Page 1426 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 ... LastLast
Results 35,626 to 35,650 of 41810
    Cases are on the rise in the UK and just started increasing in the US again...

Went to the post office today - 1 out of 15 with a mask on (me). Good luck getting people to mask up again if shit hits the fan.

Meanwhile, with more and more states reporting only 1-3 times a week, we're going to be even slower to react if we need to.

At Whole Foods yesterday the only people I saw not wearing masks were employees.

WTF?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/05/...k-Wuhan-Story/

an artical on why the Lab Leak in Wuhan doesnt hold up
    the tyee ? a real science pub and the author is a real science heavy hitter
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    At Whole Foods yesterday the only people I saw not wearing masks were employees.

WTF?
    My local grocery chain's new policy is that their vaccinated employees have the option to not wear masks.

As for the customers, mask usage declines in relation to distance from downtown.

BOSTON—Calling the benefit the only way to lure employees back into the workforce following the pandemic, local employer Apex Insurance announced Wednesday that it would begin offering basic dignity as an incentive for new hires. “Frankly, we don’t have the resources to hand out respect to every new hire, but if what’s needed is a perk like acknowledging that our employees are human beings rather than profit-producing cogs, then we’ll do it,” said Apex CEO Brandon Chenoweth, noting that the suite of basic decency benefits would include not actively degrading workers in front of their faces, openly speaking to them about the company’s problems as if they were adults, and even occasionally crediting them for their own work. “It was astonishing to see the number of potential employees in this post-Covid environment who turned down job offers simply because I acted like they were a literal piece of garbage whose fate rested in my palm. That’s new, and it shows that the pandemic is going to require some real inventiveness to get them back in the door and working like mules to boost our bottom line.” Chenoweth added that he hoped once the job market stabilized in a few months he would soon get back to treating his employees like absolute dogshit.

^ heh. If it gets any worse for employers, they’re gonna have to start paying living wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ^ heh. If it gets any worse for employers, they’re gonna have to start paying living wages.
    If the rest of the workforce has the mindset expressed in another thread, I would keep waiting as an employer.

To quote:
    "When I lived in a Mountain towns I made 8.50 $ and was glad! Nowadays kids make 20 bucks for standing around."

Who needs to make a living...just commute a few hours to serve the New Mountain town overlords.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

This thread dropped to middle of second page. Pandemic must be over.

California drops a lot of rules Tuesday. Still masks in public transport, schools, prisons, large gatherings, and any business can require them. CalOSHA says employees still have to wear masks--we'll see how long that lasts. Businesses can fully open--but good luck restaurants opening. Around here most aren't seating anyone, even outdoors, due to lack of workers. That's not likely to change, maybe ever for some. I wonder how much will really change. I expect to see a lot of masks still.

Definitely feels over in CO. Even though Mesa County is killing it with cases.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Cases are on the rise in the UK and just started increasing in the US again...

Went to the post office today - 1 out of 15 with a mask on (me). Good luck getting people to mask up again if shit hits the fan.

Meanwhile, with more and more states reporting only 1-3 times a week, we're going to be even slower to react if we need to.
    We've reported 100 new cases since Memorial day in my small town.

Still a good amount of mask wearing but you can bring your own bags to grocery stores now. All but one out of three I went to yesterday (just can't get all I need in one place) bagged for me. Lots of places with signs encouraging mask wearing still. No cart cleaning anymore either.

Stats for our county:

Walla Walla County
    Pop.60,236
    Doses Admin 56,950
    1 dose 28,449 (47.23%)
    2 doses 25,315 (42.03%)
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I think this heart inflammation news is going to amplify. In the week after we got our pfizer shots, the wife and I had one day (day 4 or 5?) where we took the afternoon off to nap because we both had bad heart palpations. We are older than the age group of concern. We just don't think it was the chinese noodle we all ate for lunch. We've eaten that many times without a 7.5 hour long period of severe heart palpitations. They went away the next day. It was strange. Perhaps the dark soya sauce we had with our noodle. I think that has tons of MSG in it.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    I think this heart inflammation news is going to amplify. In the week after we got our pfizer shots, the wife and I had one day (day 4 or 5?) where we took the afternoon off to nap because we both had bad heart palpations. We are older than the age group of concern. We just don't think it was the chinese noodle we all ate for lunch. We've eaten that many times without a 7.5 hour long period of severe heart palpitations. They went away the next day. It was strange. Perhaps the dark soya sauce we had with our noodle. I think that has tons of MSG in it.
    psychosomatic paranoid moron, assholes like you make this pandemic worse than it needs to be

