Page 1553 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 ... LastLast
Results 38,801 to 38,825 of 46183

Shit that annoys you

This made me realize that I need to order new rotors for my new (to me) wheels. I’m annoyed that I have to do that, and that it may add timeline to me being able to use my new wheels.
    focus.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I think 99% of everyone would be perfectly happy with 6-bolt except some XC weight weenie dentists that want to shave 40 grams off a wheel.
    I don’t have a preference either way. CL is easier to switch if you do that a lot but hard to tighten when out on the trail, if that ever happens.

I haven’t bothered to look into it but is CL lighter overall? I think the hubs are lighter and the rotors are heavier.

I think the only reason I'd ever prefer centerlock would be on a travel bike - something that got packed into a case for transport regularly. Be nice to be able to remove the rotors easily and keep them from bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I think the only reason I'd ever prefer centerlock would be on a travel bike - something that got packed into a case for transport regularly. Be nice to be able to remove the rotors easily and keep them from bending.
    Yes, that’s why I prefer 6 bolt for traveling. Removal and installation is quick, and uses a mini tool that I always have with the bike anyway.

Center lock requires a tool I normally wouldn’t bring, and is never stashed on the bike.

Any experienced mechanic encounters frames with rear brake mount a bit too far outboard. Thin shims under rotor fix this easily with 6 bolt. Center lock fails in this scenario. Sometimes you can dremel out the slots in the caliper but this creates liability issues for a shop.

Center lock is just another shitty idea from Shitmano. :shrug:
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Center lock is just another shitty idea from Shitmano. :shrug:
    This^^^ A solution in search of a problem.

Early July a couple big rocks (head-size) appeared in the corner of our driveway. I figured some nice neighbor dropped them there to match the hundreds of other rocks I've painstakingly hauled out of the canyons to build rock borders all over the yard. I moved them to the side and forgot about them.

FF a couple weeks, Ms Boissal and I are coming back from a hike on Pioneer Day, the conclusion of the month-long fireworks season in SLC. The rocks are back in the driveway and are being used to hold a fiberglass tube. I take one look and realize it's a launching station for fireworks, now full of debris and still warm to the touch. I look around, trashy fucking neighbor across the house is peering out his screen door at me. That would be the guy who looks like beetlejuice, has the inside of his garage painted in orange leopard print, parks on the grass in his front yard instead of his gigantic driveway, and spends the winter doing donuts on his ATV while pretending to plow the sidewalks (yes, he has a blade on his ATV). He's also airB&Bing a trailer parked in his driveway at the moment, because why the fuck not.

I take a deep breath, throw the rocks into the backyard, toss the tube in our stinky ass trash can, and go to the garden to pull weed and cool off. Ms Boissal finds me out there ranting and rambling and tells me he came knocking on the door asking for his tube back. She told him to dig it out of the trashcan and fuck right off with his fireworks bullshit, to which he replied that he set up his thing in our driveway otherwise the fireworks land on his roof. Better they land on our roof or in our desiccated grass...

So glad I wasn't there for this conversation, I'd have flipped him in the trash can when he dove in. Yesterday I got home from riding and there were firework debris all over the street, driveway, and our lawn. I spent 10 minutes cleaning up and threw a solid half in his driveway.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Early July a couple big rocks (head-size) appeared in the corner of our driveway. I figured some nice neighbor dropped them there to match the hundreds of other rocks I've painstakingly hauled out of the canyons to build rock borders all over the yard. I moved them to the side and forgot about them.

FF a couple weeks, Ms Boissal and I are coming back from a hike on Pioneer Day, the conclusion of the month-long fireworks season in SLC. The rocks are back in the driveway and are being used to hold a fiberglass tube. I take one look and realize it's a launching station for fireworks, now full of debris and still warm to the touch. I look around, trashy fucking neighbor across the house is peering out his screen door at me. That would be the guy who looks like beetlejuice, has the inside of his garage painted in orange leopard print, parks on the grass in his front yard instead of his gigantic driveway, and spends the winter doing donuts on his ATV while pretending to plow the sidewalks (yes, he has a blade on his ATV). He's also airB&Bing a trailer parked in his driveway at the moment, because why the fuck not.

I take a deep breath, throw the rocks into the backyard, toss the tube in our stinky ass trash can, and go to the garden to pull weed and cool off. Ms Boissal finds me out there ranting and rambling and tells me he came knocking on the door asking for his tube back. She told him to dig it out of the trashcan and fuck right off with his fireworks bullshit, to which he replied that he set up his thing in our driveway otherwise the fireworks land on his roof. Better they land on our roof or in our desiccated grass...

So glad I wasn't there for this conversation, I'd have flipped him in the trash can when he dove in. Yesterday I got home from riding and there were firework debris all over the street, driveway, and our lawn. I spent 10 minutes cleaning up and threw a solid half in his driveway.
    Dogshit meet doorhandles.

Yeah that's beyond annoying. Props to the Mrs though, sounds like she doesn't play around!

Too good for that fucker; kangaroo feet in his bed.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Dogshit meet doorhandles.
    Compressed air cannon. Dispose of all your poop (dog, human, whatever) by launching it onto his roof.

https://www.instructables.com/Air-Po...?amp_page=true
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Some good suggestions in there. Unfortunately Ms Boissal is opposed to starting a war with the neighbor, something about it being a lost cause cause he's a fucktard and such. She's the brains of the Boissal household so I will oblige.

Another annoyance while I'm at it, also neighbor related. We live in a quiet neighborhood south of SLC, deep in suburbia. Small street with no traffic, nice and peaceful. Ms Boissal fixed up the back patio last year and made it real pleasant. It's an old covered porch with ceiling fans, speakers, firepit, perfect to chill out with a beer and listen to the crickets at night. I was out there yesterday when the neighbor's AC unit turned on. It's about 2' from the fence and maybe 15' from where I was sitting. It took a minute of rattling about to get up to speed then settled into sounding like a dying coal-roller. 85-ish dB of fan spinning on dead bearings or something of the sort. I had to retreat inside, no amount of cranking the volume on the speakers was going to drown out the fucker. I could hear it turn on and off all night with the windows opened even though the bedroom is on the opposite side of the house from the unit. It usually doesn't bother me but I tend to get fixated on sounds and cannot unhear them.

Now that house has been unoccupied since last spring (2021) when the renters moved out. The AC unit had been sounding haggard for some time and we had talked to them about it but the owner wouldn't do shit. We suspect he keeled over and the family is fighting over what to do with the place, there's no way they'd let a 4-bed 3-bath sit empty for that long otherwise. The AC unit is on ALL THE FUCKING TIME, the thermostat must be set at 62 in there cause it starts going in May and during the summer it's off for 10 minutes max before rattling back on. I'm tempted to import a couple of porcupines since they love chewing on rubber hoses. Maybe they'd get through some of wiring and take care of the issue...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Dogshit in the air intake.

Some good suggestions in there. Unfortunately Ms Boissal is opposed to starting a war with the neighbor, something about it being a lost cause cause he's a fucktard and such. She's the brains of the Boissal household so I will oblige.

Another annoyance while I'm at it, also neighbor related. We live in a quiet neighborhood south of SLC, deep in suburbia. Small street with no traffic, nice and peaceful. Ms Boissal fixed up the back patio last year and made it real pleasant. It's an old covered porch with ceiling fans, speakers, firepit, perfect to chill out with a beer and listen to the crickets at night. I was out there yesterday when the neighbor's AC unit turned on. It's about 2' from the fence and maybe 15' from where I was sitting. It took a minute of rattling about to get up to speed then settled into sounding like a dying coal-roller. 85-ish dB of fan spinning on dead bearings or something of the sort. I had to retreat inside, no amount of cranking the volume on the speakers was going to drown out the fucker. I could hear it turn on and off all night with the windows opened even though the bedroom is on the opposite side of the house from the unit. It usually doesn't bother me but I tend to get fixated on sounds and cannot unhear them.

Now that house has been unoccupied since last spring (2021) when the renters moved out. The AC unit had been sounding haggard for some time and we had talked to them about it but the owner wouldn't do shit. We suspect he keeled over and the family is fighting over what to do with the place, there's no way they'd let a 4-bed 3-bath sit empty for that long otherwise. The AC unit is on ALL THE FUCKING TIME, the thermostat must be set at 62 in there cause it starts going in May and during the summer it's off for 10 minutes max before rattling back on. I'm tempted to import a couple of porcupines since they love chewing on rubber hoses. Maybe they'd get through some of wiring and take care of the issue...
    They have an external electrical box? If so - do 'em a favor and flip the A/C breaker off.

If there were a Shitty Driving Olympics, a number of people on my to/from trip to the airport this morning would be strong medal contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    They have an external electrical box? If so - do 'em a favor and flip the A/C breaker off.
    Problem with that is if they have a mold problem and they figure out who flipped the breaker then there could be legal and or financial ramifications. Even if they hold mold first. Otherwise it is a solid proposition given an empty house.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Problem with that is if they have a mold problem and they figure out who flipped the breaker then there could be legal and or financial ramifications. Even if they hold mold first. Otherwise it is a solid proposition given an empty house.
    Utah? Mold? I'm doubtful. Wear a mask when flipping the breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Utah? Mold? I'm doubtful. Wear a mask when flipping the breaker.
    Nah, let a stick "fall" in the fan. That way when the motor burns out, it'll get replaced with a quieter model with new bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Nah, let a stick "fall" in the fan. That way when the motor burns out, it'll get replaced with a quieter model with new bearings.
    Where is your “but watch for fire” warning
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Where is your “but watch for fire” warning
    That's for the neighbor across the street.

People who drive 30mph through parking lots. I know you’re late picking up little Ricky from karate practice or something but don’t put my car and health at risk for it. Slow the f down, the world doesn’t revolve around you.

Massholes heading north for the weekend. Don't drive up here like you drive down in MA. Or better yet, just go to the Cape.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Massholes heading north for the weekend. Don't drive up here like you drive down in MA. Or better yet, just go to the Cape.
    Right?

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    People who drive 30mph through parking lots. I know you’re late picking up little Ricky from karate practice or something but don’t put my car and health at risk for it. Slow the f down, the world doesn’t revolve around you.
    The same people are driving down the canyon going 30mph in a 45 zone cause they're scared. But give them 100 yards of straight road and a passing lane and they're up to 70 cause they'd die of shame if they got passed. Speed the f up, I'm not on a scenic drive here, got places to be!

The same people are driving down the canyon going 30mph in a 45 zone cause they're scared. But give them 100 yards of straight road and a passing lane and they're up to 70 cause they'd die of shame if they got passed. Speed the f up, I'm not on a scenic drive here, got places to be!
    They wouldn't get away with that stuff in France, amirite? The French invented tailgating.

That the Shit That Annoys You thread has more than 10x the posts of the Things That Amuse you Thread.