Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    You guys are way out in the weeds. What Arbery did or did not do during the last minute of his life is irrelevant.

Those three guys pursued, attempted to unlawfully detain, and ultimately shot and killed an unarmed man without any actual knowledge of any crimes that may have allegedly occurred. By their own account, they didn't attempt a citizen's arrest (that was something George Barnhill ginned up), and essentially cornered him while brandishing two firearms.

None of that is legal, regardless of Arbrey's actions.
    Agreed. He's out for a jog and a bunch of armed men pulled up to him and shoot him while he tried to defend himself. End of story.

Ahmaud Arbery

Guy on the right looks like he’s trying really hard to answer an easy question.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well

Uhhhhh

See the thing abou...uhhhh

Uhhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    As a builder i would tell your wife she has absolutely no business doing that and that the "firewood" excuse is one that many theives use as a reason to walk up on a job. Jobsites oftentimes are dangerous for the simple fact there may be places to fall or unsecure framing, nails and hazards and whatnot, not to mention she is trespassing.
    Its a nightmare for builders keeping people who aren't supposed to be on the job out and dangerous inherently dangerous.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    You wanna tell her that. I've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Damning take on the circlejerk DA’s by the GBI.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/watch...9HrndjyWYjB2L/

Sounds like the 3rd pursuer might be arrested soon too. Let’s hope.

Fucking piss poor excuses for humans, all of them.
    Wow what a fucking disgrace......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    An internet chorus from a bunch of old white guys about how a young black man "ought" to act.
    Anybody, any race:
    Don’t try to fistfight your way out of being held at gunpoint.

My totally worthless, completely speculative, guess: if Mr. Arbery had stopped and stfu, he likely would have been beat-up and arrested for burglary...both of which would have been complete bullshit...but he would be alive.
    I guess I question whether keeping it real and trying to fight these guys was worth getting shot.

Some of you, or maybe most or all of you, likely figure Pigman and Pigman Jr took off out of the house to go kill Arbery. My first totally worthless, completely speculative, guess is predicated on my other totally worthless, completely speculative, guess that Pigman&Son™ left the house to go stop Arbery and turn him over to the cops, maybe talk shit and humiliate him and kick his ass a bit before the cops showed up. Once it turned into a fight, the only two possible outcomes for Arbery were losing the fight without getting shot or starting to win the fight and getting shot for it. There’s no fucking way he was going to fistfight his way out of that situation, it was a really poor choice. Understandable for sure, totally understandable, but fatally wrong.

If you want to switch races...if you’re a white guy getting car jacked in Detroit (edit: or wherever, I guess), don’t try to fistfight the carjacker...you may still get shot even if you don’t fight, but if you stay calm you at least have a chance of getting out alive. But you’re going to get shot for fucking sure if you start trying to fight your way out of it.

Easy Rider Billy, getting shot by Pigman&Son™ for keeping it real:

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Wow what a fucking disgrace......
    Criminal justice is strictly a political process. The party with the least political power always gets fucked.

This case shows the power shift:
    At first, it was good ol boys having more local political power than a black victim so the black guy gets fucked. Now the locally-powerless black community has recruited state and national elements having more political power than the hicksville good ol boys so the hicks get fucked.

At some point maybe the hicks recruit the nra, angry white trumpy koch brothers political power and we have an even matchup. But it’s never about finding the truth or doing what right or serving justice, it’s just whoever has the most political power wins.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Anybody, any race:

My totally worthless, completely speculative, guess: if Mr. Arbery had stopped and stfu, he likely would have been beat-up and arrested for burglary...both of which would have been complete bullshit...but he would be alive.
    I guess I question whether keeping it real and trying to fight these guys was worth getting shot.

Some of you, or maybe most or all of you, likely figure Pigman and Pigman Jr took off out of the house to go kill Arbery. My first totally worthless, completely speculative, guess is predicated on my other totally worthless, completely speculative, guess that Pigman&Son™ left the house to go stop Arbery and turn him over to the cops, maybe talk shit and humiliate him and kick his ass a bit before the cops showed up. Once it turned into a fight, the only two possible outcomes for Arbery were losing the fight without getting shot or starting to win the fight and getting shot for it. There’s no fucking way he was going to fistfight his way out of that situation, it was a really poor choice. Understandable for sure, totally understandable, but fatally wrong.

