Page 325 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Some mags want to know if I’m still alive, so here’s a status report.

Self quarantine day 11.
    COVID-19 day 10.

Didn’t sleep well last night and woke up with sweats.
    Temperature was slightly up to 99.7F, so took two Tylenols to bring down a degree.
    Started working at 8:30am, got tired so took a nap during lunch break around noon.
    Can’t smell and don’t have appetite but force to eat some soup and two slices of bread.
    Boyfriend lost 17lbs in two weeks and I’m 7lbs down.
    The toll on our bodies will take some weeks and months to recover.

Will report back some days later.
    Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Mofro, Huckbucket, and all the other mags with expertise are better qualified to answer but in a nutshell a virus mutates due to natural selection and predicting evolution is hard. But as long as long our immune system can recognize enough of a mutated virus (maybe 50% similarity?) then we should develop herd immunity.

The main thing is we want to stop the evolutionary process either through containment or with a vaccine. And, FWIW, tests reinfecting primates with COVID-19 indicate we do develop immunity.

When it comes to lethality, the two main mutations we care about are virulence and transmissibility. Virulence is the amount of damage a virus does to its host. The reason why SARS-CoV-2 is spreading whereas SARS was stopped is SARS killed its host too quickly. So if anything, although anything could happen, the virus will evolve to be more transmissible and less virulent—but will likely remain roughly, in effect, as it is now at least in the short term.
    The short answer is that variants have been found and are being used to track transmission. This work is being led by the Hutch and it's just an amazing body of work so far. More than 800 samples sequenced, clustered and mapped.

https://nextstrain.org/narratives/nc...rep/2020-03-20

The guy leading the work .... https://twitter.com/trvrb/with_replies

No data exists to date to correlate specific genomic variants with infectivity or severity. It's just too soon and has to be done retrospectively.

Thank you.
    You take care of yourself as well.
    Are you self quarantined?
    I am. Girls are spending most of their time at grandmas and my wife, who has never been sick a day in her life, is convinced she’s immune. She may be right.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    This sounds dumb, but how are you getting TP? What about food? Delivery on food I’m assuming. Glad you seem to be making it through.

I jokingly proposed a contest for the first Mag to get CV19. Are you the winner? I missed your original post.
    We are toilet paper rich.

8 hurricane seasons in Houston taught me to be prepared at all times.
    Right before the whole thing blew up, I got enough everything for us to sustain 2-4 weeks.
    Also put an online grocery delivery order before there was no slot left.
    We just got water delivery today, so we are good on water for another month.

We also have friends and neighbors around us keep bringing things to our door.
    People are unbelievably kind and supportive.

I always appreciated people deliver things to our place.
    But now these people are literally keeping us alive.
    I have a whole new appreciation level for delivery folks.

They said I won the context and offered hookers and blow.
    I kindly declined.

Nutmeg best wishes and thanks for sharing. Somehow hadn't realized till this afternoon that your were working through this.

To me the best way wipe is a few snowballs. Beyond that a hundred different ways exist to get it clean. It makes zero sense to me why people hoard toilet paper.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We are toilet paper rich.

8 hurricane seasons in Houston taught me to be prepared at all times.
    Right before the whole thing blew up, I got enough everything for us to sustain 2-4 weeks.
    Did you happen to read my Females and TP post? Decided to go lightly on the wipey? I’m glad. Get well.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Nutmeg best wishes and thanks for sharing. Somehow hadn't realized till this afternoon that your were working through this.

To me the best way wipe is a few snowballs. Beyond that a hundred different ways exist to get it clean. It makes zero sense to me why people hoard toilet paper.

Ugh. Snowballs are a waste. Fold neatly.

Local Update for Charlotte, NC:

We have 142 confirmed cases. So far, 1 out of 5 are requiring hospitalization.

Not good news. It’s about to blow up here.

going by doubling every four days that would be 4500 by Easter with 900+ hospitalized.
    Surely the hospitalization rate will decline, but those numbers are just Mecklenburg county. Doesn’t include, all the surrounding counties, that our CLT hospitals largely serve.

Snowballs! Pack tightly.
    Fixed it for you.

A quick draw shit snowball is the best way I know to keep the social distance violators in check.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Fixed it for you.

A quick draw shit snowball is the best way I know to keep the social distance violators in check.

