Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Hold my beer...
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    "A man walking his dog eyed the U.S. plates on our car. “You people shouldn’t be here,” he sneered."

Okay, are they sure it was their license plates and not their clothes?

Montclair to Buffalo: not upstate.

Extended until Nov 21st

I miss Canada. I make a point of spending as much of my travel/recreational income as possible up there, mainly because I don't want to support anything American more than absolutely necessary.

You americans should buy a mail order Canadian bride so you can cross the border freely.

Perhaps I just found my calling as an international pimp?

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I miss Canada. I make a point of spending as much of my travel/recreational income as possible up there, mainly because I don't want to support anything American more than absolutely necessary.
    Aw, that's cute. Maybe if you tell the border guard that he'll let you through. And don't forget to suck his dick while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    You americans should buy a mail order Canadian bride so you can cross the border freely.

How much for a crunchy BC hippy chick with a place in Sayulita?

Asking for a friend..

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post

Pretty sure Maiden did a song about this.

That said, send some referrals

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Okay, are they sure it was their license plates and not their clothes?
    yeah i thot the same thing, never mind the border police ... call the fashion police

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Pretty sure Maiden did a song about this.

That said, send some referrals
    I literally just came up with this business opportunity... let me flesh it out and find some suitable material.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    How much for a crunchy BC hippy chick with a place in Sayulita?

Asking for a friend..
    Will PM you a quote later...

Effective October 31, 2020, residents of Campobello Island, New Brunswick; Stewart, British Columbia; Northwest Angle, Minnesota; and Hyder, Alaska will be exempt from mandatory 14-day quarantine only to access the necessities of life (e.g., food, medical services) from the nearest Canadian or American community. Point Roberts, WA, was left off the list.

In addition, students from Canada and the U.S. who regularly cross the border to attend school, along with one driver, and children who are subject to shared custody arrangements, along with one parent, are exempt from mandatory 14-day quarantine.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-safe...trictions.html

On October 22, the Governments of Canada and Alberta announced a joint pilot program to safely test an alternative to the current 14-day quarantine requirement for international travellers while continuing to protect Canadians from COVID-19.

It's only time......they're starting to crumble...

Yeh, with two negative tests in a week, one when you arrive and another 7 days later you get to skip the rest of the quarantine period. Probably not going to make a lot of difference to the numbers if you still have to stay locked down for at least a week.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Effective October 31, 2020, residents of Campobello Island, New Brunswick; Stewart, British Columbia; Northwest Angle, Minnesota; and Hyder, Alaska will be exempt from mandatory 14-day quarantine only to access the necessities of life (e.g., food, medical services) from the nearest Canadian or American community. Point Roberts, WA, was left off the list.

In addition, students from Canada and the U.S. who regularly cross the border to attend school, along with one driver, and children who are subject to shared custody arrangements, along with one parent, are exempt from mandatory 14-day quarantine.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-safe...trictions.html
    Duno about the other 2 but Hyder is at the very southern tip of AK which is 3 or 4 hrs from the next small town BC, its an unprotected USA border crossing cuz once yer in HYder you can't get anywhere else in the USA or Canada, so it makes total sense to not worry about the quarantine I think there is literaly one HS kid in Hyder

But Pt Roberts is real close to major population centers and the real border, it makes more sense to leave that closed

When the fuck is this border opening up? I had plans on a road trip through the Kootenays just before COVID hit, and would like to reschedule it for this fall. Rate of infection in WA is about what it is in BC, and I believe a higher portion of WA is vacinated. So what are we waiting for?

They just extended the closure again, for the 14th time of the pandemic, until June 21 and are saying it will remain closed "until conditions change very substantively."

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/...#storylink=cpy

the closure seems very popular with the canadian folks.

I'm canadian but obviously don't speak for everyone.

I think that part of it is "other blaming". I think it's happening everywhere, people thinking everyone else is the danger... and in my personal experiences going in to small ski towns this winter, I felt like the behaviour of the locals was sketchier than where I live in Calgary, and yet at one pub I got turned away because I didn't live in town. The assumption that because I don't live there I'm more dangerous than locals taking liberties with the public health advisories was bizarre to me.

The other part is that it's tough to ask Canadians not to travel and then open the border to Americans... sends a bad signal.

Unfortunately I think the border won't reopen until the vaccination rate in both countries (and we are way behind you) gives us a chance at herd immunity. They say everyone in Canada who wants to be vaccinated will have both shots by this fall... I'd say that's when it might happen.

I hope they bust out the vax passport like in Europe. May incentivize more people to get vaccinated. Hell, I wish Biden says $1000 tax break with vaccine instead of sending checks to everyone. That way we can send more message to anti vaxxers that government will leave you alone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

When the fuck is this border opening up? I had plans on a road trip through the Kootenays just before COVID hit, and would like to reschedule it for this fall. Rate of infection in WA is about what it is in BC, and I believe a higher portion of WA is vacinated. So what are we waiting for?

They just extended the closure again, for the 14th time of the pandemic, until June 21 and are saying it will remain closed "until conditions change very substantively."

I would say Sept is a safe bet. They just announced a re-opening plan in quebec and everything is contingent on getting 75% of the pop vaccinated with two shots by August, then we can stop wearing masks indoors, visit with other households, go to raves and make out with strangers and go back to pretty much normal. We're on track to reach that. Once enough people are vaxxed transmissions rates and severity go down and the pressure is eased of our communist health care system. I'm thinking COVID will still be around but it won't overwhelm hospitals anymore. I wouldn't count on the boarder being open for non-essential travel before Sept.

Edit to add, maybe proof of vaccination would allow people to go over the border, but the time to implement a system to screen for that would probably take the whole summer anyway.
    27° 18°

Of course they extended it, Canada is still in the middle of the "third wave" and so is the USA, albeit in pockets.

Trudeau hinted at the border opening once vaccinations hit ~75%, which should be very soon for first doses at least. What needs to change is having BOTH countries have enough vaccinated people that there isn't any risk of further flare-ups of COVID should they allow non-essential travel again. It's completely understandable, as it would be total political suicide to open things up too early and trigger another wave of outbreaks (not to mention it would also just be a dick move to get more people sick for a not-that-good reason).

Don't worry, as cases continue to decline and things improve across the country they'll first open up domestic non-essential travel and then international. Nobody knows when this will be, it's not really up to anyone specific - rather at the whim of a contagious disease and the collective behavior of the entire North American population with respect to getting their vaccines.

Border closures can only be for 4 weeks at a time so that's why you see them extended so frequently.

I hope Canada is ok with the fact the US will never get to 75% of our population vaccinated. Right now, only 37% in US are fully vaccinated (that's of everyone, including kids). 60% of adults have had at least one shot.

How is Canada going to get to 75% of total vaccinated? Isn't a third of your country crazy anti-vax like the US? Oh well, at least Europe is opening their doors to visitors. Find out Friday if US makes the list.
    Last edited by altasnob; 05-19-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    I hope they bust out the vax passport like in Europe. May incentivize more people to get vaccinated. Hell, I wish Biden says $1000 tax break with vaccine instead of sending checks to everyone.
    I agree, but want to point out that it ain't everyone. There's an income limit. I didn't get a check at all this most recent time.