Page 1395 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 ... LastLast
Results 34,851 to 34,875 of 46049
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Universal health care is needed.
    The most valid post you’ve ever made here

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

For the third summer our AC wasn’t keeping up. Past two summers we had a company do a service and diagnostic and both times they said we were undersized and needed better attic ventilation. Figured global warming, etc, so supplemented with a window unit rather than spending a fortune on a bigger unit or second system.

We’ve been working with a different company recently on the other house that’s been really good. I was gonna have the guy assess our needs and finally upgrade as necessary. He asked a bunch of questions and suggested a thorough diagnostic and service first. Tech is here ten minutes and tells me the air handler wasn’t properly configured, and oh, you’re down about half the coolant you need. He fixed the problems and it’s keeping up no problem now.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Why bother having insurance if you don’t use it?
    Cuz I'm on a shitty ultra high deductible plan. All we can afford. Our medical needs are so rare that it's made the most sense. We use our HSA for routine things. So why do we have insurance if we "don't use it?" For when SHTF and one one us gets ass cancer, gets in a car crash, whatever. Other than that, modern insurance is such a freaking racket. Another thing that annoys me? Pre-ACA, at least my high deductible same shitty BCBS coverage was a fraction the cost per month of what it is these days. I used to pay like $50/month. But that's a rant for another day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    if youre paying cash why does it matter if its in or out on network?
    MF is, apparently, going to a place that accepts his insurance but choosing not to use it, so in/out of network is quite relevant. I still find it hard to believe that the cash discount is better than the insurance co's negotiated discounts/allowed amounts at in-network providers, but, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Another thing that annoys me? Pre-ACA, at least my high deductible same shitty BCBS coverage was a fraction the cost per month of what it is these days. I used to pay like $50/month. But that's a rant for another day.
    Surely you can think of a few reasons why this is.

we once wrote ASSHOLE in pink zinca on a buddy’s back while he was passed out on the beach

he got a nasty burn and had ASSHOLE on his back for months before the sun sorta blended it in
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

When I was a kid we were on a Lake Michigan beach on a summer camp canoe trip near a couple of guys in MC club gear and their girlfriends. One of the guys passed out and the other 3 spent the afternoon pissing on him and covering him in mustard. Which I did not write about in the weekly mandatory letter to my parents.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    ...I still find it hard to believe that the cash discount is better than the insurance co's negotiated discounts/allowed amounts at in-network providers, but, whatever.
    Depends. The kids and I are on a health share program, because our most affordable option through ACA was $1900/mo for two policies, which meant two deductibles. We pay about $675/mo now. They don't have to cover everything, like pre-existing conditions, but have been very good about reimbursing our medical costs.

Baby Z got tubes put in her ears; hospital bill was $28k. Just insane markups, after I had already called and asked for estimates from every department before the surgery. Our hospital megalomart, Centura, offers a 40% discount if you pay at the time of service. 40%. After other discounts we negotiated ourselves, total cost was $10,300. Best my previous insurance provider ever managed for us was 20%; most of the time it was closer to 10%. The downside: you gotta pay up front. The upside of that: we got 2% cash back on our credit card, so it helps a ton.

It's definitely not for everyone, but our medical costs are pretty minimal now that the kids are out of diapers (and not breaking their damn collar bones; each of them before age 3!) and we're very fortunate to be able to pay up front. It hurts some months, but we've managed to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    That’s fucked up. We just drew dicks on people’s faces with permanent marker. Got a buddy we still call Dick Face George because he spent a good portion of the following day walking around not realizing his face was covered with dicks.
    Name:  sharpie-tuxedo.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  37.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    <snip>
    Surely you can think of a few reasons why this is.
    'Cause of that Obama character...

I'm going to keep voting for Republitards and Libuhrterrians 'cause they'll fix healthcare with teh FREE MARKIT!!

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Name:  sharpie-tuxedo.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  37.7 KB
    Oh dang. Mr. Mistopheles is looking quite dapper.