If you want to switch races...if you’re a white guy getting car jacked in Detroit (edit: or wherever, I guess), don’t try to fistfight the carjacker...you may still get shot even if you don’t fight, but if you stay calm you at least have a chance of getting out alive. But you’re going to get shot for fucking sure if you start trying to fight your way out of it.

Dude, just shut the fuck up....

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Dude, just shut the fuck up....
    Who the fuck are you?

You shut the fuck up.

Anybody know this m series jong irl?

Show up to the next gathering and tell me to shut the fuck up to my face JONG

Name:  IMG_1665.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  102.5 KB

any more tips on how the black man should behave?

Wasnt m series just sayin what youre sayin. Just sayin

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Anybody know this m series jong irl?

Show up to the next gathering and tell me to shut the fuck up to my face JONG

right... when are you leaving michigan again? never?

Anybody, any race:

What they intended to do isn’t relevant. All that is relevant is that they killed a person with nothing but speculation, no due process, and not in self defense.

That you think you understand how a black man in the south chased down by armed white lab should make “smart choices” is fucked.

You’ve got issues bro. You’re usually thoughtful but this kinda of rant is off the mark.

I think he was more saying that people should be situationally aware. If B is going to happen if you do A, and B is bad, then consider not doing A, even if you have a clear right to do it. This advice applies to anybody, in any situation.

I'm not black and I'm not down south. But the last time I had a gun pulled on me I pee'd my pants and did what the dude wanted. I'm still alive.

Don't be - https://nypost.com/2005/01/28/actres...-side-mugging/

When my nephews were little I used to warn them about crossing the street or riding their bikes and getting hit by cars, "it doesn't matter if you had the right of way if your dead"

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think he was more saying that people should be situationally aware. If B is going to happen if you do A, and B is bad, then consider not doing A, even if you have a clear right to do it. This advice applies to anybody, in any situation.
    The point is we consistently ask black people to be more situationally aware than white folks.

Making that the point of this thread backhandly places a portion of the blame on the murdered man. that is the effect, whether that is the intent.

Like people just stepping into crosswalks without looking.

The point is we consistently ask black people to be more situationally aware than white folks.

Making that the point of this thread backhandly places a portion of the blame on the murdered man. that is the effect, whether that is the intent.
    I agree with your first point and it sucks but they need to do that. Hopefully we will get to a day soon when that won't be the case.

The second point I get and can't really argue with but I feel like that wasn't his intent. fwiw.

Like people just stepping into crosswalks without looking.
    ice, have you read the timeline of events? these guys were basically hunting him

what doebedoe said.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

100% agree it's a fucked situation. And I'm not making IAS' argument for him I was more kind of maybe interpreting and saying I agree with some of what I thought to be his points.

Women too. How the question often is "what was she wearing" if a woman gets raped, or chastising her for flirting with a guy who turns out to be a rapist.

Should people be situationally aware? Sure. But we have no fucking idea what would have gone down had he stopped and complied, maybe some Emmett Till shit, and he didn't know either. And he had a split second to decide. But sure, let's chastise him for not stopping and complying with his beating, because if he'd just been a good beat up negro, he'd still be alive. Fuck.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yes. Easier said than done. The man was black in a backwards ass racist fucking town and who knows how many times he, his family, his friends, basically every other person of color had been harrassed, beaten, unjustly arrested in the area. That would change you as a person, your perspective on life and your reaction to a (this) situation. A bunch of white ski fucks like us making any kind of assumption beyond what we saw with our eyes from that heinous video is purely ignorant imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    .... A bunch of white ski fucks like us making any kind of assumption beyond what we saw with our eyes from that heinous video is purely ignorant imo.
    / thread.

And marking assumptions based solely on what we saw on video is not at all ignorant....