Page 163 of 929 FirstFirst ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    The virus will smolder in the population of unvaccinated. Maybe the annual infection and death rate will decline to that seen with influenza? Who knows. But this is yet another wedge, crafted by misinformation and mistrust, that will widen the gap for those already struggling. As if they needed another. They can't seem to get out of their own way.
    No, they can. It's easy. Don't cry for them.

leave JBJ out of this

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Now this thread is political. Time to move it eh?

sent from Utah.
    IMV you can't really have a discussion about response to this pandemic, the rollout of vaccines, or other measures without talking about how our elected leaders are guiding that response. People shouldn't demand that threads be moved to asshattery because XYZ politician that they like is being dragged through the mud for their actions or inactions as they relate to the pandemic response. The positive and negative actions of our elected leaders should be fair game in the PR for these types of topics.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    leave JBJ out of this

I'm just trying to get the thread moved to Music, Books, Movies.

Poll shows J&J pause has not increased vaccine hesitancy
    https://arstechnica.com/science/2021...ine-hesitancy/
    https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-pol...onavirus-index

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Wake-Up Women of the World - Stroke Is A Woman’s Issue
    March 5, 2019

I never knew it, few discuss it, fewer realize it, but when you look at the data– guess what. So, we say – WAKE UP TO THE STROKE FACTS!

And one of them is that stroke can hit anyone at any age, not just Grand Ma and
    Grand Pa. This week, 52-year-old Luke Perry died from a massive stroke – he’s
    not the only one! Stroke is the 5th most lethal disease and the number 1 long-term disabler.

10 % of strokes occur in people under 50 years of age. That translates into 80,000
    – 90,000 American’s per year, and so many more globally.

So, let’s go back to women as a stroke issue:

First, more woman than men suffer strokes. Yes, 55,000 more women than
    men have strokes each year;

Second, twice as many women die from stroke as breast cancer– you would
    NEVER know that from media coverage;

Third, more women than men are stroke caregivers -Your life just changed!
    I WAS 53 WHEN MY STROKE HIT. I doubt my wife of eighteen months thought
    that she would be visiting her husband in a nursing home that quickly after we
    were married.

Fourth, here is a sad fact, and one that must be changed for a variety of
    reasons – Woman are less likely to participate in clinical studies than men.
    They may accompany their husbands or partners to the research, but as the
    caregiver, not the participant.

They should participate more to improve their disease outcomes and, researchers
    say that the paucity of woman clinical research participants slow the work of
    researchers.

And fifth, and I only heard about this one this very week in Science Daily –
    “woman call ambulances for husbands, fathers, brothers with heart attacks
    but not for themselves.” The article went on to say, “It’s time for woman to take
    care of themselves too”. This was the message from two studies reported by the
    European Society of Cardiology.
    That's insane! I had no idea it was MORE prevalent in women than men. Very interesting. Actually shed some light on the matter, so thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    That's insane! I had no idea it was MORE prevalent in women than men. Very interesting. Actually shed some light on the matter, so thanks for the post.
    If your friend had a stroke they very likely had a cat scan of their head - which would tell them where in their brain the stroke happened - and would therefore help show whether this is the type of stroke associated with certain covid vaccines.

And this info would be communicated to your friend (or their family if your friend passed away). Before you continue to spread this story around you might consider clarifying just what it is you are taking about.

got my 2nd Pfizer this morning
    I had zero side effects from the 1st one aside from a mildly sore arm (way less achy than when I got a tetanus booster last yr)
    will report back tmrw
    another great thing is that I usually buy my mom something big she needs for Mother's day (one yr I bought her a new car) and this yr she just wants a hug - bonus!
    skid luxury

Moderna #2 yesterday morning kicked my ass. Went to bed feeling feverish and shitty, had very vibrant dreams while waking up frequently with a sense of dread, and woke up this morning with a temp of 99. Super achy and temperature sensitive all day. Back to 90% now, just the charlie horse in my arm, but it's quickly getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm just trying to get the thread moved to Music, Books, Movies.
    Why would it get moved there? JBJ is awful. I don't really call what he does music.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    JBJ is awful. I don't really call what he does music.
    It's more like bad medicine.

Or bad touch.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    got my 2nd Pfizer this morning
    I had zero side effects from the 1st one aside from a mildly sore arm (way less achy than when I got a tetanus booster last yr)
    will report back tmrw
    another great thing is that I usually buy my mom something big she needs for Mother's day (one yr I bought her a new car) and this yr she just wants a hug - bonus!
    it’s a trap, she really wants a new house.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    it’s a trap, she really wants us to call more
    FIFY
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Why would it get moved there? JBJ is awful. I don't really call what he does music.
    But he's a great humanitarian.

Last edited by KQ; 04-20-2021 at 07:05 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    FIFY
    and then ask how to use airdrop again!

This question might have been addressed. Hell, I may have asked the question and I forgot, (these threads go too fast for me).
    First of all: my Wife and I are both fully vaccinated. About 3 weeks out from the 2nd PFE jab.
    More importantly, we got the first and second shots as soon as we could! I believe in the vaccines!

