Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    What do you think of "super skilled athletes" like Sierra Quittibippiditty getting their own movie because they're so amazing and genuinely interesting?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Nothing but mad respect and cosmic love from all us in Tap-land.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Can you make a funny video for social media of you reading Dr. Seuss ... maybe the Lorax?

Do you carry in the bc? What would you carry ... revolver or pistol?

Worst job you've had? babysitting Johnny...??? but seriously, worst job?

favorite animal?

Toyota or Subaru? Subaru or Audi? pick up or a wagon?

oxford or a flannel on a guy? Vans skate shoes or Red Wing work boots on a guy?

marry a dentist or marry a ski bum?

Why environmental law? No geology or hard science? Why not hit the books in the summer? What does Angel's Book Club list look like (Top 3 and if you're nice Top 10)?

When you're not skiing/adventuring, what are you doing ... reading, Netflix, painting, working out? Do you swing the axe around the Collinson complex?

Do you think you'll venture into ski mountaineering? Your brother has a pretty admirable list of bagged peaks. Are you jealous of his climbing resume?

Are you not a fan of pillow lines and living in fancy smancy huts/lodges? You've mostly been featured in big mountain zones.

Winter camping tips, since you're a pro. Memorable camping accident?

Favorite National Park?

Favorite female to ski with? Who'd you want to ski with that you haven't skied with already? (Ingrid, Hadley, Lynsey, Sierra, Michelle Parker, Caroline Gleich, Kalen Thorien, Tatum Monod, Wendy Fisher)

I know this is touchy, but can you elaborate on what Ryan Hawks meant to you? I only learned about him after competing in the Ski the East series. He seemed bigger than life.
    Last edited by aepeak; 11-20-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Ask Me Anything - I'm Angel Flippin' Collinson!

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    What do you think of "super skilled athletes" like Sierra Quittibippiditty getting their own movie because they're so amazing and genuinely interesting?
    Fwiw sierra pretty much 100% self funded her own movie
    Most other pro skiers don't have the means to do that (she makes a decent living modeling and used that to fund the movie)
    skid luxury

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    we went solar

can my dog haz a kiss?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Did your parents expect you to be a stripper when they named you?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

^^^With that in mind what would your stage name be?

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    Fwiw sierra pretty much 100% self funded her own movie
    Most other pro skiers don't have the means to do that (she makes a decent living modeling and used that to fund the movie)
    That is sooo instagram awesome! #therealmountains #mountainlove #amazinglife #thereisastoryinallofus
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Have you ever repaired rust on a Toyota Tacoma? Worth it or is 92-96 Ford 4wd truck (with the I6) the way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Did your parents expect you to be a stripper when they named you?
    or a puerto rican dude.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    See, some of the other stuff is kind of funny in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way, but you're just an asshole who doesn't get the difference. Probably a Trump supporter.

Yes I'm an asshole.

Should have been more diplomatic in my post, first to be more gentlemanly, and second to be a more gracious guest on the brothers forum.

But at this point it is what it is, and if it's not blatantly obvious. Not down with the tree hugging hippy crap, and however caustic my post is, it is toned down from my initial reaction.

Tired of the liberal NIMBY crowd picking a bogeyman, instead of getting their own affairs in order. Plenty of things ahead of coal, for cleaning up SLC.

Ok everyone, here goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Will you have my babies?
    as long as you can crate train them.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Best feature on a woman, ass or tits?

is flippin a family name or did your parents like the way it rolled off the tongue?
    The best feature is the whole thing!
    flippin just has a nice ring to it dontcha think?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Well, this is pretty much going exactly the way I expected. I mean, I knew first thing we'd get a question about LED lighting of course.

What's your favorite resort in the lower 48 that isn't in Utah?

Probably Jackson. But I've had some fun days at Baker too!

Place you've always wanted to ski but still haven't?
    Probably Fernie and Kicking Horse. And La Grave

Favorite skier of all time? Right now?
    All time, Sage, right now, Candide.

How many days did you ski at a resort last season?
    Probably like 25?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    what would you be doing if you weren't making a living in skiing?
    Ideally beach volleyball but if that didn't work out maybe professional jazzmetal musician? But really, I think I'd be trying to get outside as much as possible and going into environmental policy.

what's next for you?
    I want to take some time to work on tricks this winter, and work on my skiing a little bit. Hopefully some more time at home to train.

what do you want to do beyond the next 5-10 yrs?
    Still figuring that out: I'd like to combine skiing expeditions with helping science- whether it's gathering data from hard to get to places, or setting up weather stations, etc, I'm not sure what that looks like but that's the direction I'd like to head.

