days. But hey, we do have a chick fil a, so there is that.
    Chick flip A, meh, In And Out Burger

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    It is insane isn't it? I only moved here 11 years ago and the development and growth in that time span is mind boggling. I never, any time of day, want to get near I-15. I live off the 11400 exit and between there and the I-215 interchange is simply a shit show. Before that (pt.of MTN) is even worse. There is still so much empty space out towards Lehi I can only imagine it getting worse.

The skiing still mostly kicks ass. This season so far notwithstanding. I'm sure even this season will work out just fine.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

In n out ain’t shit , praying to Moroni we get a Cookout .

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I never, any time of day, want to get near I-15.
    imo a lot of this is because there are way too many lanes and nobody is penalized for improper lane use, so it's a complete free-for-all and that leads to crazy traffic patterns and lots of accidents. it's not that we have too many people for the road (we don't, not even close, not even remotely close, fucking I95 is never more than 3 lanes), it's that the road is always used terribly. part poor city planning, part poor enforcement, part cultural. it won't change and that's even more frustrating somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    imo a lot of this is because there are way too many lanes and nobody is penalized for improper lane use, so it's a complete free-for-all and that leads to crazy traffic patterns and lots of accidents. it's not that we have too many people for the road (we don't, not even close, not even remotely close, fucking I95 is never more than 3 lanes), it's that the road is always used terribly. part poor city planning, part poor enforcement, part cultural. it won't change and that's even more frustrating somehow.
    Truth right there. The 11400 exit was poorly planned though. Coming off and going east is a mess, always. Westbound isn't much better.

I came across this article recently about growth in the region and Bozeman eventually being the size of Minneapolis. I wonder how far off the prediction actually is....

http://mountainjournal.org/the-wilde...oo-many-people
    Last edited by 2bjenny; 12-06-2017 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Correcting link

Truth right there. The 11400 exit was poorly planned though. Coming off and going east is a mess, always. Westbound isn't much better.
    yep. and you're dead on about the 215 interchange too, total clusterfuck. the highway planners apparently felt that adding needless extra lanes would help, and it has the opposite effect. annoying as fuck lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    I came across this article recently about growth in the region and Bozeman eventually being the size of Minneapolis. I wonder how far off the prediction actually is....

http://mountainjournal.org/the-wilde...oo-many-people
    I didn't bother with most of the article, seen it all before.

Water will be the deciding factor. We don't really have that much of it and very little storage or potential for reservoirs let alone he willingness to build them.

Most of what we get as snowfall is already allocated.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

Water will be the deciding factor. We don't really have that much of it and very little storage or potential for reservoirs let alone he willingness to build them.

I was at the Filler this fall when they had the roundtable with the mayor, county commissioner, city planners, etc. Pretty eye opening to hear how tight the situation is. Not surprising when the mayor mentioned that 50% of the city's water goes to keeping lawns green.

You think that has ever mattered?

Great bump!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

yep. and you're dead on about the 215 interchange too, total clusterfuck. the highway planners apparently felt that adding needless extra lanes would help, and it has the opposite effect. annoying as fuck lol.
    Once you get past the interchange ( coming from point of mountain heading north direction) it's like a different world. The traffic flow completely changes. People are fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Moved to SLC last March. The skiing goes without saying , however still not a huge fan of SLC the city... prob relocating to Park City in about 6 monthish.

Reasons

1. Inversions
    2. Mediocre food outside of the Asian/Japanese and Mexican Culinary realms. Coming from ATL this is a bummer. Do have chick fil a though so it could be worse
    3. SLC outside of mountains is not a very aesthetic city , especially compared to Atlanta with its abundant foliage and tasteful architecture.

4. Mormon factor

All in all, very happy here bc I’m 20 minutes away from LCC, but the aforementioned reasons detract from the overall living experience
    Yeah, people who move to SLC for the architecture and foliage are generally disappointed.

yeah no good plants or buildings here, better head back to atl where everything is beautiful especially south of five points

That whole area is kind of doomed to be a mess because 15 is the only north-south corridor, the street grid is incomplete, and even the office parks are built as low-rise sprawl. I see jobs that I could do down in Draper and Lehi and I don't bother to apply because I couldn't handle that commute.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    That whole area is kind of doomed to be a mess because 15 is the only north-south corridor, the street grid is incomplete, and even the office parks are built as low-rise sprawl. I see jobs that I could do down in Draper and Lehi and I don't bother to apply because I couldn't handle that commute.
    I switched jobs because of that commute. Its too stressful at the choke points, no matter how safe and predictable you drive you will be in multiple near misses by people who dont check blind spots or eventually get rear ended by someone on a cell phone. I felt more comfortable when traveling for work driving in LA on the 405. Makes me miss the more passive aggressive but safer drivers in MPLS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    North to South opposite commute from SLC to Lehi wouldn't be as bad in the am, but man it often looks like shit going north in the afternoons from Lehi area. I still blame interchange. People simply wait til last minute to move over and it causes a cluster.

Don't forget the truth about water in the West: It flows upward towards money.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefin View Post
    I switched jobs because of that commute. Its too stressful at the choke points, no matter how safe and predictable you drive you will be in multiple near misses by people who dont check blind spots or eventually get rear ended by someone on a cell phone. I felt more comfortable when traveling for work driving in LA on the 405. Makes me miss the more passive aggressive but safer drivers in MPLS.
    yeah the SLC valley has the worst drivers of anywhere I've been in the country, including ATL, LA, NYC, CHI, etc etc etc... stunning how often you see traffic fully stopped in one lane, but people still going full highway speed in the immediately adjacent lane... passing on the right, especially in exit lanes, off ramps, on ramps etc

I blame mormons

yeah the SLC valley has the worst drivers of anywhere I've been in the country, including ATL, LA, NYC, CHI, etc etc etc... stunning how often you see traffic fully stopped in one lane, but people still going full highway speed in the immediately adjacent lane... passing on the right, especially in exit lanes, off ramps, on ramps etc

I blame mormons
    They even fail at merging. Most times im attempting to get up to highway speeds before reaching the end of the on ramp. If someone is in front of you on that ramp, expect to not be at highway speeds, or anywhere near them, when merging. Then HOPE you can actually merge. Its like EVERY FUCKING DRIVER in Utah thinks its a one up game... "you're not getting in front of me fucker". Why they can't see an on ramp is coming and either plan to speed up prior to cars merging OR move over a lane for a minute so we can all merge at better speeds...the 3 seconds you just saved cutting me off from getting on the highway arent getting you to your destination ANY faster. I promise you.

They even fail at merging. Most times im attempting to get up to highway speeds before reaching the end of the on ramp. If someone is in front of you on that ramp, expect to not be at highway speeds, or anywhere near them, when merging. Then HOPE you can actually merge. Its like EVERY FUCKING DRIVER in Utah thinks its a one up game... "you're not getting in front of me fucker". Why they can't see an on ramp is coming and either plan to speed up prior to cars merging OR move over a lane for a minute so we can all merge at better speeds...the 3 seconds you just saved cutting me off from getting on the highway arent getting you to your destination ANY faster. I promise you.
    LOL yep, I cannot understand it but that is 100% dead on

LOL yep, I cannot understand it but that is 100% dead on
    we should ride a few lifts someday and talk about how much we hate SLC traffic and drivers...we obviously see the same things....just an FYI i grew up in a VERY congested area of NJ. I miss aggressive driving. In Utah i'd call it passive aggressive driving, bordering on full defensive.

One other observation. I have NEVER in my life seen so many people run red lights...any newcomers to SLC be VERY aware. Before proceeding through YOUR green light...look both ways please. I refer to this as the "Utah Yellow light"