AK Trip End April?

I may have a work trip opportunity to position myself in Anchorage April 18-21st ish. Some quick research on the google turned up Aleyeska still being open then depending on conditions. What's it typically like there near closing day? Still winter-ish? Is this even a good idea to put the effort into trying to pull off skiing before the workweek and flying in early (hotel costs for early fly in out of my own pocket).

Skied AK once before (Ski Land!!!). Looking to get on something a little bigger out there (lol).

Other parts of this plan may involve a stop in Seattle or Portland to try and catch some end of season skiing there before heading to AK, if I can make my frequent flyer miles cooperate with my work paid for portion of airline tix. Also looking for similar advice on skiing WA or OR this time of year (resort wise, always wanted to ski Bachelor/Hood/Crystal/Baker etc).

Looking for any advice/thoughts on plan/is this a good idea/etc. Strong skier, could possibly do this with my touring setup if need be.

Will probably be closing out my season with this trip unless I go for a Tuckermans Ravine move in May.

Thanks

That is nearly the end of the season in AK. Lift access will be meh. Touring in the Chugach is definitely good then if you have gear Heli operations may have open bookings that late. Start saving $$$

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    That is nearly the end of the season in AK. Lift access will be meh. Touring in the Chugach is definitely good then if you have gear Heli operations may have open bookings that late. Start saving $$$
    I should also say that the overall snow quality is less of a concern than experiencing these places. Not sure when/if I'd get a chance to return. Don't mind corn snow, but don't want to go through a whole major planning thing to ski a bacon strip at a resort. Not sure what the snowpack usually looks like in resort at that time?

In terms of touring in the Chugach, what would be the best/easiest plan to get some fun/safe skiing in quickly in a short time window. Would rather not be going into something like that solo first time.

Turnagain Pass will keep you occupied for days. It is like 100 tuckermans. Short drive from Anchorage. Go to Seward while you are in town. Good times.

AK Trip End April?

It’s Alaska.

Nobody knows what conditions will be like next week, let alone the end of April.

There will be snow and it will be light out really late.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Turnagain Pass will keep you occupied for days. It is like 100 tuckermans. Short drive from Anchorage. Go to Seward while you are in town. Good times.
    Really? Wow.

Could be this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EE3455C7-6E7D-4002-ABA4-D34C0C1A6FB8.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	741.1 KB 
ID:	269802

Or

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	156F228E-443D-4F53-8990-64AC35D36D2B.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	685.4 KB