Do you support Alta's ban on snowboards? If so, why?

Does anyone else here have the uneasy feeling that Dunfee's wearing a blonde wig sitting in the Wilson HQ logged in as Angel Collinson right now?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

who is your mentor in skiing?
    I increasingly look up to Sage and Ingrid- they have done an incredible job at staying authentic and true to who they are. Obviously they are amazing skiers, but more than that, they are amazing people that handle themselves beautifully in many ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Angel, have you ever tried rear entry boots?
    I think my first pair were rear-entry, when I was like two? I don't remember too well but I think we have photos. I'd be down to give rear entry boots another shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_big_lepowski View Post
    Can you describe your perfect date?
    My perfect date is watching Miss Congeniality and consuming massive amounts of ribs. Will trade jokes for food, I may have more jokes than you.... :/
    Mine is April 1st because the skiing's usually great here in Alaska and it's full of fun jokes. Can I take you out to dinner on April 1st? I'm willing to travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    would you consider challenging IVplay to a ski off on l'Internationale at '16BBI?
    Not sure what you're referring to, but maybe? (Sorry I'm not very good with my ski culture knowledge...

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    If a flyrod from Abercrombie and Fitch is $40 and you can land 5700 pounds of tarpon with it before it snaps, and tarpon can be sold for 15 cents a pound, and a Sears flyrod is $7.50 and can land 1300 pounds of tarpon before it breaks. . . . . .
    who won the 1926 Army - Navy game?
    Your schizophrenic math teacher?

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    whatz your stance on drones?
    I think they can get some pretty sweet shots and obviously are much more affordable than a heli. For that I think they are sweet, but I don't like the idea of a future machine takeover with such highly advanced flying machines....
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    can you get me a date with Lynsey?
    Can you ask her yourself? double dog dare ya
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    What kind of car do you drive?

Whatever happened to the 1979 blue Ford van?
    I drive a '96 suby most of the time, and when I feel like really being hypocritical I drive a tacoma for my snowmobile trips or longer summer adventures.
    Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    What's your stance on drugs... and favorite, or favorite style, of beer?
    My stance on drugs is goofy. Or regular? I'm not sure. Beer: all of it. Not black lager.
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Should Alta allow snowboards?
    Fortunately that decision is not mine to make! I love snowboarders! And I love Alta too.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    New York or Chicago style pizza?

Cats or dogs?

If you get the opportunity to design a pro-model ski what would it be like?

Edit: Congrats on your achievements! Enjoy the ride. My 8 year old daughter was blown away and inspired by your segment, thanks for that.

One more, if you answer my post would you give her a shout out? Maybe some words of inspiration. Her name is Cody and she is super bad ass, or well I sure think so. Thanks.
    Dogs.
    Pro model ski would have jetpacks and a candy dispenser. No, something stiff but playful, with early rise, like 110 underfoot and maybe 130 tip?
    Thanks for the congrats!
    Cody- One of my favorite sayings is: "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you are right." So don't limit yourself in your own head- YOU have to believe in yourself first. Then you can do more than you ever thought you could! It's all in your brain. Have confidence in yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Have any of your sponsors stepped up and started paying you equally with the boys since your video went viral?

What's the biggest hurdle for young female athletes wanting to break in to the freeride scene?

Any tricks for generating that kind of power and stability at 5'4, or is it just sheer badassery?
    My sponsors are lining up a deal with Pro model Willy Wonka candy: things will go bigtime.
    Biggest hurdle is our own brains. The more we can push ourselves and have confidence in ourselves and our skiing, the more doors will open for us.
    The secret is out already, I'm powered by candy. Pixie sticks are a must. And a childhood of racing and working on fundamentals helps a lot too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Do you guys pillow fight on girls only trips?
    I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    How many bones have you broken/ serious ski injuries have you had?

Thank you for your work with POW! It us amazing I see to see ripping athletes use the spotlight to help to save our planet (and skiing)!
    Knock on wood, I've been very lucky. A couple broken fingers.
    Thanks for the support of POW!!!! Much appreciated.

Have you ever experienced a cold coño while riding the chair lift?

