Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    me being cool with 75 hp Mercury engine
    impossible. Mecury sucks.

They are evil and go well with redneck bass boats only. preferably skeeters
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    My mom had a
    Truthfully, I got it from my mom. It wasn't so bad as far as free goes. Trying to actually go somewhere in it was the suck. I didn't truly appreciate how luxurious it was until replaced with a '78 2 door corolla with an AM radio, a fully viynal interior. and no AC. In the deep south. while that goddamned Matradee april played Lional richie and the little river band.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Wonder what the used market for C7 is going to do? Kerbeck Chevy in Atlantic City is selling new LT-1 coupes for $44,800.
    300 day market supply on new Vettes.... That's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    300 day market supply on new Vettes.... That's not good.
    It is if you're in the market for a C7, right? I think we're going to see some increasingly great deals as we move toward release day of the C8.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    No. A 2LT trim will probably be 70-75k. They will sell loaded up cars first.

Which leads me to the 76k GT500 with 265 more hp and a manual trans.
    Mustang GT makes sense from a speed and performance standpoint.. Vette will still be more of a chick magnet. Whenever I'm riding around in a Vette there always seems to be someone in a Mustang that wants to race. My friend usually rolls down the window and says "I only race Vettes".
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Mustang GT makes sense from a speed and performance standpoint.. Vette will still be more of a chick magnet. Whenever I'm riding around in a Vette there always seems to be someone in a Mustang that wants to race. My friend usually rolls down the window and says "I only race Vettes".
    Mustang GT is an absurdly good value. However, I'm not sure about which is more of a "chick magnet." Might be kind of a draw. My wife had a Mustang GT when I met her and she's still a big Mustang fan. Funny because I'm the Corvette fan but she thinks they're mostly for retirees or guys going through a mid-life crisis. Hopefully I can change her mind someday on that, but I fear that by the time I finally buy one I will indeed be in that demographic, kind of reinforcing her point. Doh!

You're right not to race Mustangs, though. Seen too many videos of them crashing into the very car they're racing. Or mowing over pedestrians. I think they're a hoot to drive, but WAAAAAY too many people don't know how to drive them at all. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Chevy’s top of the line truck: +/- $100k

Chevy’s top of the line sports car: under $60k?
    Top of the line pickup with taxes about $90k

$60k is the entry level no frills LS1 Vette. My guess is a top of the line Z06 or ZR-1 tpe will be in the $150k range.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    It is if you're in the market for a C7, right? I think we're going to see some increasingly great deals as we move toward release day of the C8.
    Dealer here in town still has two new 2017's sitting on the floor he can't move. Couldn't get any 2018 or later allocations until they moved. Only thing he can do is take special orders for newer units.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

You're right not to race Mustangs, though. Seen too many videos of them crashing into the very car they're racing. Or mowing over pedestrians. I think they're a hoot to drive, but WAAAAAY too many people don't know how to drive them at all. Haha.
    Vettes jumped the shark for friends and family who owned them. Uncle traded his in on a Mustang Shelby then a 450 SL then got too old to enjoy fun cars. Godfather's daughter wrecked his 78 Indy Pace Car. That was the first Vette I drove and was pretty cool having just gotten my license. Best friend sold his 90 something Vette when he got married... to a girl we both knew way back before he had nice cars.. She was driving an Olds 442 at the time. That 90s Vette drive really nice and seemed pretty smooth at 150mph. Don't think it had much beyond that though.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

My friend usually rolls down the window and says "I only race Vettes".
    “...won’t come back from dead man’s curve...”
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Am I justified being extremely bummed with the lack of a standard trans offering? Paddle shifters are stupid. I know the tech associated with new autos produces a quicker car but the experience is completely lost to me. Not to mention your average Vette buyer is not going to notice any marginal performance gains from an auto, let alone know what to do with all the HP/torque.

There aren't that many "supercars" that come with clutches these days
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Am I justified being extremely bummed with the lack of a standard trans offering? Paddle shifters are stupid. I know the tech associated with new autos produces a quicker car but the experience is completely lost to me. Not to mention your average Vette buyer is not going to notice any marginal performance gains from an auto, let alone know what to do with all the HP/torque.
    Yeah, I'm with ya. While I totally understand the decision from a business and technical aspect, it just kind of pains me that there's no manual option (for now). But sheesh, at the price point it's kind of tough to be too critical.

If they ever offer it with a manual, that's the one I'll want. Even if it means a full second slower 0-60 or inferior track times. It'll still be totally quick enough but even MORE of a good time IMO. Nothing quite like a hard downshift on the highway, working that clutch pedal, breaking the rear loose, then rocketing off.

What drives me nuts about many automatics I've driven, no matter HOW good they are is that when push comes to shove and you wanna get really wild, the car be like:

Vette will still be more of a chick magnet. Whenever I'm riding around in a Vette there always seems to be someone in a Mustang that wants to race. My friend usually rolls down the window and says "I only race Vettes".
    Nothing screams chick magnet more than two dudes driving around in a Corvette.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

What drives me nuts about many automatics I've driven, no matter HOW good they are is that when push comes to shove and you wanna get really wild, the car be like:

New Corvette has dual clutch. Ever driven one? Shifts are instant

the number of cars available with a manual is an ever shorter list.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    There aren't that many "supercars" that come with clutches these days
    Yup.

I’m a huddddge manual fan but if a car has enough HP for 3 sec 0-60 and a moderately low redline, how am I gonna shift fast enough? It’s not like this cheby V8 goes to 8000.

I’ve never been a vette fan but this one is intriguing. Like a 9/8th sized NSX.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    New Corvette has dual clutch. Ever driven one? Shifts are instant
    Yes. The way they blast shifts is freaking amazing. Especially how they're designed with the next gear up/down "pre-loaded" and ready to go. I get why they're better. I mainly just miss the dance of working with both feet and hands.

It's the difference between "dancing" on a Dance Dance Revolution arcade machine and dancing the Tango with a gorgeous real-life partner.

DSG is this. SUPER FAST:

Versus the manual transmission being this:

Take your pick.

Yes. The way they blast shifts is freaking amazing. Especially how they're designed with the next gear up/down "pre-loaded" and ready to go. I get why they're better. I mainly just miss the dance of working with both feet and hands.

It's the difference between "dancing" on a Dance Dance Revolution arcade machine and dancing the Tango with a gorgeous real-life partner.

DSG is this. SUPER FAST:

Versus the manual transmission being this:

Take your pick.
    Austin is fully embracing his old guy "they don't do/make things like they used to" schtick. Dancing is a terrible analogy though.

The correct one would be carburetors vs fuel injection. Carburetors suck, and while a manual is fun in an older car, they are not really in these new, super fast sports cars. I suspect Austin your experience with dual clutch transmissions is in cars like the VW GTI and not one doing 0-60 sub 3.
    Live Free or Die

Random, but speaking of mid engines. I saw this the other day. And it actually sounded like it could move.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190708_165254.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	849.4 KB 
ID:	289103

Well that’s the first time I’ve seen it put that way.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
    Random, but speaking of mid engines. I saw this the other day. And it actually sounded like it could move.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190708_165254.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	849.4 KB 
ID:	289103
    That’s custom.
    I still call it The Jake.

^^^ Snicker

Anyone know if the DCT is wet or dry?

Here's a short blah-blah on the bespoke transmission: https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...h-transmission
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That’s custom.
    That's some F1 style shit there.

Blown rear wing for increased down-force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    That's some F1 style shit there.

Blown rear wing for increased down-force.
    If only it was right hand drive it could be used to deliver the mail.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang