Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'll post some more pics for everyones entertainment...

High speed turns on a carrier are crazy. They don't allow anyone on the deck for these, so I hid under that missile launcher to get this picture

This was always a pleasure to see as they bring mail to our ship

Japanese helo

And here's me, just hanging out for another steel beach picnic (party on the flight deck)

Thanks guys (and girls) for your work and sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkaDirkaJack View Post
    is it really necessary to wear green camo on a boat?
    probably more necessary than a nomex flight suit to fly a predator.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Thanks a lot guys! You rock!

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Well they always go full power when landing because if they miss the cables they gotta get back up in the air
    Bolter??
    Just saw a video of the 2nd arresting cable snapping and swiping bunch of guys on the deck, looked brutal. Always wondered how those things stayed latched.

Is that a F-18 refueling another F-18? I was unaware they could do that...

i did a 3 year hitch aboard the USS Lockwood (ff1064) as a sonar tech. those skills really havn't really translated into any civilian careers yet, but you never know. when i was in i couldn't wait to get out, but i look back on those experiences with fondness, although i still have nightmares where they call me up and tell me i have to come back to active duty for some fucked up reason.
    cheers to all vets and currernt active duty folks.

A few pictures from the beggining of the war.
    Racing yellow banana hammocks help keep you focused in the fight. They had no chem weapons, the mask was for my sleep apnea. My aircraft was hit 11 times during the Karbala battle. That shot miseed my co-pilot by less than a inch. I had to bribe that girl and her father with candy and money so I could take the picture. We fixed the well pump on thier little plot of land and they repayed us with flat bread and veggies. Pretty nice after nothing but packaged food for months.
    Don't make me come get you....

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    A few pictures from the beggining of the war.
    Racing yellow banana hammocks help keep you focused in the fight. They had no chem weapons, the mask was for my sleep apnea. My aircraft was hit 11 times during the Karbala battle. That shot miseed my co-pilot by less than a inch. I had to bribe that girl and her father with candy and money so I could take the picture. We fixed the well pump on thier little plot of land and they repayed us with flat bread and veggies. Pretty nice after nothing but packaged food for months.
    Doood. The chick in the pic didn't step up? For shame. Is that you and the chopper's maintenance crew or you and your fellow pilots/gunners? Love the old school Cav hats.

Gnarly pic of the bullet hole. I thought the cockpit glass was bulletproof up to .50 Cal? I wouldn't go showing your gunner's wife that picture.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Quote Originally Posted by Boom Heir View Post
    No; one plane is towing the other off his trailer hitch...

I did 22 years in the Air Force. 1980-2002.

Here are a few crappy pics.

This is one of our F-16CJ's flying out of Mountain Home ID when I was stationed there.
    The 366th (Gunfighters) is unique as it is an "air intervention composite wing":
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...usaf/366wg.htm

Hard at work, CONUS Wing Operations Center:

One of my co-workers talking on a SATCOM, Combat Operations Center, during a war, in the middle of a hot desert, far, far away:

Me, standing next to my beloved HF/SSB radio, somewhere in the middle east:

OPERATION: SOUTHERN WATCH. Bahrain:

Our entire country team, South America. You might ask yourself what all of those little red X's represent:

Aim High!
    I got a Nikon camera...I love to take a photograph...So Mama, don't take my Kodachrome away

thanks all who served and are currently serving.
    happy vetrans day always strikes me as the wrong thing to say for some reason though......
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by AstroPax View Post
    Our entire country team, South America. You might ask yourself what all of those little red X's represent:
    Hookers with no blow?
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Quote Originally Posted by Boom Heir View Post
    yessir, in the absence of a KC-135 one takes fuel tanks instead of payload... they call em tankers

Nice photos of boat life, the Lincoln just got back from another WESTPAC last month. Boat life sucks but the flying is pretty cool sometimes.

I'm currently halfway through my first sea tour as a helo pilot and we're attached to the Nimitz. I've done two cruises and we're getting ready to head out for number 3 next year. I miss the skiing but would have never gained the opportunity to fly this much or surf this much if I wouldn't have joined the Navy.
    God created skis and surfboards to keep the truly gifted from ruling the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    Doood. The chick in the pic didn't step up? For shame. Is that you and the chopper's maintenance crew or you and your fellow pilots/gunners? Love the old school Cav hats.

Gnarly pic of the bullet hole. I thought the cockpit glass was bulletproof up to .50 Cal? I wouldn't go showing your gunner's wife that picture.
    The glass between myself and the co-pilot was bullet proof. the windows and doors are plain old plexi-glass. My co-pilots wife didn't think it was funny when we made a coffee table out of the upper canopy.
    There is a pic with her in a matching bikini. She asked that it stays out of circulation. The banana hammock is all pilots.The other pic is my attack troop, mechanics and pilots. We where Cavalry. Just Traded horses for helos.
    Don't make me come get you....

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeCrudSkier View Post
    Nice photos of boat life, the Lincoln just got back from another WESTPAC last month. Boat life sucks but the flying is pretty cool sometimes.
    I got out right before they left on that WESTPAC, 2 deployments is enough for me. Boat life would've been a cakewalk if I could've flown. It's all I ever wanted to do in the Navy, unfortunately they don't let enlisted folks pilot multi-million dollar aircraft