Page 162 of 929 FirstFirst ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    If you have the time, highly recommend listening to Dr. Crotty discuss natural immunity following COVID-19, 100-fold differences (heterogeneity) in immune responses among the infected, superior vaccine induced immunity vs. natural immunity, viral variants, potential re-infection following natural infection or after vaccination, and the possible need for booster vaccines against variants.

54 minutes damnit !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    no workie
    fixed
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    fixed
    Thanks. Would be important to know how many of those posts are by bots.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    54 minutes damnit !
    I know, but consider it as a vaccine for your attention span.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Poll shows 2/3 of the unvaccinated don't plan to get it. Vaccinated percent looks like it will top out at 70%, probably not high enough for herd immunity given the increased transmissibility of variants.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ve-updates-us/

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    This is how the other half thinks about Covid - a small sampling of comments from the NIH post re: getting vaxxed. They go on and on and on like this:

Attachment 372194
    Attachment 372195
    [sigh...] We're so screwed. I've said for many years, we're dumbing down over time. The gene pool recesses just a bit over every generation as the stupid people procreate at higher rates than the smarter ones, bringing the average level of intelligence down with each family of 11 kids brought in compared to a family of 2 kids.

well one can do other things while listening but since i took the thing why not listen ?

so if as OG sez vaccinated in the USA tops out at 70% how are things liable to look in 1 year, 2 year , 5 year ?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Poll shows 2/3 of the unvaccinated don't plan to get it. Vaccinated percent looks like it will top out at 70%, probably not high enough for herd immunity given the increased transmissibility of variants.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ve-updates-us/
    Although currently about 80% of those over 65 are vaccinated, so maybe that's somewhat promising? I would guess older people are more likely to get vaccinated, though, since they are at higher risk if they get the virus. Something like 70-80% seems like a reasonable expectation to me. It's not ideal, but it could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    [sigh...] We're so screwed. I've said for many years, we're dumbing down over time. The gene pool recesses just a bit over every generation as the stupid people procreate at higher rates than the smarter ones, bringing the average level of intelligence down with each family of 11 kids brought in compared to a family of 2 kids.
    Sounds like the plot of a cult classic movie...

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I don't even know man. Just can't wrap my head around it. Yes people inflate their abilities to understand a complex topic. But also, the world is becoming more complex.
    That is the problem we aren't solving. No matter where you get information you have to trust someone. The best you can do is check the parts you know how to check to make sure you're not being lied to. Learn more and repeat. And hopefully others do the same.

For most people the only tool they have for that is comparing values--usually alleged values. "How could someone be wrong about science if he agrees with my politics?" So the innumerate unite.

We aren't going to fix this by convincing people that their politics are the root of their mistake, either--just taking up that line of reasoning literally reinforces the fallacy that cold, hard facts don't matter. And the majority of people on "both sides" suffer from the same disability, so the conversation devolves and the fallacy is reinforced.

STEM. Yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well one can do other things while listening but since i took the thing why not listen ?

so if as OG sez vaccinated in the USA tops out at 70% how are things liable to look in 1 year, 2 year , 5 year ?
    Check our vax cards at the border? Won't help us, but maybe you. The conspiracy folks here already think the plan is to get us to accept more surveillance (that must be what the masks are for) and "vaccine passports" as the mark of the beast. We need herd immunity without those or we'll never manage it.

I think $2000 tax credits to the vaccinated should do it. Maybe pro-rate it based on vax date after July 1.

J&J couldn't have just made that carrier virus contagious, huh?

Seemed like the last part was the most important, but I got a little distracted by a burrito in the middle and zoned out for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Sounds like the plot of a cult classic movie...
    My theory stands...

"One-standard-deviation increase in childhood general intelligence (15 IQ points) decreases women's odds of parenthood by 21-25%. Because women have a greater impact on the average intelligence of future generations, the dysgenic fertility among women is predicted to lead to a decline in the average intelligence of the population in advanced industrial nations."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25131282/

Now there's a thought. Better yet, attach the spike protein DNA to something nasty, like the genital herpes virus, make everyone who got a covid shot eligible for a genital herpes vaccine, then spray the population with the covid vaccine/herpes virus.

well I have no doubt being vaxxed will affect jobs or where you can travel and anyone who hasnt figured that one out is deluding themselves but mostly politics and bulshit side I was wondering how things will look for the virus, what will it be doing down the line ?

one year ago our shit didn't stink up here while Trump had completely dropped the ball and it looked pretty bad for America so there were a lot of unecessary deaths for sure but right now the per-capita infection rate in Canada is > America's which is pretty bad eh ... we dropped the ball

right now America is ahead on getting the Vax into arms but not every American will get a Vax

I honestly don't know if Canada is any less stupid ?

so i kind of look at Canada & USA as one giant churning cesspool of COVID and wonder where its going ??