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    pics or gtfo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4024.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	380991
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

'Cause of that Obama character...

I'm going to keep voting for Republitards and Libuhrterrians 'cause they'll fix healthcare with teh FREE MARKIT!!

Lol. Perhaps you failed to look at the links I posted earlier showing how BCBS spent a butt ton more on Dems including Biden (like 4x more) and like $30MM on DC lobbying. But SURE! We can sure count on our Democratic leadership to help fix the industry!

Yes. Republicans are completely teh suck on this matter, but you're a damned fool if you think the Dems are any different with all the DC cronyism going on.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The most valid post you’ve ever made here

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Heh

I know we disagree an things.

But I’m actually edumacated.

And smart enough to realize healthcare is broken.

It goes against my libertarian principles. But people need care. And I care about people.

National healthcare will be a bloated Bureaucracy.

But not having healthcare is evil.
    The poor get too much.
    The rich pay too much for shitty coverage
    The middle skates along with no insurance hoping they don’t get hurt or sick.
    . . .

Heh

It goes against my libertarian principles. But people need care. And I care about people.

The poor get too much.
    I'm really curious what you think is "too much".
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'm really curious what you think is "too much".
    I could have phrased that better.
    Not too much healthcare for poor. Everyone needs health care.

But zero deductible.

Even if it’s five bucks. Talk to any ER doc about free healthcare and people waiting three hours for Advil. And clogging the ED for bullshit.

Private insurance went to $500 copay for ER years ago. Now normal people go to a clinic instead. There needs to be some incentives to self diagnose

But $500 copay for working stiffs is bullshit. When you’re sick you shouldn’t fear the Bill.
    . . .

Heh

The poor get too much.
    I'm kind of the same mindset. I WANT to go the way of some European models, but I fear (and know with 100% certainty) that our political leaders completely lack the balls to tell the insurance companies, big pharmaceutical companies, lawyers, and the medical industry at large to go get fkd. We are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far down this path to affordably pull off universal healthcare without completely nuking the system, hitting the reset button, and starting over without the lobbyists and lawyers getting in the mix. Just ain't gonna happen. None of our leaders are willing to do what needs to be done. Including the Democrats. They are very much part of the same whack machine. How we do things currently is utter insanity, though. How did everything get so bad? Although technology has steadily improved over the decades, there's been a complete inverse line of bullshit we all have to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    How did everything get so bad?.
    Well, it all started with Nixon...

Well, it all started with Nixon...
    Really? I mean, I don't know that much about the Nixon presidency aside from the scandal that got him canned, BUT I did find this about his stance on healthcare:
    Lessons on Universal Coverage from an Unexpected Advocate: Richard Nixon
    https://www.commonwealthfund.org/blo...-richard-nixon

Well, it all started with whacking JFK, installing Ladybirds husband, then the fascist pirate Nixon...
    FIFY??
    . . .

It started with Eisenhower’s Military Industrial Complex speech which was a wake-up call warning the dangers of undue influence on government left unheeded.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    It started with Eisenhower’s Military Industrial Complex speech which was a wake-up call warning the dangers of undue influence on government left unheeded.

I was actually thinking of that, but decided to start with JFK.

Anyone who hasn’t watched that farewell speech should.

I never liked Ike.
    Before my time.
    General turned prez.

But when I saw that speech many years ago, I gained respect for him. I like Ike now.
    . . .

Damn.
    Just when I was about to write CS off completely, he comes up with something like this.

But you're still on probation, buddy, so watch it.

Double secret probation.

It’s late on the thread but I gotta throw my hat in with MF on the cash vs insurance thing.

I used to be on a high-deductible catastrophic plan. I went to the doc maybe 2x/year if that so the risk of ever hitting my deductible was negligible.

After a couple times of getting charged the “Negotiated Rate” of ~$350 for a visit, with a 0% deduction (again due to not hitting the deductible) , I started asking for cash prices. Most of the time is was around $100.

2020-2021
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism