Page 3 of 321 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    ... but oh yes, the accent is back ...

11:00 Shorter sessions including Chic-Chocs (she’s back!), ... socializing, and beer
    All you really needed to say. I'd go for just Miss Chic Choc Chica.

Speaking of Ski Bunnies...

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    temps don't look all that cold cept for a coupla nights in a row in the upper 20's here and there thru mid november. daytime temps still look a bit warm as well till at least that timeframe.

rog

You're just a regular old wooly caterpillar, aren't ya? Geezus.

naw I just like to think that I know EVERYTHING

rog

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Another one bites the dust. Free heelers and one plankers are smartening up...
    He'll be back Rob, they almost always come back. The only exception I can think of (before he has a chance to respond) is rog, but he's just too stubborn to admit he misses his single plank days...either that or he can't remember back that far!

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    He'll be back Rob, they almost always come back. The only exception I can think of (before he has a chance to respond) is rog, but he's just too stubborn to admit he misses his single plank days...either that or he can't remember back that far!
    oh I remember. independent suspension is my preferred method these days. my only single plank has a stringer and offers either thruster or quad options.

chilly George!!!

rog

Could someone near the top of page 1 link to the EC Ski Deals thread? I think that would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Speaking of Ski Bunnies...

Best PTT ever...

Could someone near the top of page 1 link to the EC Ski Deals thread? I think that would be helpful.
    Done.

I made the switch back to fixed Jan.4 and have not skied free since. I may pull out the Arkos Greenlands at some point this winter and flip flop around a bit, maybe not.

38.3` bob, got down to 37.8` last night, coldest night this fall by one tenth of a degree. the previous coldest temp was during the August cold snap. Rog is right[is he not always?] that some ground freezing would be good, the upper 4-500' of the mountain looks to have a little frost on it.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I'd put money on Killy being open this weekend...maybe only for pass and cardholders like they did last year.

Laser, sorry you're going to miss the best snow season in a decade.

most likely, you're all welcome!
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

17 degrees and 1.6 inches of new snow for George.

http://www.mountwashington.org/weath.../deck/deck.jpg

from k-ton

"4:57 p.m. 10/21/13-- What’s that sound? Still cheers from the Red Sox victory? Never mind, that’s the sweet, sweet sound of KILLINGTON SNOWMAKERS doing what they do best.

That’s right, the snow guns are locked and loaded! We’ll be making snow whenever Ma Nature permits – that means we’re building our season’s base, starting with any and every open window of low temps this week.

We know you’d like to hear about that magic Opening Day, and we’ll let you know as soon as we do – expect a weekend outlook on Thursday.

In the meantime, get your gear tuned. It’s game time."

rog

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    38.3` bob, got down to 37.8` last night, coldest night this fall by one tenth of a degree. the previous coldest temp was during the August cold snap. Rog is right[is he not always?] that some ground freezing would be good, the upper 4-500' of the mountain looks to have a little frost on it.
    The banana belt colder than the mts?! I guess there's always a first! Solid 32° this morn in the UV
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Sheeeit! I'm slow to move this year..only up to 100 tele jumps in the pool...

The skis have been ready to go since the day after Memorial Day, but I am looking to get to 500 before attempting Glisse in the new season. 500 is a long session.

BTW, it looks stupid but it works wonders. When I get above 100 jumps, angulation comes into it...hands low, face and shoulders angled as though down the fall line. Goggles essential for tele jumping in the pool, probably for fixed heelers too
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Getting in on this all important thread so I can continue to use the "participated threads" tab almost exclusively.

therudeness posted THIS deal in the old RC, looks like I'll actually do some traveling this year. They're going fast.
    Let me know when you get to Gore and I'll give you the tour. Don't worry, there will be tons of climbing for no reason and I'll loop back on myself three or four times just for the hell of it. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Best PTT ever...
    Thanks, mang... a lot of home grown in that vid, from skiers to singers.

Silly, but hopefully fun (and not too tiresome for the 100th time posted).

I'm having a hard time digesting Laser being in FL- the state that defines flat. Man, it's a good thing he loves golf because that is a long way from the mountains. Wish you the best down there man!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    Sheeeit! I'm slow to move this year..only up to 100 tele jumps in the pool...

The skis have been ready to go since the day after Memorial Day, but I am looking to get to 500 before attempting Glisse in the new season. 500 is a long session.

BTW, it looks stupid but it works wonders. When I get above 100 jumps, angulation comes into it...hands low, face and shoulders angled as though down the fall line. Goggles essential for tele jumping in the pool, probably for fixed heelers too
    Wait.... what? How does that work? You're doing split jumps in a pool?

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post

I would guess it would be like lunges except a little easier on the joints and a little more bouncy with the pool.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Yup.

Started doing that because of the bum knees. Bouancy cuts down on the impacts, but the water slows the jump up too. Kind of a win/win.

As I get to 350-400plateau, it becomes typical that after warming up a while, my hips clear chest deep water on lots of jumps...until I get tired.

This stupid trick has changed my game a bunch.

Edit: Shudder! When I was finishing rehab after TKR* my RPT** colluded with my PT*** to make me suffer...

Suffer what you ask? Suffer Bulgarian splits off a Name:  badwords.gif
Views: 392
Size:  627 Bytes box to a Name:  badwords.gif
Views: 392
Size:  627 Bytes Bosu, while carrying weights in both hands.

The things we do..

* Total Knee Replacement

** Registered Pain Therapist

*** Personal Terrorist
    Last edited by robrox; 10-23-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I would guess it would be like lunges except a little easier on the joints and a little more bouncy with the pool.
    Prezackly! Gets funny looks from the "swimmers"...like they were gaping at something they don't understand.
    Last edited by robrox; 10-23-2013 at 11:12 AM.

therudeness posted THIS deal in the old RC, looks like I'll actually do some traveling this year. They're going fast.
    Sick deal. Any one wanna link up for this and do it in one shot?

... i am a parallel skier

Cold out this morning. I've "arranged" to have Fridays off with my son this year, so there's going to be lots of skiing in my future. Most of it on the bunny-hill, but I'm still excited.

Just purchased. Sick deal. Can't wait to chase some storms around. God am I excited for skiing. Sunday river can't open fast enough. I'm already planning out my ski rotation for the day and that I want to get there early so I can get some time on SL skis before it turns to gaper moguls. The first step is admitting you have a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    ... i am a parallel skier
    Sorry, we call it French fries here.
    Helloooooooooo Kitty!

The first step is admitting you have a problem...
    Yes, but what's the problem?!

And seeing this is the east coast thread and it's the mutha f'n World Series....

GO RED SOX!