Q: the vax studies were done a while back. I am going to assume that most people willing to be in the trials were wearing masks in public, not gathering or being in crowds. Basically, I’m betting lost folks were following the health measures.
    Wtf happens with vaccine efficacy/efficiency when “we” rip those masks off and start cozying up with others, especially indoors?
    Science can’t measure that shit as far as I can tell.
    I’m all about wearing a good mask if I’m in public, (inside or outside in a congregate setting).

Again...I trust these things but I’m wondering how the super duper numbers we hear about now will translate to the real world

Disclaimer: I understand if the overwhelming population complies with the basic Heath measures even after vaccination we just might see that 90+%.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    This question might have been addressed. Hell, I may have asked the question and I forgot, (these threads go too fast for me).
    First of all: my Wife and I are both fully vaccinated. About 3 weeks out from the 2nd PFE jab.
    More importantly, we got the first and second shots as soon as we could! I believe in the vaccines!

Q: the vax studies were done a while back. I am going to assume that most people willing to be in the trials were wearing masks in public, not gathering or being in crowds. Basically, I’m betting lost folks were following the health measures.
    Wtf happens with vaccine efficacy/efficiency when “we” rip those masks off and start cozying up with others, especially indoors?
    I’m all about wearing a good mask if I’m in public, (inside or outside in a congregate setting).

Again...I trust these things but I’m wondering how the super duper numbers we hear about now will translate to the real world

Disclaimer: I understand if the overwhelming population complies with the basic Heath measures even after vaccination we just might see that 90+%.
    They compared the vaccine group with a group who got placebos. But neither group knew which group they were in. On average, both groups are very very likely to have done the same sorts of things with respect to masks and everything. The numbers were calculated by comparing infections between those groups and would probably be the same if both groups followed no safety protocols. As long as they act about the same as each other.

ETA: IANAD/Eetc....someone who can explain that better will be along shortly. Most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post

Excellent point. There were undoubtedly some people in the vaccinated group who were not immune but didn't get covid because they were never exposed and there is no way to know how large the number is. Of course there were also placebo patients who didn't get sick for the same reason--most of them. Based on the difference in cases between the vaccine and placebo groups it is likely the number is small, but it is also likely that real world numbers won't be as good as trial numbers. I assume that the trial groups will be followed long enough to observe the efficacy without masks and distancing.

My BIL in a trial group still hasn't found out if he got the vaccine or the placebo. They will never tell him. FWIW he's fully happy to comply with all required safety protocols like masks, but he also took a bunch of plane trips for work and to visit family.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    My BIL in a trial group still hasn't found out if he got the vaccine or the placebo. They will never tell him. FWIW he's fully happy to comply with all required safety protocols like masks, but he also took a bunch of plane trips for work and to visit family.
    but... but... if he got the placebo then he's not vaxxed or did they just give everyone two more shots - placebos for those who got the vax and vax for those who got the placebos?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Poll shows 2/3 of the unvaccinated don't plan to get it. Vaccinated percent looks like it will top out at 70%, probably not high enough for herd immunity given the increased transmissibility of variants.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ve-updates-us/
    This article seems to be about adults. How do children fit into this equation?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Poll shows 2/3 of the unvaccinated don't plan to get it. Vaccinated percent looks like it will top out at 70%, probably not high enough for herd immunity given the increased transmissibility of variants.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ve-updates-us/
    Of that population, I wonder how many have already had or will get COVID19 and therefore derive a degree of immunity. A significant proportion of that population seems more likely to get exposed due to ignoring and/or actually actively flaunting their opposition to masking/social distancing protocols (Norwegian COVID parties, anyone?) as they are ideologically inclined against any means of attenuating the pandemic, since it's all part and parcel of a vast duhJoos/libtarded child-sex-and-organ-harvesting conspiracy anyway.

I'm certain there are modeling studies that take this into account in their calculations, but I haven't seen them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    but... but... if he got the placebo then he's not vaxxed or did they just give everyone two more shots - placebos for those who got the vax and vax for those who got the placebos?
    Yes. He had to go in for two more shots after the trial ended. If he'd gotten the placebo the first two rounds, then they gave him the vax, and if he got the vax then they gave him the placebo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Of that population, I wonder how many have already had or will get COVID19 and therefore derive a degree of immunity. A significant proportion of that population seems more likely to get exposed due to ignoring and/or actually actively flaunting their opposition to masking/social distancing protocols (Norwegian COVID parties, anyone?) as they are ideologically inclined against any means of attenuating the pandemic, since it's all part and parcel of a vast duhJoos/libtarded child-sex-and-organ-harvesting conspiracy anyway.

I'm certain there are modeling studies that take this into account in their calculations, but I haven't seen them myself.
    I've been thinking about the same thing since we will need to figure it out at some point, or maybe it will become evident should herd immunity occur even though only 70ish % of people get the vax? It probably just bolster the antivaxxer movement, with those folks (i.e., Julia Mancuso, etc.) saying something like "see, the vaccines didn't solve the pandemic...thankfully I wasn't a test case for these experimental drugs!"
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that