Quote Originally Posted by That was Pontus View Post
    I hitched a ride down from Rogers Pass to Revy from Crystal Wright the day before she sent it on the FWT stop there in 2013. Pretty rad, turned out my cabin in Rossland was owned by a friend back home and what not. I'd like to think karma was sending her in for the win down Mac Daddy but then she had pretty gnarly tomahawk instead. So is karma a thing or just bunk? Also, where do you draw the line on hitchhikers? Dirtbags boppin' around the Kootenays? Knuckledraggers? Serial killers? Hippies?
    If I had the answer to the karma question I would either be the leader of a religious cult or probably rocketing through a wormhole with a lot of other answers as well. I just believe, "treat others how you would want to be treated." and sometimes we get dealt rough hands that we are here to learn from.
    I pick up hitchhikers if I'm in a place I know really well and is safe, otherwise I don't pick them up if I'm in a car alone. Only if I have another passenger. As far as the rest, the line gets real squiggly. Love your brother, man! .

Quote Originally Posted by steezybomber View Post
    favorite line skied thus far?

one place you want to ski but havent?

best part about being a spancered female skier? killer segment, absolutely killing it. good luck on everything this season.
    Hm, probably one of the lines on this zone we call NHL up in the Neacola's that we skied from Fantasy camp.
    I'd like to ski La Grave. Or St. Anton
    Best part about being a sponsored female skier is the free clothes, duh! That's what all girls want! But really, being supported as a female athlete in general is very gratifying and a nice recognition of our commitment to the sport. Thanks for the nice words!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post

favorite ski film:
    Aspen Extreme
    Blizzard of Ahhhh's
    Paradise Waits

contributed most to your mad skillz:
    racing
    comps
    chasing friends around the hill.

and.......best hangover? [oh wait, you're from Utah...]
    why you gotta make me rank those? I love 'em all. Blizzard of Ahhs is pretty legendary though. Makes me laugh and wanna go ski every time I watch it.
    I would say racing and chasing friends around were definitely both a huge factor. But the time spent racing was bigtime.
    PS I love the DBTs! nice quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Sativa or indica?
    Flower or concentrates?
    I unfortunately don't speak swahili but I do love flowers and I'm not good at concentrating.

Hi Angel,

Do you believe men and women are different enough physiologically (e.g., % body fat and center of gravity) to warrant women's specific skis? If so, how do you think women's skis should be different than men's skis? If not, how do you feel about companies that already make men's/unisex skis short enough for most women (160-170 cm) deciding to introduce a women's specific line that is softer with more sidecut?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Wots yor favorite man parts?
    Same thing as the woman question. The whole thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    How many days a year do you ski the Wasatch? What % inbounds / out of bounds? Still at Alta?

What is your normal exercise/training regimen like in-season, off-season?

What's your favorite peak you've skied off of, and what's the peak/line you most covet?
    Not enough... maybe like 25, maybe more. I don't keep very good track. Mostly Snowbird and Alta, not that much out of bounds because I have a soft spot in my heart for pounding a bunch of vertical, it's what I grew up on. I like earning my turns too, but that's usually what I do for filming or photoshoots.
    Normal exercise routine is crosstraining with other sports in the summer and, unfortunately, mostly 12 oz. curls in the fall. Just kidding. Sort of. I like to use other sports and crosstrain, but personally I like to use classes to get my butt motivated in the fall. I go to Burn SLC if anyone wants to come work out... Ha. In season it's mostly just skiing with some yoga here and there.
    Favorite peak? Hmm.... probably something in Alaska. Line I most covet is one of the Magic Kingdom lines that Sage and Mac skied in Way of Life and Paradise Waits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    If a man brought you a fish on the first date and it was genetically modified, would you eat it?

"After an exhaustive and rigorous scientific review, FDA has arrived at the decision that AquAdvantage salmon is as safe to eat as any non-genetically engineered (GE) Atlantic salmon, and also as nutritious."

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons.../ucm472487.htm
    The real question is, if a man brought me a genetically modified fish on the first date, would he tell me?
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Angel, do you like fish?
    Only in tacos. Or if they are genetically modified.
    Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    Congrats on your powder cover and excellent movie segments recently

If you could be a free agent which other ski co would you want to ski for?

Any upcoming trips this winter/projects you are especially excited about?
    Thanks!! I would ski for my own ski company!
    I might go to Japan for the first time- never done it!