Page 694 of 891 FirstFirst ... 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 ... LastLast
Results 17,326 to 17,350 of 22263
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Great pictures of your hike up a locally iconic peak. Did you get caught in the mid-afternoon storm yesterday?
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Nice walk up the Sphinx today.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Great pictures of your hike up a locally iconic peak. Did you get caught in the mid-afternoon storm yesterday?
    We had some sprinkles on the way up with heavy wind, super calm while on the summit with no rain, and then it blew in hard and hail/lightning on the way back down about 500 feet below the top. Group behind us was heading up during the storm stupidly. They caught us again on the way down and said they could "feel the electricity" when they were on top. Dummies.

Didn’t expect this view when we got to the top. It sucks but if Helena gets any snow this season it should make for some fun skiing off the front. The firefighters were dope.

^^^damn!

Does anyone know a concrete guy what would look at a foundation in Big Timber? Maybe someone Livingston based? I've made a few calls. Week before Labor Day.....not having high hopes. Thanks.

Anybody else who skis Crosscut/receives their email find their latest campaign more than a little distasteful? Their founder died in a decidedly tragic way less than two month ago and now they're monetizing it. Giving me a fucking break.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Hmmm… I checked out the Facebook page and saw the “Love Crosscut” fund and it doesn’t seem that slimey. People have gofund me shit for everything now, which I do find annoying in general.

Crosscut has decent beginner mountain bike terrain for free, so they can’t be thaaaat bad.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Agreed. Doesn't seem distasteful at all. Plus, Crosscut's an amazing asset to our community. Go get that money.

Also, if you're feeling any negativity towards them - come check out (or, better yet, volunteer) at what should be Montana's largest every NICA race there this weekend. Guarantee it'll put a smile on your face.

Huge shoutout to local Bozeman BHS/MSU player Lance McCutcheon who made the final cut as an undrafted free agent wide receiver for the Rams.

The chances of a undrafted FCS skill position player from Montana making the defending super bowl squad are like winning the lottery and getting hit by lightning at the same time.

Heard a 100% unsubstantiated rumor today. A resort development company out of Dubai has bought a shit ton of land west of Big Sky for another ski area?

Fan? Bullshit?

Who the fuque knows?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Private jet strip on the Madison side, access up Jack Creek, that would peel some money away from CHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Heard a 100% unsubstantiated rumor today. A resort development company out of Dubai has bought a shit ton of land west of Big Sky for another ski area?
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Private jet strip on the Madison side, access up Jack Creek, that would peel some money away from CHC.
    Fkn nightmare fuel.
    swing your fucking sword.

Can't wait to ride the Fan Tram.

Is that the tram that will permit access to the Peak to Peak gondola from Fan to Lone Peak? It might be time to set up a TGR REIT to snap up land parcels in Ennis and Norris with potable water.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Can't wait to ride the Fan Tram.

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Is that the tram that will permit access to the Peak to Peak gondola from Fan to Lone Peak?
    Zipline or GTFO
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

There’s not much land available for development in this area, and sadly, Fan Mountain is quite an outpost of forest service land surrounded by private ranches.

What you might be referring to is the Crazy Mountains land swap, which netted the YC about 500 acres on a nearby ridge that they built a gondola on. Or maybe are currently building?

Here’s the swap story: https://www.ypradio.org/environment-...ains?_amp=true

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not really sure where they could actually do it. Everything skiable is USFS and much of it in Lee Metcalf Wilderness.

I think the guy relating the story has somehow gotten the O&O mixed up as being a part of a ski development.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 08-31-2022 at 07:55 AM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

O & O is supposed to make the Montage look like a beater ski dorm and will have a gondola to permit guest access to the Madison Base. Good thing the Six Shooter never has any waiting lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I think the guy relating the story has somehow gotten the O&O mixed up as being a part of a ski development.

Maybe some of you who are more plugged into the Big Sky scene can explain to me why billionaires have such a boner for Big Sky? Is it the remoteness? I grew up outside of Aspen and at least they have a night life, good food and some culture. But Big Sky? I don't get it...

I grew up outside of Aspen and at least they have a night life, good food and some culture. But Big Sky? I don't get it...
    Neither do I. The cachet was probably originally driven by the Y/C.

Big Sky has decent skiing 6 out of 10 years but beyond that the food scene is mediocre, night life? Whats that? and culture?

O & O is supposed to make the Montage look like a beater ski dorm and will have a gondola to permit guest access to the Madison Base. Good thing the Six Shooter never has any waiting lines.
    Gotta ride that Ganja-dola both ways, no ski in or out. From what I saw of the construction before I walked away, it was not anything really special and the location is all wetlands. Its construction may drive Moonlight to finally build out their lift infrastructure and snow making.

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    Maybe some of you who are more plugged into the Big Sky scene can explain to me why billionaires have such a boner for Big Sky? Is it the remoteness? I grew up outside of Aspen and at least they have a night life, good food and some culture. But Big Sky? I don't get it...
    Billionaires that hate people, perhaps?

The whales up in the club have other homes for nightlife, food and culture. These homes are for getting away from the hoi polloi and sheltering/laundering money.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    They, uh, that basically exists.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Is YC building hangars there?