Page 676 of 729 FirstFirst ... 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 ... LastLast
Results 16,876 to 16,900 of 18222
    Google search and youtube search were both down considerably. I’m kinda hoping it rips even lower tomorrow. Low 90’s I may buy in a little deeper. I’m rather conflicted on them growing employment while decreasing revenue. But, I gotta think with what they’re spending on R&D it’ll eventually pay off.

We’ll see, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post
    Dumb ? - Nat Gas = Propane? Nat gas gets turned into propane?

Not Hank Hill selling Propane and Propane Acc...
    Propane is a specific chemical compound, C3H8, that is a component of natural gas. Natural gas is an amalgam of many different compounds, mostly methane but also butane, propane, and others. Propane has a lot more BTUs per cubic foot.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Google search and youtube search were both down considerably. I’m kinda hoping it rips even lower tomorrow. Low 90’s I may buy in a little deeper. I’m rather conflicted on them growing employment while decreasing revenue. But, I gotta think with what they’re spending on R&D it’ll eventually pay off.

We’ll see, eh?
    Google has been spending billions to make google search shittier too use to earn marginal revenue from ads.

I’m still thinking big layoffs in big tech unless they are just front loading earnings declines. End of year will be interesting. December and January are popular layoff months.

I don’t get why google added 30k employees yoy?

“In the second quarter, Alphabet said its head count rose 21% to 174,014 full-time employees from 144,056 the year prior.”

Is the stock market going to tank?

DXY dropped below its July high. A weekly close blow 110 would help stabilize stocks.

IWM and DIA could lead next cycle higher for years like after the 2000 crash.

Dumped my BA on the $150 spike.

Earings = ewwwwwwwwww
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

My company was sold to another a couple three years ago, and I left my 401k money with the old company. Now they are switching management firms, November 31st, so I am moving it to to my own rollover IRA alongside my others from previous jobs. I absolutely hate how companies constantly churn their 401k portfolios between different management companies. The only reason I left the money is the fees are good and access to good funds within the account.

Currently experiencing my usual paralysis anxiety because it will go to cash, come to me in a check, which I then forward to Vangaurd. Sucks doing this during periods of market volatility.

With my usual luck market drops the day I go to cash then scoots up before I can reinvest.

Several hundred g's.

But I know I need to get this done...

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    My company was sold to another a couple three years ago, and I left my 401k money with the old company. Now they are switching management firms, November 31st, so I am moving it to to my own rollover IRA alongside my others from previous jobs. I absolutely hate how companies constantly churn their 401k portfolios between different management companies. The only reason I left the money is the fees are good and access to good funds within the account.

Currently experiencing my usual paralysis anxiety because it will go to cash, come to me in a check, which I then forward to Vangaurd. Sucks doing this during periods of market volatility.

With my usual luck market drops the day I go to cash then scoots up before I can reinvest.

Several hundred g's.

But I know I need to get this done...

What sort of Medieval 401K mgmt company is it with?? Rollover comes to you in a check?? I'd be irritated...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    What sort of Medieval 401K mgmt company is it with?? Rollover comes to you in a check?? I'd be irritated...
    Yeah. It is some kind of bullshit. They want you to roll it over to them.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yeah. It is some kind of bullshit. They want you to roll it over to them.

"Oh, sure - fuckin' MAIL me a check for several hundred thousand dollars. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?"

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    "Oh, sure - fuckin' MAIL me a check for several hundred thousand dollars. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?"

It's the oligarchs finding a way to borrow my money for free for as long as possible.

Made out to the new broker, not me. Probably pretty hard for someone to steal it, but I am sure USPS could lose it just like they lost my IRS check for an entire year.

I think it's actually some kind of arcane legal rule. I had a similar rollover earlier this year and they also mailed a check, though it went direct to the new brokerage and not to me first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I think it's actually some kind of arcane legal rule. I had a similar rollover earlier this year and they also mailed a check, though it went direct to the new brokerage and not to me first.
    Rules written by the rich for the rich.

If I leave the money it will also go to cash for a day or so for the transfer into the new 401k management company.

Somehow that seems easier to deal with. Not just because it is a shorter time in cash but because the timing is beyond my control.

That is why I have to just grit my teeth and get this done.

Is the stock market going to tank?

If you sell a security it has a settlement period. You can’t just roll from one to another. When a company allows you to use unsettled proceeds for another trade they are assuming the counter party risk. Peer to peer company is not and should not do that. They would have that same counter party liability for an inter company rollover because those are segregated funds and not held in brokerage name.

Same check thing happened to me in 2008. Except I held the money in a check from mid October to early January (you get 90 days before they hit you with early withdrawal tax). Put it into stable value for a couple months and dumped it all into small cap equities mid march 2009. Prob will make me a couple hundred thousand over my lifetime. Just by being lucky and getting it in a check.

Anyway. Facebook got smoked. Ad revenue way down. Companies preparing for a downturn.
    Decisions Decisions

Cheap hobbies are underrated.

Name:  Buiy The Dip.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  132.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Same check thing happened to me in 2008. Except I held the money in a check from mid October to early January (you get 90 days before they hit you with early withdrawal tax). Put it into stable value for a couple months and dumped it all into small cap equities mid march 2009. Prob will make me a couple hundred thousand over my lifetime. Just by being lucky and getting it in a check.

Anyway. Facebook got smoked. Ad revenue way down. Companies preparing for a downturn.
    Nice. Well that is the potential upside.

Just got off the line with them. Another alternative is to roll the money into their ira then once that is settled they can wire the money to my IRA. Still will be 3 to 4 days out of the market on front side not sure on the backside. $15 401k fee into their ira rollover account.

Rollover check to me for chosen indy account is a $50 fee from the 401k.

Maybe I need to start going to cash day by day.

If I do nothing freeze starts Nov 23rd then liquidation to cash Nov 26th? if I leave it with the 401k for the transfer into the new 401k around Dec 2nd.

You could hedge your transfer position with a futures contract or weekly option. Perfect for that.

$15 or $40 and you’ll be out of the market a few days? What’s the issue exactly?

Figure out where you want to send it, stay in the investments you want up until you need to redeem, get the check and send (or wire) and allocate your $ appropriately.

If you’re out a week, don’t sweat it. Just have your plan in place for when it’s your turn to execute.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Low 90’s I may buy in a little deeper.
    Had an order fill at $91/share after hours yesterday, 10 more shares. It’ll probably go down in the future, but I caught the knife that day.

Been pivoting from my last year’s strategy of energy and midstreams into depressed tech. Grabbed 10 shares of AMD for $58/share on Monday. I wish I’d bought more AAPL before earnings, as I always kick myself over this. Note to self, buy AAPL.

My MRO call is still hanging out there, been keeping above my cost, still holding out hope. Pretty sure my SOFI put is going to let me keep the cash.

Figured XOM would crush it on earnings, they did. Also figured they’d moon a bit early on that, they did. I’d set an order to sell a Nov 4 $110 call for $2.15. It sold at 9:32est, while driving to work it dipped to $1.70. Pulled over and closed the position at 9.43est. Made $43.68 pretty easy, I’ve got a fair amount of cash still in my account, but I’ll be trying to figure out what to put that $43.68 into.

I’ll probably end up putting it into a high yield equity, something everyone else is fleeing…

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    You could hedge your transfer position with a futures contract or weekly option. Perfect for that.
    Thanks for the technical tidbits and suggestions. Appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    $15 or $40 and you’ll be out of the market a few days? What’s the issue exactly?

Figure out where you want to send it, stay in the investments you want up until you need to redeem, get the check and send (or wire) and allocate your $ appropriately.

If you’re out a week, don’t sweat it. Just have your plan in place for when it’s your turn to execute.
    Got this. It is just the well known psychological hurdle that is interesting to me. Easier mentally to do nothing even when the end result is basically the same. Easy to look at myself from the outside or someone else and shrug but more difficult when dealing with it for myself. My money was all earned the old fashioned way. I'm a grunt, not a dentist.

Yesterday's rally was a nice bump. Glad I was all in for it. That is the kind of instant rally amid a bear market slide that bothers me. It is why staying invested is important. You can't catch those rare days if you aren't in.

Anyways forms in the snail mail. Gotta get this done.

Earnings season has been pretty good for me. SOFI beat on EPS and revenue, bought my put back for .02. Probably could’ve kept that extra $2 but whenever I can buy them back under $5 I’m going to do it to lock in the cash and save the $.65 fee.

Sold another XOM call yesterday, bought it back for an $18.66 gain on my way to work. Free lunch program... I keep waiting for some kind of downfall of placing conservative options positions, but I haven’t seen it yet. It’s going to take quite a market adjustment to erase all the gains I’ve made with having a little bit of money. The game is indeed slanted to those who have the ability to use money to make money.

I’ve lived my whole life making my money off the ability to meld the skills I’ve had physically with those I’d had mentally. Using money to enhance the mental skills has been rather eye opening.

Being as I’ve been deep into energy for the majority of my invested career I’m still posting gains even when the market sinks. Most of my midstream investments have been doing well lately, dividends increasing and share price following suit.

I’m hoping that my latest strategy of buying tech will work out. Grabbed 2 more shares of GOOGL for $91.57, didn’t get it at the cheapest but I’m ok with that. I now have 36 shares of GOOGL at $105.38, may look to add tomorrow.

I’m torn over investing more in growth/tech or getting real time cash money. Dividends are nice, but share price is hard to argue. I’m finding it hard to argue with myself about investing in forward looking companies.

Long DIA/IWM short QQQ could go on for a while

Shit, I guess 103 was too much for Amazon and 98 too much for google. These tech blue chips are being wrecked.

Did they take them out of the indices? Feels so much worse.

Fierce rotation. Tech way over owned.