My theory stands...

"One-standard-deviation increase in childhood general intelligence (15 IQ points) decreases women's odds of parenthood by 21-25%. Because women have a greater impact on the average intelligence of future generations, the dysgenic fertility among women is predicted to lead to a decline in the average intelligence of the population in advanced industrial nations."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25131282/
    He's been posting references to this movie for a while.
    And been spot on with it.

I suspect the uptake of vaccine will be similar in Canada and US - somewhere around 70%. Just my opinion/prediction. I hope I’m wrong and it’s higher.

Is it important to ask if the politics of the Situ have any relevancy on that figure ?

there is no orange bobble head to worship up here

Canada is not immune to the pandemic of “do your own research” youtube experts/essential oil selling housewives, Trudeau wants a new world order/great reset soapboxers, it’s just the flu wake up/open up “I don’t know anyone who has died of it” denialists.

be an interesting study ^^ are Canadian naturally stupid while Americans accomplish the same ends with help form politics ?

I asked that for a reason.

Here in Montana:

Gov. Greg Gianforte last week hopped on what’s become the latest Republican bandwagon by issuing an executive order banning “vaccine passports.”

But what does that actually mean? What is the actual reach of Gianforte’s edict?

The order prohibits state agencies from requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination to access their facilities or services. OK, he can issue such a directive for executive branch agencies. But does his authority extend beyond that — to the judicial branch, for example? Not likely.

The order says private-sector businesses cannot require proof of vaccination to access their services. But if airlines want to demand passengers show proof of vaccination or recent test results to board their planes, it’s doubtful the governor has any authority to prevent that.

And does the ban on vaccine passports extend to other diseases? Is he suggesting local school boards can no longer require proof of vaccinations preventing polio, measles and whooping cough as a condition of enrollment — as they have for decades? Though exemptions are granted for those with religious objections or health issues, the vast majority of parents have complied with these requirements and cases of those dangerous diseases have fallen dramatically in our schools as a result.

In recent years, a proliferation of exemption requests from antivaxxers has led to outbreaks of whooping cough and measles in local schools. If schools are no longer allowed to demand proof of certain vaccinations, are we ready for a rebound of polio?

Gianforte needs to consider the implications of his order and clarify his intent.

The coronavirus vaccines, which have proven remarkably effective, are our ticket out of this pandemic. People are perfectly free to forego vaccination and accept the risks of doing so. But they may face consequences beyond the possibility of contracting a serious illness, including the loss of access to some services — such as air travel.

So much of the rhetoric arising from the pandemic and the health care community’s response to it has been exaggeration that promotes irrational fear. And these bans on vaccine passports are just another example. Let’s drop the fear-mongering and realize there is sound science behind the development of these vaccines and only minuscule risk associated with them.

They are far and away the best alternative going forward in our battle with the pandemic.

I apologize if this is too political.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I asked that for a reason.

Here in Montana:

I apologize if this is too political.
    What a Moron. Conservative my ass. Taking rights from private businesses to operate as they like. But of course, he’s a bullshit Montanan. California implant.

Actually quite hilarious that all these Montanan supposedly stalwark western “conservatives” are worshipping an asshole California transplant and a fake ass jack ass New Yorker.
    Shows how empty that vessel really always was.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Everything is political, and any solution to help us cross the threshold of herd immunity and put this thing mostly behind us will require political action to overcome the actions of the idiots.
    Also, the action by montana gov is further proof that yet another of the supposed bedrocks of conservative principles, local and personal control of ones domain, should be up to the individual, is not actually a closely held principle at all. Only used when convenient for them. There. Now this thread is political. Time to move it eh?

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    <snip> he’s a bullshit Montanan. California implant.
    Errr... NY/NJ, methinks.

Greg Gianfuckface is from NJ I believe. The state that regrettably gave the world Jon Bon Jovi and Chris Christie had an encore up it's sleeve.