Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1592

So in addition the the already overflowing ICON crowds they just gave every passholder at Aspen and likely Alta-Bird free tickets to Jackson. We got tickets to a bunch of sub-par areas we don't want to go to.

I'm betting that more of them want to come here than the other way around. How is it that no one high up realizes this in not a good deal for us. They are marketing it as a benefit...but we aren't the ones who want to go somewhere else.

I guess at least we are getting warned well in advance. Might as well give them all keys to the city also.

Name:  Key.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  8.8 KB
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    So in addition the the already overflowing ICON crowds they just gave every passholder at Aspen and likely Alta-Bird free tickets to Jackson. We got tickets to a bunch of sub-par areas we don't want to go to.

I'm betting that more of them want to come here than the other way around. How is it that no one high up realizes this in not a good deal for us. They are marketing it as a benefit...but we aren't the ones who want to go somewhere else.

I guess at least we are getting warned well in advance. Might as well give them all keys to the city also.
    yep, you're right on this. more crowds coming to JH than leave JH to ski other ikon resorts. although I'm curious if the average jackson grand pass holder is appeased or not amused. probably depends on your work schedule, tolerance for mid-winter driving, and whether or not you have friends you want to visit near the other resorts. It's not a real benefit from my perspective. I really like highlands and snowmass and altabird but I'm not going to travel there midwinter to ski. but you know that huge numbers of their passholders are coming here if they can do so for free.

I also wonder what benefit alterra gets if I ski snowbird and now they now have to pay snowbird significant redemptions for my visit there, and I wonder what snowbird gets out of it if alterra pays them shit redemptions for my visit and then I stay at a friend's condo in SLC and spend zero on lodging, retail, or F&B at snowbird while further clogging their slopes.

crowds are gonna get worse next winter if altabird passholders also get the access, even if we get totally fucked by ullr, and especially if they get fucked and we get #blessed. they're coming to jackson at some point because it's jackson. if I wanted to hit up multiple resorts and drive or fly hours, I'd live in a big city and not in jackson. jesus I hate bitching about this but hey, since the conversation is going there anyways....

This is actually a killer deal.

If you get the JH Grand Pass and then buy Mountain collective, it’s essentially giving you the JH GP and Full Ikon, plus the 50% off additional days... it comes out to about $450 less than if you bought them separately.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseBrooklyn View Post
    This is actually a killer deal.

If you get the JH Grand Pass and then buy Mountain collective, it’s essentially giving you the JH GP and Full Ikon, plus the 50% off additional days... it comes out to about $450 less than if you bought them separately.
    Pass me over some of whatever your smokin because it must be great shit. We are here because we want to be HERE, not getting a stupid voucher to ski some other lower grade hill.

NONE of us here would be buying the MC or the EPIC or any of the other shit you mentioned because we are all HERE.

You should just buy an EPIC and go ski summit county and Park City...it seems like you'll fit right in. You'll save money and not be here with your math on how its all OK

Pass me over some of whatever your smokin because it must be great shit. We are here because we want to be HERE, not getting a stupid voucher to ski some other lower grade hill.

NONE of us here would be buying the MC or the EPIC or any of the other shit you mentioned because we are all HERE.

You should just buy an EPIC and go ski summit county and Park City...it seems like you'll fit right in. You'll save money and not be here with your math on how its all OK
    Haters gonna hate.

So Alta-Snowbird is low grade? What about Mammoth... Squalpine and Big Sky too?

Yeah, JH is great. It’s my favorite. I promise, me and my Ikon homies will only be there for the powder days though, so no worries. You can have the rest;-)

We’ll be chasing powder at those other low grade mountains when JH is dry...

ughhhh.

The truth hurts. I've skied a lot of the Ikon destinations, and JH is head and shoulders above the other places.

I like the OPTION of going to Alta, Big Sky, Revelstoke.....

But am I really going to pack the car up and drive to these places mid-February when Jackson is getting dumped on????

Hell no.

Have you been to Revelstoke?

I finally got to ski JH on a powder day this year. It was awesome even with the crowds. I've always wanted to hit it up on a powder day since I was a kid. Went the last two years and only was worth 1 day due to snow conditions.

Went to Revelstoke for the first time this year. It is now on my list for a powderday. Place is rad with good snow and "groomed". I would definitely leave JH to RS for a powder day at RS. One could get ~6000 ft run at RS. From my experience skiing in Canada, the crowds are most often non-existent. Although internet rumors are RS can get socked with people.

Haters gonna hate.

Yeah, JH is great. It’s my favorite. I promise, me and my Ikon homies will only be there for the powder days though, so no worries. You can have the rest;-)

We’ll be chasing powder at those other low grade mountains when JH is dry...

Learn to read...LOWER grade. So to repeat why would one want to leave here to go elsewhere ? And you can list anywhere you want because we choose to be HERE and they are killing the place. Something your 71 post JONG and your Bro Bra Hommies cant even start to grasp ...obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by vegas View Post
    Have you been to Revelstoke?

I finally got to ski JH on a powder day this year. It was awesome even with the crowds. I've always wanted to hit it up on a powder day since I was a kid. Went the last two years and only was worth 1 day due to snow conditions.

