Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ^^^^^^is there a thread about this?

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums i can't quit you, oh how i so wish i could
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Famous last words

"I can put in a new skylight no problem, there's not too much snow up there."

"I'll sand the floor myself, I've done it before"
    "I'll fill the moving truck myself, there isn't that much left in the house"
    "The map says wash impassable with floods, it's dry, the Subaru can make it"

One Saturday afternoon to move six yards of fill from the driveway, one wheelbarrow, bitchy pregnant wife, ornery two-year old.

Helldawg Guest
    This thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    ^^^^^^is there a thread about this?
    If you're referring to the foreign xchange chick...no but I could easily start one...probably write a book in fact. It would be a tragi-comedy, starring me as the beleaguered host mother trying not to kill her new foreign "offspring" in cruel and unusual ways as cluelessness, rudeness, and inconsideration of that offspring are slowly exposed!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    If you're referring to the foreign xchange chick...no but I could easily start one...probably write a book in fact. It would be a tragi-comedy, starring me as the beleaguered host mother trying not to kill her new foreign "offspring" in cruel and unusual ways as cluelessness, rudeness, and inconsideration of that offspring are slowly exposed!

Sprite

this sounds amusing for those who were not there to suffer through it. please do tell!
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    If you're referring to the foreign xchange chick...<snip>.. cluelessness, rudeness, and inconsideration of that offspring are slowly exposed!
    But how did you get an American exchange student?
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Quote Originally Posted by Telenater View Post
    I laughed.....I called them "girlfriends"

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by Telenater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    I called them "girlfriends"
    what did you exchange for them?
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

When you take a "better" route and end up in traffic.

When I fix something on my car is things get out of hand or overly complex.

Trying a new trail and discovering it really sucks.

My PhD dissertation.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Fun Ball View Post
    Butchering deer that were still nearly completely frozen in a friends unheated garage. After the first hind quarter my hands felt like clubs holding onto a extremely sharp knife. Not sure how I didn't end up losing a finger or two after that.
    I did that once. The deer was frozen and after having my fingers go numb from trying to skin it we ended up hooking the hide up to a truck and the deer to the garage rafters. It still took a while to skin but it was less painful than trying to pull with just my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    My PhD dissertation.
    I'm thinking "grad school" too, although I should have followed my gut instincts after the first day and bailed right then.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by 365wp View Post
    "I'll sand the floor myself, I've done it before"
    yep, but i wasn't even close to halfway before realizing i had fucked up by DIYing. ok result in the end, but fuck, hard work.

Offering to help my elderly neighbor chop a couple cords of wood for her wood stove before noticing it was all beetle kill Ponderosa pine that was knotty as fuck.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

my ex-wife