Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    In our little neighborhood we need a bakery. Empty space gets a sign, and we hope.... no it's an orangetheory. We both think it sucks and wonder wtf. it's been open for about 3 weeks, and it's packed at all hours. OK, so we're old. Is this the new bar/saloon/club to meet people?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by powderdaybeatsworkday View Post
    Please explain. People get IVs for fun?
    the hardcore get the iv in their cocks

Here's the website. $260 for the "Painblaster".

Are there really enough people that stupid with money?

https://www.vitalityivbar.com/services/#ivCocktails

When will the whole "personal trainer" thing pass us by... looks like soon

In Vegas, yes

I think that’s where these outfits started out

And in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by powderdaybeatsworkday View Post
    Please explain. People get IVs for fun?
    More like after fun - those're fairly effective for hangovers. Some, um, people I know will administer an IV on a hung-over co-worker with left-over saline if it's more-or-less legit work-related training/refresher time.

I assume BBIs could use a resident IVer

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Here's the website. $260 for the "Painblaster".

Are there really enough people that stupid with money?

https://www.vitalityivbar.com/services/#ivCocktails
    You’ve never had a hangover you’d pay $260 to get rid of? I expensed one at a conference once. Felt like it was worth it for me to be functional for a day. Mine was only $120 though. Hotel was $350, flight, food, conference fees, etc I was spending over $700 a day to be there. $120 to not feel like I slept for 3 hours and drank 12 cocktails seemed like a bargain.

Is it too late get on the bandwagon for a George Foreman grill ?

how about the 40$ clense?

I just buy a bag of gratefruit
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Slightly OT, but here you can buy canisters of oxygen everywhere...good for acclitimization, and, of course, hangovers.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Slightly OT, but here you can buy canisters of oxygen everywhere...good for acclitimization, and, of course, hangovers.
    While I have to laugh at the notion of using them for acclimatization (prolly cuz I've never had any problem with altitude so I wouldn't know), I can confirm that oxygen DOES work wonders for hangovers. Back when I was aircrew, after a long night of overdoing it, I'd find a random unused plane our squadron wasn't sending out on a mission, crawl into a bunk, shut the door, lights off, don an emergency crew mask that was hooked up to the plane's O2, pass out, and a quick power nap later, my eyes would 100% clear up and I'd feel like a new man. Ready for duty! Ah, the good old days.

I think there's an acid and speedballs IV camp at burning man this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofSeasonsPast View Post
    But, personal trainers are here to stay. Low barriers to entry, and as more and more people are in horrible shape..
    I agree. I see the market for personal trainers increasing rather than passing us by.. Increasing epidemic obesity, and a huge generation of people (baby boomers) becoming elderly but well aware of the need to exercise to improve health/increase life expectancy

I’ve done sports my whole life so when the whole personal trainer thing started I was just cracking up. Just grab some weights and do it. Turns out most people have never done anything athletic at all and they need somebody to show them every last little bit about how to do everything.
    JHC

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I’ve done sports my whole life so when the whole personal trainer thing started I was just cracking up. Just grab some weights and do it. Turns out most people have never done anything athletic at all and they need somebody to show them every last little bit about how to do everything.
    JHC

To be fair, there is massive sea of bullshit out there regarding basic health and fitness that can be daunting from the outside looking in.

JHC

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    To be fair, there is massive sea of bullshit out there regarding basic health and fitness that can be daunting from the outside looking in.
    Not to mention that good personal trainers are, ya know, good at their job. It's not so simple as this guy, at least not always

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 250
Size:  251.1 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

eat less

do more

a lost concept in North America
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I think there's an acid and speedballs IV camp at burning man this year.
    Shit. I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    You’ve never had a hangover you’d pay $260 to get rid of? I expensed one at a conference once. Felt like it was worth it for me to be functional for a day. Mine was only $120 though. Hotel was $350, flight, food, conference fees, etc I was spending over $700 a day to be there. $120 to not feel like I slept for 3 hours and drank 12 cocktails seemed like a bargain.
    Hells ya.

I was exaggerating cuz; TGR, (only a little), but sometimes you gotta wonder, do some sit ups and push-ups, go for a jog, it’s not rocket surgery.

Turns out most people have never done anything athletic at all and they need somebody to show them every last little bit about how to do everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Both true, and both good examples of why personal trainers are going to have increased work in the coming years, not the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    the hardcore get the iv in their cocks
    I see hydraulic turtles.

It will pass as soon as the stupid trend of chicks wearing 80's jeans passes. God I hope it's soon. Every hot 22 year old chick looks like they are wearing Mom jeans from the 80's. YUCK!

there are so many good apps out there now that personal trainers are not even needed to really get "pushed" - the app/ coach still yells at you lol

personal trainers are more about getting you looking good for your wedding but sports specific coaching is still worth it's weight in gold.
    skid luxury

We have a set of stairs going up a hill in our block that is a favorite of boot camp personal instructors. I think I will offer to heckle them for free if they need the motivation

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    It will pass as soon as the stupid trend of chicks wearing 80's jeans passes. God I hope it's soon. Every hot 22 year old chick looks like they are wearing Mom jeans from the 80's. YUCK!
    Yeah, but that is balanced by the Yoga Pants trend, so it is kind of a wash.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident