Page 76 of 465 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 11610
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    I have been talking about a winter driving license for months.....
    Would be good!

I've talked about a left lane license for years. More advanced driving test and higher allowed speed limit.

Biggest traffic jam I've had to deal with all season was in the McD's drive through this morning. You guys have my sympathy.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Odd, did you take 70 or 6 from Golden? We left Boulder at ~7am, expecting to hit a fair amount of traffic, but I did not expect to sit in the Canyon for an hour - that was a new record for me (on dry roads and no accidents). I considered bailing more than once while in the canyon, but still made it to Vail Pass by 10AM. 70 past Floyd was moving well for a weekend IMO...
    Took I-70 because we met up with some friends in Golden.

Ok this is fucked. 15mph if that
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

^^^^ welcome to Colorado

I saw what I was getting into on Saturday AM after getting out a bit later than I should have. Bailed on I70 and went to Eldora. Even after doing that I was there 10 minutes before they opened. Glad it is an option on the RMSP+ pass.

I was expecting to see $20-$30 tolls some days. I haven't seen it above $8 yet.

I think I'm going to get out on Sunday to either Copper, WP or Eldora. Day trip from Denver. With snow the next couple of days starting with a few inches last night, the holiday on Monday and the Broncos kicking of at 2:40 MDT Sunday to what extent will Denver people stay home on Sunday?

I'm debating on whether I attempt Copper/WP or settle for Eldora.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    I think I'm going to get out on Sunday to either Copper, WP or Eldora. Day trip from Denver. With snow the next couple of days starting with a few inches last night, the holiday on Monday and the Broncos kicking of at 2:40 MDT Sunday to what extent will Denver people stay home on Sunday?

Why not sus it out to Floyd and bail to Eldora if it's bad?

Gonna be awful, probably just going to drink beer all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post

Holiday weekends are always weird and hard to predict. The Broncos makes it even harder. But I think that Sunday will be a good day to day trip; I doubt you see insane traffic.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by V.R.P View Post
    Why not sus it out to Floyd and bail to Eldora if it's bad?
    That is pretty much what I plan to do. That worked great last weekend. I still made it to the lift corral before Eldora was open. I'm leaning towards Sunday being an okay day to get up I70

I'm staying at STFU&gbtw house this weekend. He is going to show me what winning at I-70 traffic looks like. Then we will watch the Broncos win against the asshole east coast team. All will be right in Clear Creek County.

WB drive home tonight was terrible. Bumper to bumper virtually the entire way.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I smell elk poop
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    WB drive home tonight was terrible. Bumper to bumper virtually the entire way.
    I drove east-bound last night (coming home from St. George) and the conditions between Vail and G'town were absolutely craptastic. I'm glad there was a car 100ft in front of me so I could see where I was going.

The best was the guy just east of Loveland in a Jeep, who was literally sliding down I-70 going 5 mph with a cop right behind him. His rear wheel was locked up, so I have absolutely no idea what was going on.

Got up to the Basin early yesterday (Friday). Left the parking lot at about 2:10.

Including a stop at Mountain Buzz in Georgetown for an awsome-tastic Greek Pizza, I pulled into my garage at 5:06pm (1:29 time from Georgetown to Eastern Boulder County).

No affiliation, but give these guys some business and support a genuine maggot type local business. Any place with a sign on the door: "please remove crampons before entering" is my kind of place: http://mountainbuzzcafe.com/

Cheers,
    Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Got up to the Basin early yesterday (Friday). Left the parking lot at about 2:10.

Including a stop at Mountain Buzz in Georgetown for an awsome-tastic Greek Pizza, I pulled into my garage at 5:06pm (1:29 time from Georgetown to Eastern Boulder County).

No affiliation, but give these guys some business and support a genuine maggot type local business. Any place with a sign on the door: "please remove crampons before entering" is my kind of place: http://mountainbuzzcafe.com/

Cheers,
    Thom
    Mtnbuzz is a joke... designed solely to take money off Denverites who think a gruff attitude and shitty service makes a joint "mountainish". Drive for another 35 seconds and leave your cash at The Alpine Inn. Or if you want Italian instead of Pizza, keep driving for another 90 seconds to Troia's Cafe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

2 Bros Deli. There, I said it

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Mtnbuzz is a joke... designed solely to take money off Denverites who think a gruff attitude and shitty service makes a joint "mountainish".
    Were you wearing your TGR screen name on your jacket? Did you walk in the door with a gaper Denverite attitude? They've always been nice to me.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Gaper New York moneyed asshole attitude.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Mtnbuzz is a joke... designed solely to take money off Denverites who think a gruff attitude and shitty service makes a joint "mountainish".
    What does that even mean; mountainish? Nothing against those other places, but the Buzz has better pizza, and the owner's a good guy trying to run a business like anyone else. Funny, my dad always seemed to get pissed about something about the service at every restaurant we ever went to.
    Are you one of those guys?

Anyway, it's nice not to have to get on I-70 to pick up a decent pizza, and a liquor store right down the street that stocks a half dozed of my favorite IPA's., all in walking distance.

Thank you Denverites for helping keep these places going so locals have some options. None of this survives on the locals business alone.
    Last edited by bendtheski; 01-17-2016 at 08:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Funny, my dad always seemed to get pissed about something about the service at every restaurant we ever went to.
    Brother? Is that you? My dad is the same way. Pretty funny to watch, we just laugh at him now. At least he's a big tipper.

Never been to Mtnbuzz, will have to check it out, mainly due to the fact that I know I won't see stfu there. I miss the Red Ram, used to meet the family there for Friday fish fry.

Euro Grill is my stop for sit down food in G-town. Schnitzel and Staropramen FTW! Otherwise I head to Idaho Springs for Two Brothers.

I hear there's a new brew pub in Idaho Springs in the Buffalo. Anyone know anything about that? Westbound and Down?

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    the Buzz has better pizza
    Than the Alpine?

El. Oh. El.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I hear there's a new brew pub in Idaho Springs in the Buffalo. Anyone know anything about that? Westbound and Down?
    Been there a couple times. Its nice and they have a good stout. Food is a little pricey and the decor feels out of place for ID springs, its like a place straight out of lohi in Denver. Theres a super cute bartender that looks like Mikaela Shiffrin though...so A+