Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    shoreline whenever i could, denver, oakland, seattle, pdx and home sweet home eugene whenever they were there. never made it to nye.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Oh man fuck that. I was driving an hour from San Jose. Never made it to an east coast show. Kansas City was as far east as I got.
    Exact opposite here, just over 100 shows starting in 85 and never made it to the left coast, Alpine 89 was the furthest west I saw shows. Easily 65%-70% of my shows were between Philly, Boston, NJ/NYC/LI or DC/Landover.

Yeah I started in 85 as well but most of mine were Bay Area shows with Sac, LA and Oregon close behind. 90% California. I always heard it was a different vibe back east so I never went.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Bulk of my shows were NYC, Philly, etc, but I did probably 15 or so West Coast shows (including Jerry Band).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

And now I’m at home listening to 78 with my kid.

i'm surrounded by drunk south americans salsa dancing

85 or so GD shows from 1985-95 all over the place. Lots in the northeast with a bunch at MSG and NY Metro venues, Philly, DC, a whole bunch around CA, Eugene 90/93/94, Red Rocks a few times, Telluride, Park West UT, Vegas a few times - like I said all over. I've seen most of the post Jerry incarnations but not D&C yet. Saw Jerry a bunch of times in CA, lots of Phil shows over the last 20 years, a couple of Bobby shows with him in different bands from Kingfish to Ratdog to duets with Rob going back over 30 years, many of the other family bands including Robert Hunter four or five times and other Dead family projects and a whole bunch of cover bands over the years.

Dead and Company.

Scored Weir/Lesh tix for night 1 in Chicago. Anyone else going to be there?

Edit: I still think they outta go back to mail order and campout only. Fuck the algo-bot BS.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Scored Weir/Lesh tix for night 1 in Chicago. Anyone else going to be there?

Edit: I still think they outta go back to mail order and campout only. Fuck the algo-bot BS.
    Sounds fun. I got shut out of that but did get some Springsteen on broadway tickets for the wife. I’m scared to do the math but I think I did whole GD tours for the cost of two of those tickets...

Phil an friends played maui last week. fucking sucked.

Yum

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    85 or so GD shows from 1985-95 all over the place. Lots in the northeast with a bunch at MSG and NY Metro venues, Philly, DC, a whole bunch around CA, Eugene 90/93/94, Red Rocks a few times, Telluride, Park West UT, Vegas a few times - like I said all over. I've seen most of the post Jerry incarnations but not D&C yet. Saw Jerry a bunch of times in CA, lots of Phil shows over the last 20 years, a couple of Bobby shows with him in different bands from Kingfish to Ratdog to duets with Rob going back over 30 years, many of the other family bands including Robert Hunter four or five times and other Dead family projects and a whole bunch of cover bands over the years.
    Damn... Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    shoreline whenever i could, denver, oakland, seattle, pdx and home sweet home eugene whenever they were there. never made it to nye.
    Well that's pretty damn cool Spook.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Dead and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Yeah I started in 85 as well but most of mine were Bay Area shows with Sac, LA and Oregon close behind. 90% California. I always heard it was a different vibe back east so I never went.
    Yeah, the energy was through the roof. You wouldn't have been able to deal with it. Milquetoast, frail and scared. Jerry loved the east coast.
    First show was '83, never made it further west than the Carrier Dome in '84. That was a freaking party. Caught 60 shows, 57 Brent, 3 with that other guy. 90's Dead sucks.
    1985 is my favorite year, followed closely by '84.
    Richmond '85 were the two best shows I ever saw.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Asshole energy through the roof.

The parking lot scenes sure were different. Not sure the shows were.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Yeah, the energy was through the roof. You wouldn't have been able to deal with it. Milquetoast, frail and scared. Jerry loved the east coast.
    First show was '83, never made it further west than the Carrier Dome in '84. That was a freaking party. Caught 60 shows, 57 Brent, 3 with that other guy. 90's Dead sucks.
    1985 is my favorite year, followed closely by '84.
    Richmond '85 were the two best shows I ever saw.
    84 ‘cuse jack straw!
    East coast energy and shows were better post touch of grey for sure, and you could argue that throughout the 80s. West coast was too cool, but I liked both. And I don’t listen to anything w that other guy. So bad.

87 was my favorite year from Easter at Irvine to October at Shoreline but it sort of started with Kingfish and JGB for Halloween 86 at The Kaiser. That was an outrageously good show and great time I know Bobby has a thing for late 88 and 89 but I thought Brent was a wild card at that point and he was off more often than he was on. I think some of the shows with Hornsby were straight up fire, he got Jerry boppin' more often than I had ever seen him before other than with the JGB. There were a few stinkers after that though as Jerry was just so fucked up sometimes, I actually left one show because it just wasn't much fun with him forgetting words and totally losing his place but that was after I bailed on trippin' so that may have been it because plenty of people seemed to be having a good time. I did see a bunch of great shows those last few years though and can't share the distaste for Vince.

Summer DeadCo announced. Lots of shows! Outta be good.

Boston got hosed this round, Mansfield blows goats. Really thinking about pouring a cup of fuckitall and going to the Gorge, never been there

The Gorge is one of my favorite venues. Go if you can!

~120 shows from 83-93. (Including JGB, KOKOMO, and other offshoot projects). Taped around 50 of them.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

goddammnit they're playing at autzen. might have to take the boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    Phil an friends played maui last week. fucking sucked.
    sucked how ? now I gotta listen to the whole thing.

my favorite dead shows were the boston garden. I could walk there from my apartment in charlestown. I worked on state st and would wear my silk tie dye to work and walk over to hang with the freaks(jerry didn't sell ties yet), walk home, get warmed up for the show, walk back to the garden. 3 shows, a night off and 3 more shows. brain was pretty fried by the end. the old garden was awesome. Sully's Tap would close the doors, lock out the freaks, just let regulars in, too funny.

edit: realized that was a year ago. looking for the most recent show and audio
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/phil-...-43e1df13.html

this ??
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

OLD Minglewood Blues ??

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.