news is going to amplify... the wife and I had one day (day 4 or 5?) where we took the afternoon off to nap because we both had bad heart palpations... chinese noodle we all ate for lunch. We've eaten that many times without a 7.5 hour long period of severe heart palpitations. They went away the next day.
    Non-deadly transient AE that is occurring at a rate of maybe as high as 1 in 20,000? Sucks, but not as bad as smallpox vaccine... why is this breaking news?

While worthy of awareness for treatment and study, we should be scared about the incredibly high rates of cardiac injury in COVID-19 survivors that may be contributing to "long hauler" syndromes. We know 1 in 100 to as high as 1 in 20 sufferers of acute viral illness may have myocardial involvement. The annual rate for myopericarditis is probably around 1 in 20,000 in the US. However, for COVID survivors, the number is much much much higher, perhaps even as high as 1 in 10.

PS your perceived brief "heart palpitation" are not the presenting symptom for myopericarditis. Sorry about your bad Chinese food bro...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    psychosomatic paranoid moron, assholes like you make this pandemic worse than it needs to be
    OH. LOL. Well they were some serious ones. I thought it was my imagination and the wife and checked each other's pulse and it was indeed wacked out. This lasted for almost half the day but it was bad from after lunch until late evening. I've had heart palpitations before - but never that bad. Haven't had any before or since.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    PS your perceived brief "heart palpitation" are not the presenting symptom for myopericarditis.
    Really? But it is for myocarditis, right?

Once Bill Gates gets your 5G frequency tuned you and your wife should be fine. Bonus is that you should both be able to magnetize aluminum keys.

Maybe my will finally hear something - anything - I say.

Well this has been fun! Two (mostly outdoor) parties in the past week, and running club happened this morning. Anybody out there giving dirty looks for not wearing masks would have to be getting pretty worn down, because out on the sidewalks and paths, there's much less mask wearing (exception: I was in SF yesterday, and on the sidewalks there masks are still the norm). And I have to imagine that people are being much less careful nearly everywhere outside of my burg Mid-Peninsula. That, and in just a few more days, my fair state is calling most of the restrictions officially over.

So I guess we'll see what happens, and if there's enough vax in the collective body for a bump in infection rates not to happen within the next month or so.

We went out for dinner last night.

First time in 16 months.

So I unearthed my favorite wine, the last one of a few I bought in 1998.

w0000000000000000t!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2607_LI.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	377019  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

^^^That looks tasty

Driving back into our village this pm there’s a kinda scruffy guy holding a sign at the edge of town that read:

Covid 19
    Survival Rate 99.7%
    Sheeple

I first thought “woah, I’d love to hear how the hell he came up with that tortured conclusion”
    Then I thought “no, I don’t really think I would”

After stopping at the produce stand I looped back around to obtain photographic evidence, but alas he was gone.

Coming home from Camp Sherman around 3-ish I saw the same guy. Lots of time on his hands, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I first thought “woah, I’d love to hear how the hell he came up with that tortured conclusion”
    Then I thought “no, I don’t really think I would”
    He subtracted 3 from 100... Duh!

Really? But it is for myocarditis, right?
    same thing, and nope
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Coming home from Camp Sherman around 3-ish I saw the same guy. Lots of time on his hands, apparently.
    Were you also getting outsmarted by creatures with a brain the size of a lentil? Fuckers rose to & refused three different drake patterns this PM

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

^^^ Ha, no… I have a client in Camp Sherman, worked today. Haven’t even bought my license yet this season. Were you working the Metolius? I never have much luck there. Very humbling.