Went to Revelstoke for the first time this year. It is now on my list for a powderday. Place is rad with good snow and "groomed". I would definitely leave JH to RS for a powder day at RS. One could get ~6000 ft run at RS. From my experience skiing in Canada, the crowds are most often non-existent. Although internet rumors are RS can get socked with people.
    I hope everyone shares your plan of leaving JH to go to R Stoke on every powder day. Everyone should go there.

Quote Originally Posted by peterbmoorman View Post
    ughhhh.

The truth hurts. I've skied a lot of the Ikon destinations, and JH is head and shoulders above the other places.

I like the OPTION of going to Alta, Big Sky, Revelstoke.....

But am I really going to pack the car up and drive to these places mid-February when Jackson is getting dumped on????

Hell no.
    Truth don’t hurt nothin... like I said, JH is my favorite and for good reason. But it’s not always getting dumped on, bro... taking a mid-week storm-chasing excursion may not be feasible for you, but it is for a lot of us.

Alta-SB gets more snow, and better snow. The best anywhere. Hardly anything to look down upon... not to mention, Alta is skiers only.

Alta-SB gets more snow, and better snow. The best anywhere. Hardly anything to look down upon... not to mention, Alta is skiers only.
    via Imgflip Meme Generator

Learn to read...LOWER grade. So to repeat why would one want to leave here to go elsewhere ? And you can list anywhere you want because we choose to be HERE and they are killing the place. Something your 71 post JONG and your Bro Bra Hommies cant even start to grasp ...obviously.
    So thats what works for you. Thank you for sharing.

Others bounce around chasing powder. Are they supposed to be ashamed of that?

The only ones killing the place are NIMBY / lock-the-door-behind-me types like you who won’t shut their mouths. Stop crying and enjoy the mountain: you can’t blame anyone else for wanting to do the same.

And most importantly, stop acting like you own the place. Locals don’t have any inherent privilege, ownership or special rights over Any mountain. JH is on National Forrest Service land.

Haters gonna hate.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

haha...jackson sounds like its whine country....

Post Some Ski Stoke...>>maybe ya'll need a 2nd thread t o Bitch in??!?!?!
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Rumors confirmed...Grand pass is 1469 (70 increase) and comes with base Ikon...
    https://www.jacksonhole.com/season-pass.html
    Sweet. Now all the Squaw & Mammoth skiers (like me next year) can add UNLIMITED days at JH for only $650 extra (with blackout dates). All the IKONers across the world should upgrade to a JH Grand Pass Bypass and crowd JH on even MORE DAYS next year!

...So to repeat why would one want to leave here to go elsewhere ?...they are killing the place.
    I think you answered your own question. Maybe you will leave JH after the place is "killed", to get away from crowds of people who were invited to bring money to money-loving JHMR.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Meh, Jackson is tracked out in a couple hours on a powder day... except for the hike spots. I’d be interested to know how many newbs are hitting 4 pines, head wall, granite, etc. If that stuff is getting tracked faster,

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Maybe because you have family/friends elsewhere and want to visit them? Or maybe because you'd like to ski past April 7?

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    Sweet. Now all the Squaw & Mammoth skiers (like me next year) can add UNLIMITED days at JH for only $650 extra (with blackout dates). All the IKONers across the world should upgrade to a JH Grand Pass Bypass and crowd JH on even MORE DAYS next year!

That is the first thing I noticed. Ikoners can get a cheap JH pass!

Wonder how many more grand passes they sell next year?

Say you usually ski 2 weeks at JH.

It’s a weird math situation. Instead of a 10 day JH and a base ikon, you can get a grand pass (bypass) that includes a base ikon for less money?

On the plus side, the JH crowd gets free post season skiing. Or storm chasing during the winter.
    . . .

Maybe gaperfools days antics should be taken on the road next year. Invade other resorts with a mass of JH skiers. Kind of like how I take pleasure in throwing unnecessary u-turns in someone else town after a summer of tourism.

Cause you don’t want to ski the same runs over and over and over for 40 years no matter how good they are at times?

Cause the skiing is better elsewhere at times?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Meh, Jackson is tracked out in a couple hours on a powder day... except for the hike spots.
    Uh, no. Not true. If anything, JH holds thenpow longer than most mountains due to its acerage and vert.

It’s the only mountain I’ve ever managed to ski deep powder for an entire day... 3 days in a row (late Feb, 2019).That just doesn’t happen anywhere else in my experience.

jesus fucking christ u people sure bitch alot for living in a place so rad u never want to leave........or post a single stoked out picture. the pass is a shitshow, the village is full of gaping visitors and wahhhhhh more people have jacksomn access next year. what a bunch of wankers. djongo must be outta town cuz hes the only thing resembling stoke u guys have here. thread fail!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    jesus fucking christ u people sure bitch alot for living in a place so rad u never want to leave........or post a single stoked out picture. the pass is a shitshow, the village is full of gaping visitors and wahhhhhh more people have jacksomn access next year. what a bunch of wankers. djongo must be outta town cuz hes the only thing resembling stoke u guys have here. thread fail!!!!
    the irony is that the people b*tching the most in the last few pages do not even live here

and I've been known to post some mediocre stoke
    skid luxury