Page 1566 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 ... LastLast
Results 39,126 to 39,150 of 46042
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Or pending trail work, but that doesn't make a lot of sense on an unmaintained trail. That is an awful lot of flagging to have put the effort into putting up, though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Not a race nor official trail work. A person on a local hiking forum has taken it upon themselves to raise awareness of unmaintained trails and flags the piss out of them, writes a trip report then moves on to the next trail. I've got no problem with a bit of flagging for crucial route finding but no one goes into the woods to look at pink flags every 10-20 yards for the duration of their hike. Especially when the original trail bed is still clearly visible.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Unnecessary flagging usage. I was in an unmaintained FS trail near my house and pulled this down in about 4 miles. There were multiple places where standing in the trail looking forward I could see 4-5 pieces as well as an easily observed trail bed.
    Someone's gonna be pissed at you.

Sitting on a plane at my gate waiting for the lightning to stop so we can deplane…..90 minutes in and still sitting…and I have a shit brewing that I would really like to address in the terminal bathroom.

Not a race nor official trail work. A person on a local hiking forum has taken it upon themselves to raise awareness of unmaintained trails and flags the piss out of them, writes a trip report then moves on to the next trail. I've got no problem with a bit of flagging for crucial route finding but no one goes into the woods to look at pink flags every 10-20 yards for the duration of their hike. Especially when the original trail bed is still clearly visible.
    Yeah, that's a WTAF situation. Heck, some of us enjoy trails that require a little effort to follow, although it sounds like this isn't even that case.

Today's annoyance: catch up with couple on a Harley on a two lane state highway, they're doing about three-to-five over, on a long straight with a dashed center line and no oncoming traffic. Ok, I'd try to go a smidge faster on a Sunday night, but I'm not inclined to go for a pass.

What do they do once there's oncoming traffic? You guessed it, slow to four under, even on a similar straight.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Rule: ABP
    Always be passing.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

That's some serious douchery on his part--the flagging and the trip report-- and a job well done on yours.

They can just go fuck right off. Karen of the woods.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That's some serious douchery on his part--the flagging and the trip report-- and a job well done on yours.
    Why did you assume it was a male? Out of curiosity.

What really annoys me is that there are so many people that are annoyed, and they can't admit it, and c'mon, try to get on with what we are trying to do- so miserably impossible for your sorry ass in your bent shape; and most importantly, they harbor their annoyances! That is annoying.

Why? Too little time in this world for your little bag of angst, brosef/brasef.

Let it go, turn the page, a day/month/year from now and you won't even care. Move on. RRGG. om. We are all trying to get shit done here.

Does unmaintained == closed?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Maybe directed at me?

I have to browse/post from my phone, since work computer is blocked from anything not work related. Copying, pasting, then reformatting text on the phone is annoying, so I often don’t reformat, and you get to see copied black text on a dark blue background.
    I see many posts like that and now that I know there is actually a reason and somebody is not doing it on purpose, I am much less annoyed. Thanks for the explanation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9894.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	424632

What the fuck. It’s August.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9894.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	424632

What the fuck. It’s August.
    Communist!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Really? Things are getting out of hand. The daily graphic detail of bodily functions in TV and Internet ads is kinda gross. Normalizing is fine. People shouldn't feel stigmatized about these things but do we really need to have it discussed constantly?

Name:  MVPee.png
Views: 324
Size:  500.5 KB

/rant
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Why did you assume it was a male? Out of curiosity.
    Because it's a version of mansplaining. . And most women I see on the trail are either hauling ass way too fast to tie ribbons, or too busy chattering with each other to do it. How's that for stereotyping?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Because it's a version of mansplaining. . And most women I see on the trail are either hauling ass way too fast to tie ribbons, or too busy chattering with each other to do it. How's that for stereotyping?
    There it is.

They could be trans.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

My daughter that just turned 10 learned that Santa isn't real today by watching a tiktok vid of a girl crying when she found out.

Fuck off
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

I’m on a mission to tell every child I know the truth about Santa

some of my friends know me as “No Santa Mike”

fuck Christmas - just fuck it right off
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    That Santa is the modern incarnation of ancient pagan mythology originally derived from psychedelic mushroom cults? FKNA, preach.

I bet she feels stupid Booner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That Santa is the modern incarnation of ancient pagan mythology originally derived from psychedelic mushroom cults? FKNA, preach.
    Fuck this MAGA cult shit... how does one get involved with a psychedelic mushroom cult?

Asking for a friend.

Headed into the city for some touristy fun. Feeling pretty good about myself, wearing a really nice shirt I haven't fit into for years.

Went to the St Lawrence market, spent a solid couple hours buying over priced meats and cheeses. Had an awesome meatball sandwich at Mustachio's. Headed over to my favourite brewery for some cans to go.

Get in my car and realize my fly's been wide ass open all that time.

Apologies to the roughly 5,000 people I walked by today lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post

some of my friends know me as “No Santa Mike”

fuck Christmas - just fuck it right off
    That's some bullshit right there. I don't like Christmas either, but at least I recognize to some it's a magical time of year. Shit, I put up lights and everything, strictly for the sake of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Headed into the city for some touristy fun. Feeling pretty good about myself, wearing a really nice shirt I haven't fit into for years.
    Nice work... Tubby.