Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Scammers List. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE

Sick Rick.
    Explanation can be found here.

jessejones

endlesswntr

This thread will continue to be updated to maintain the integrity of gearswap.
    Last edited by givebackbloom; 05-13-2008 at 12:17 PM.

I'd be clear the the jury is very much still out on BigPetey! It's possible he was the one getting screwed over, not the other way around (see corresponding thread). So don't write him off just yet.

Yeah dont help spreading rumors or anything. Starting a thread about someone who scammed you is one thing, but a thread about other people that may or may not have scammed is a little ridiculous.

If someone scams you for sure...lynch the fuck. But stay out of it if you dont really know the details.

Buyer/seller beware, as always. Keep it simple.
    Decisions Decisions

Disagree

Don't agree Big Petey should be on the list. What about the guy Country something last month that kept upping his prices after he had sales.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Make it easy on yourself:

-Don't buy from a JONG that no one knows or will vouch for.

-Don't sell to JONGS on a maggot deal basis, they're not maggots.

-Don't be so eager for a good deal that you put aside your usual common sense.

-If you can afford to do it, put up a "No JONGS" sale, always let contributing mags have the first shot at the goods.

-Test out newbs with face to face cash deals, where the goods can be carefully inspected by both parties and there are no misunderstandings.

-Clearly and fairly describe the condition of what is being sold, with pics.

-Don't pass off crappy gear as anything else than what it is.

-Pay promptly.

-Ship quickly.

-Never let a bad deal stay sour for weeks, say something. While you are being strung along a scammer is getting more mags on the hook.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by sloskier View Post
    Don't agree Big Petey should be on the list. What about the guy Country something last month that kept upping his prices after he had sales.

SunCuntry
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    Make it easy on yourself:

-Don't buy from a JONG that no one knows or will vouch for.

-Don't sell to JONGS on a maggot deal basis, they're not maggots.

-Don't be so eager for a good deal that you put aside your usual common sense.

-If you can afford to do it, put up a "No JONGS" sale, always let contributing mags have the first shot at the goods.

-Test out newbs with face to face cash deals, where the goods can be carefully inspected by both parties and there are no misunderstandings.

-Clearly and fairly describe the condition of what is being sold, with pics.

-Don't pass off crappy gear as anything else than what it is.

-Pay promptly.

-Ship quickly.

-Never let a bad deal stay sour for weeks, say something. While you are being strung along a scammer is getting more mags on the hook.

Good list bklyn -- I'll add:

-Communicate promptly during the entire transaction -- for both buyer & seller --

-Low-post-count JONGs are more safe to deal with if someone who's been around awhile vouches for them -- the community runs on trust

as for the list, wouldn't it be beneficial to include their real name? Since it's fairly easy to register multiple names, saying don't sell/buy with "sickrick" doesn't mean much.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    that is a great idea

Real names and cities are needed to avoid aliases coming back, GBB.

and 3rd the No Jongs rule, or jongs pay/ship first.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Not picking sides here, but this was posted in another thread and was in danger of being deleted....

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetey05 View Post
    you guys don't know the story.

so this guy cito sends me out two k2 seths in feb. he tells me one is brand new, and the other one is used I think he said for a day? he tells me not to pay and he'll send them out, and if i like them I can keep them and than send him money .

The sticks come, and they are in great condition. the used one had minor damage to the edge but was obvious used for more than a day, i tell him i rather keep the brand new one and just send back the used one.

he tells me now that since i want to return the used one he has to charge me more money for the new one. i knew that this was pretty screwed up because we had agreed on a price for each ski before he sent them out. so i try to make him and myself happy and we agree on a different price.

i tell him i can send him money though paypal, but he said to send him a check to save on paypal fees or whatever. so i send out a check, and two weeks later he tells me he hasn't received it and that he is worried. he now saids he wants 50 dollars extra for the inconvenience.

i try my hardest not to blow up, and we work things out. i send him out another check....two weeks later he messages me and says the damn same fucking thing. i tell him that i can pay through paypal, he tells me thats fine but he wants like an additional ridiculous amount of money. i tell him no, thats not fair. he basically tells me i can either pay him his requested amount of money, or return the ski's. thankfully i didn't use the ski's and tell him i will ship him out the ski's in the morning.

the next morning, i get another message from him, he tells me now not to return the ski's, and that he is going through and suing me. at this point i know the guy is probably crazy, and will sue me. i go get some consulting done with my attorney. so as i am spending money on my attorney, and waiting for his process server to serve me, he messages me again and tells me more weird stories.

i don't scam people, and i think have done at least 40 different transactions with different people on this board and never once have i had a problem.

this guy is a nut case, and tells me to look up his name on the web. his name did pop up, and it turns out he pleaded guilty to conspiracy of stealing 4.2 million dollars or some shit like that back in 2002.

i don't know how many times i tryed to make this right with the guy. i have dealt with some many people on this board, and i think the only problem besides this one i had was with drenchman, and that was cause he forgot to mention a chip on his mantras.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    Not picking sides here, but this was posted in another thread and was in danger of being deleted....
    It appears as if it has (unfortunately, IMO) been deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Someone who needs to involve an attorney in a gear swap sale and doesn't give the collective the heads up is not a Mag and quite a douche.

I don't care if "BigPetey" scammed or not. the fact he is involved in some shit show with lawyers and such is enough of a red flag for me to not deal with the guy. Be smart people if it sounds to good to be true or smell like a bunch of bullshit, it probably is.

advres Guest
    I think this thread is stupid... Anyone can post someones name and ruin it just for the fuck of it. I think individual call out threads are better than a mass one, specially when you add people that all of the facts haven't come out on (BigPetey05).

I am planning on deleting the thread but I want yays/nays from the collective before I do it. Let's here it.

There should be an arbitration process put in place. If a party is perceived as being screwed then both sides present their cases and let the mags decide.

YAY

The thread's sort of worthless, but boo on the mod deleting it. GBB can delete it, or it'll sink into the nether on its own....

(eh, daniel?)
    Last edited by focus; 05-13-2008 at 09:43 AM.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by focus View Post
    The thread's sort of worthless, but boo on the mod deleting it. GBB can delete it, or it'll sink into the nether on its own....

(eh, daniel?)
    That's why I asked... I am getting opinions from the mags. But, point taken.

The only reason I thought I should, is because there is no reason to have someones name up there if it hasn't been proved he/she is a scumbag. Hell GBB could through my user name up there just for shits & giggles if he wanted to. That's why I thought the thread has no place.

I'm for the thread, but only solidly confirmed cases i.e Jesse Jones!

As for Bigpetey05, Jury is still out but definitly something to be aware of.

I would like to see situations like the most recent ones stickied right away so people dont excacerbate the soap opera and pad their post counts just to keep a thread going (Im not claiming no guilt there either) Leave the people involved or who have valuble and relative info to post have the option to do so in a thread that is easy for people to find when considering engaging in gearswap.

Then someone looking for valuble info doesnt have to look through 60 pages of shit. And if the matter is resolved, the resolution can be posted and the thread can be unstickied?

Am I making sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    what happened to Shadam this year? Usually by now he is posting drinking reports daily.

Quote Originally Posted by advres
    Hell GBB could through my user name up there just for shits & giggles if he wanted to.
    Sure he could, but it doesn't really mean anything.

Take bigpetey, nobody knows for sure if he's a scumbag, but everybody knows for sure that he's kind of an idiot. If GBB links to the appropriate thread to back it up, the potential buyer/seller can draw their own conclusions. If GBB doesn't back it up, why would you take him seriously? He doesn't have that much cred.

That said, it should be noted that:
    - in the conflict in question for bigpetey he was the buyer, not the seller.
    - Endlesswntr and sick rick were douchebags and flakes, but not really scammers.
    - Without real names and addresses, the list is pretty worthless. (It's pretty worthless with, too)
    - If you're too lazy to do a search on some JONG buyer/seller before doing business with them, and you don't protect yourself, you're kind of asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckin eh? View Post

Then someone looking for valuble info doesnt have to look through 60 pages of shit. And if the matter is resolved, the resolution can be posted and the thread can be unstickied?

Am I making sense?
    No. What valuable info is hidden in that thread? The part where his name is Jesse Jones? Or the part that he's a scammer? Maybe the part that his name is Jesse Jones?
    Last edited by focus; 05-13-2008 at 10:08 AM.

advres Guest
    How about we say fuck this negative shit and post a stoke thread?!?!

A "These mags are top notch sellers/buyers. Feel free to do business with them" or a "preferred seller/buyer" thread? And it will be the communities job to stick to it. If you buy/sell something from someone for a good price, the transaction went through perfect, etc. throw them some stoke in that thread.

I think that would be more beneficial than all this stuff about people when we can't get the whole/true story from either parties.

^^ That's a much better sticky.

I like that. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    The only reason I thought I should, is because there is no reason to have someones name up there if it hasn't been proved he/she is a scumbag. Hell GBB could through my user name up there just for shits & giggles if he wanted to. That's why I thought the thread has no place.
    That's definitely a good point.
    But, on the flip side, I see some value to having a simple, concise list of scumbags stickied to the top. Just need to be careful to make sure only the people that truly deserve to be on it, are on it. Not quite sure how to control that.
    The sick rick and jessejones cases appear to be pretty clear cut, and should be here. bigpetey05 vs. cito, not so much... should be left out for now IMO. Endlesswntr, from the last post in the relevant thread, appears to be a tool but maybe not a scammer.

advres is a shitty scammer seller

I'd delete the thread- it can get bumped/whatever on its own merits, but those people listed are still in the thread whether they have any business being listed a scammer or not. Which sucks for them and anyone who theyd potentially do business with. If youre going to deal with someone, do 5 seconds of diligence and see if there have been problems in the past.
    Decisions Decisions