Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    The HD 110 is 100mm - just get a B tongue.

Can anyone compare the Pro HD with the 130c? Is the flex much different? Performance? Fit same right? Noticeable weight?

Looking to get into a Lupo and I can get the 130c for half the price of the Pro HD, hard time trying to justify an extra 4 bones...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by njfreeskier View Post
    So disappointed that both these and the Factories are both 98mm last. I feel like they really missed the mark by not making one of these an AX version/100mm last. Love my ax's but would love the stiffer version in the wider last.
    Narrow boots can be made wider. Can't really make a wide boot narrower.

They will probably dumb these boots down in a few years like they did to the Krypton Pros.
    Stock up now while they still have the good plastic in them.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Trying to decide on boots today, I'm stuck between the AX120 and the AX HD (same AX last but normal poly shell). Flex differences dont bother me as i can just play around with different tongues.

Main thing im stuck on is if the difference in plastic really matters much. I honestly dont care much at all about weight, how the boot skis is MUCH more important to me than anything else. I'm gonna be using the boot for touring, resort, side country, park, pretty much everything, in shifts and pivots.
    Is the AX120 gonna be THAT much less durable? is it mostly cosmetic? will the Poly in the HD potentially ski better? i cant try on an HD to feel the difference in flex, would have to order it, the AX120 is in stock though and out of the box fit and flex seems great.

Quote Originally Posted by scandy89 View Post
    Trying to decide on boots today, I'm stuck between the AX120 and the AX HD (same AX last but normal poly shell). Flex differences dont bother me as i can just play around with different tongues.

Main thing im stuck on is if the difference in plastic really matters much. I honestly dont care much at all about weight, how the boot skis is MUCH more important to me than anything else. I'm gonna be using the boot for touring, resort, side country, park, pretty much everything, in shifts and pivots.
    Is the AX120 gonna be THAT much less durable? is it mostly cosmetic? will the Poly in the HD potentially ski better? i cant try on an HD to feel the difference in flex, would have to order it, the AX120 is in stock though and out of the box fit and flex seems great.
    The clog plastic of the Lupo AX120 is a less expensive light weight plastic (IRFRAN) than what comes in the Lupo 130 or Factory (GRILAMID). Ifran is less durable than Grilamid, Grilamid is less durable than PU which is what the HD's are made of. The Lupo is pretty unique in that the heal is replaceable so the lower grade plastic doesn't really matter there. It has been documented and I personally have experienced the Ifran being less durable on the toes of the lupo. If weight doesn't matter to you get the HD. If the heal pocket on the non AX fits your foot get the normal HD and have a fitter widen the forefoot. The AX lower clog is 1mm bigger in every direction, if you are only worried about forefoot width you are doing your self a disservice by making the heal looser. If you are wide throughout the then the AX is a good option.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

^+1

I’m using the wider 120AX as a skinning & coaching boot & the HD when I actually want to ski. The 120 clog does break down over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    The clog plastic of the Lupo AX120 is a less expensive light weight plastic (IRFRAN) than what comes in the Lupo 130 or Factory (GRILAMID). Ifran is less durable than Grilamid, Grilamid is less durable than PU which is what the HD's are made of. The Lupo is pretty unique in that the heal is replaceable so the lower grade plastic doesn't really matter there. It has been documented and I personally have experienced the Ifran being less durable on the toes of the lupo. If weight doesn't matter to you get the HD. If the heal pocket on the non AX fits your foot get the normal HD and have a fitter widen the forefoot. The AX lower clog is 1mm bigger in every direction, if you are only worried about forefoot width you are doing your self a disservice by making the heal looser. If you are wide throughout the then the AX is a good option.
    And info on how the grilamid feels skiing vs the PU? Specifically looking for the 130c vs the HD

Quote Originally Posted by xksrx View Post
    And info on how the grilamid feels skiing vs the PU? Specifically looking for the 130c vs the HD

I haven't skied an HD yet but because of the design of the lupo the flex feel is dictated by the tongue of the boot. Its hard to put a number on it because there are so many other variables but a heavier boot should be more stable in dynamic snow.

here is iriponsnows run down of the tongues.
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    These are a "B" tongue - same as the Krypton 130 & Factory, but very different from the 120 "P" tongue. What makes these way stiffer is the lower shell is Race PU plastics & comes up very high on the Lupo models. I will likely run "P" for In Bounds & seek a "M" for BC stuff personally.

B - 130 flex, PU material, hi rebound, lively
    P - ~120 flex, Grilamid ish fiber, low rebounding, very damp
    C - 110 flex, PU, hi rebound
    M- 95 flex, Marphan (sp), low rebound
    D- 85 flex, PU, mild rebounding
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I've had 5 touring days on my HD so far in conditions ranging from refrozen chunder to day old pow. This boot is much stiffer than my previous Freetour 130 and even feels stiffer than my old KR Pro with B tongue. That could just be early season legs, so I'm looking forward to getting some inbounds days to really test them out. I'm 6'1" 170 for reference.

On my first tour, the power strap kept slipping off the liner and biting into my shin. I solved this by tightening the strap over the liner and then velcroing the gaiters over the strap so they wouldn't slide up. So far, it's working like a charm!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

welp committed to the AX HD, heel hold felt pretty damn good using an old liner to guage fit, and I need all the width i can get up front as i've got a ridiculously wide forefoot.
    debating just going straight to a wrap line right away and not messing with inevitably doing it later.

Another thing, how do these do climbing with the tongues in? is there a good way to maybe run the buckles under the tongue and hold the tongue with the strap? Dont mind removing the tongues for the most part, but some areas where I do a lot of fast quick laps, Id rather not have to mess with stashing the tongues every lap.

welp committed to the AX HD, heel hold felt pretty damn good using an old liner to guage fit, and I need all the width i can get up front as i've got a ridiculously wide forefoot.
    debating just going straight to a wrap line right away and not messing with inevitably doing it later.

Another thing, how do these do climbing with the tongues in? is there a good way to maybe run the buckles under the tongue and hold the tongue with the strap? Dont mind removing the tongues for the most part, but some areas where I do a lot of fast quick laps, Id rather not have to mess with stashing the tongues every lap.
    I've got the Factorys and my trick is I drilled a hole in the corner of the tongues and keep a carabiner on my hip strap....takes <15 seconds to pop and stash them. I also took off the forefoot buckle, so it's very easy to put it back together. I've got some old orange Lupo SPs and never used that buckle anyways.

Scandy,
    I haven't found a good way to tour with the tongues attached, but a small carabiner on my pack allows for easy stashing. Could even hook to a belt loop if you're doing a quick lap without a pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    I've got the Factorys and my trick is I drilled a hole in the corner of the tongues and keep a carabiner on my hip strap....takes <15 seconds to pop and stash them. I also took off the forefoot buckle, so it's very easy to put it back together. I've got some old orange Lupo SPs and never used that buckle anyways.
    HD's come with a hole in the corner

Both my AX 120 and HD Pros have the hole in the tongues..

The liner that came with my HD Pros had too much volume for me I replaced them with a Dream Liner LV and that did the trick for me..

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    Both my AX 120 and HD Pros have the hole in the tongues..
    Ha, maybe I'm not as clever as I remember....now that I think about it, my tongues had holes but they were on opposite sides so you couldnt stack them easily, so all I did was I drill them on the same side.

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

Pulled a trigger without trying them on as online stock in 26.5 seems to be dwindling quickly and I didn't want to miss out.

Worst comes to worst, I send em back at my loss for shipping. Not too worried. Excited to see how they feel.

Going to have a pretty beefy setup if these work with CAST+Pro-To+Lupo HD.

One could say it's weight training for bike season

Yea not sure what those holes are really for...

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    Yea not sure what those holes are really for...
    Gotta cut weight somehow...

Just ordered a pair from CampSaver. They are having a 20% off sale. I saved $160

Quote Originally Posted by stormrider194 View Post
    Just ordered a pair from CampSaver. They are having a 20% off sale. I saved $160
    Not a bad snag
    Last edited by nyskirat; 11-08-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Feel like a newb asking this but, are these (Lupo 130 C) boots significantly easier to get into than regular overlap boots? My feet are A) Long, B) don't bend very well anymore, so it is getting harder and more painful to get into my traditional overlap boots (Freedom RS).

^^^ Yes, I find it much easier to get into my Krypton Pro and Lupo Ti than overlap boots.
    Cabrio boots are much easier to get into and out of (even at the end of the day when the boots are cold as fuck).
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Feel like a newb asking this but, are these (Lupo 130 C) boots significantly easier to get into than regular overlap boots? My feet are A) Long, B) don't bend very well anymore, so it is getting harder and more painful to get into my traditional overlap boots (Freedom RS).
    Yeah, what pluff said. Way easier in and out, especially when it's cold.