Careful, a dude in Jersey is up on terrorism charges after coughing on a store worker as a joke. Me personally, I’m just going with lots of garlic on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Careful, a dude in Jersey is up on terrorism charges after coughing on a store worker as a joke. Me personally, I’m just going with lots of garlic on everything.
    Not sure it was a joke, Dude is clearly an asshole: https://www.foxnews.com/us/nj-man-wh...-governor-says

Throw the book at him. What’s the latest on the kids coughing on stuff at the stores and YouTubing? Hopefully they stamped that out.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    A jetliner with no one on it must be a blast to fly.
    That's a super random post. But yeah, can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, it's a shit ton lighter, but, the actual flying must be the same. Doors still secure, computers doing most of the work.
    Negative, Mailman.

I've ferried an empty 757 a few times - as in just the two of us. There aren't really computers on that machine. Ours didn't even have gps. Even during normal ops we'd routinely hand fly it below ten thousand feet on visual days.

@stuckathuntah, if the runway isn't flat, it's really bumpy on the t.o. roll because the nose wheel is so far behind you, and there's nothing holding it down. Once the gear is up you just start pointing it to the sky. It's like being in the dentist's chair. At flaps up @ 250 kts it climbs with the old school VSI pegged at the top - which is 6000 fpm. That's more than 60 miles per hour straight up. Going through 10000 ft and running it right up to the barber pole, the vsi is still pegged if you're light enough.

I've ferried a B73/8ng a few times as well. Not as kick you in the ass with brute power as the 75, but sightseeing along the coast and through the mountains might have occurred.

Huckbucket--really appreciate your posting the graphs every day. Best graphic AFAIC. That US graph has really flattened out--guess it's time to call off the lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    That's a super random post. But yeah, can be.

Negative, Mailman.

I've ferried an empty 757 a few times - as in just the two of us. There aren't really computers on that machine. Ours didn't even have gps. Even during normal ops we'd routinely hand fly it below ten thousand feet on visual days.

@stuckathuntah, if the runway isn't flat, it's really bumpy on the t.o. roll because the nose wheel is so far behind you, and there's nothing holding it down. Once the gear is up you just start pointing it to the sky. It's like being in the dentist's chair. At flaps up @ 250 kts it climbs with the old school VSI pegged at the top - which is 6000 fpm. That's more than 60 miles per hour straight up. Going through 10000 ft and running it right up to the barber pole, the vsi is still pegged if you're light enough.

I've ferried a B73/8ng a few times as well. Not as kick you in the ass with brute power as the 75, but sightseeing along the coast and through the mountains might have occurred.
    Damn. i never gave your username much thought until just now. Makes me laugh thinking.

And on that note, about a week ago KQ was starting to panic and I wanted to post this as a joke at the time

But instead I and others got a bit judgy and we haven't seen her since.

I am sorry and I hope you're doing okKQ cause you're one of this forum's bright spots.

edit-this isn't an attempt to get you to come back to this thread. You do what makes you happy. I know I have to get away from here because of the toxicity of constant bad news.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    USA! USA!

I mean, now that the Olympics are gone...
    #1 in cases. Pfft
    Until we hit #1 in deaths, hold your chanting

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Huckbucket--really appreciate your posting the graphs every day. Best graphic AFAIC. That US graph has really flattened out--guess it's time to call off the lockdown.
    You got it .... data is king.

I know most of you are far left leaning, but are you not a little pissed at Pelosi’s act with the CV19 relief bill? I mean come on...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...abuki-theater/

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    You got it .... data is king.
    Agree with OG. Those are great. What’s your source? Promise I won’t show you up.

Name:  IMG_0606.JPG
Views: 539
Size:  53.5 KB

I know most of you are far left leaning, but are you not a little pissed at Pelosi’s act with the CV19 relief bill? I mean come on...

When you've lost the Washington Post....

Agree with OG. Those are great. What’s your source? Promise I won’t show you up.
    google john burn murdoch
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

The data scientist who crunches the data and makes the charts posts them to Twitter as soon as they are ready. He works for the Financial Times;

Lots more data here:
    https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.16.30 PM.png 
Views:	202 
Size:	620.4 KB 
ID:	322127

I lean pretty far to the middle. But I'm a little pissed at Trump for calling it a Dem hoax for a few weeks. I mean, come on....
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Throw the book at him. What’s the latest on the kids coughing on stuff at the stores and YouTubing? Hopefully they stamped that out.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus..._charged_with/