Page 910 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 ... LastLast
Results 22,726 to 22,750 of 27076
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Haha, we had it custom built last summer. Had a shit contractor though, and it leaks like a sieve. It was built with interlocking, snap together decking boards that are supposed to create a waterproof ceiling for the dried in, concrete walled space underneath. But our guy was a hack, and didn’t do them right. We are already 50-60k into it. Just hoping someone can fix the leaks without actually having to tear down and rebuild. It’s way more than a few tubes of caulk.
    I thought we should have taken the guy to small claims last year, but he (was) one of my wife’s clients, small town, blah, blah…
    Have you tried Flex Seal? Liquid rubber in a can, it's got to be good.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hah, flat roof in snow country. Anyone remember this?

Attachment 424722
    Bears replace Ditka?? How foolish.

"Klan leader blasts judge"

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post

Yeah, but doesn't blocking no. 2 constitute cruel and unusual punishment?

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    The reality is a flat surface over dried in space is going to leak in a Jackson Hole environment. Definitely not for 50k. But they are none the less all the rage.

At least you didn’t spend 5 million for a flat roof modern joint New West is throwing up everywhere. Those all leak too.
    Well, most of it has a very non-flat roof. And it was supposed to be built with a 2 degree downslope, they failed on that.. what’s the statute of limitations on contractor fuck-ups?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I assume you have some sort of contract? Your recourse would be outlined there. I'd be very surprised if it was longer than 6 months to a year, and decks might be excluded.
    Live Free or Die

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    When I did property management in the YC my boss refused to take any clients with flat roofs. So stupid unless you are in AZ or something.

Well, most of it has a very non-flat roof. And it was supposed to be built with a 2 degree downslope, they failed on that.. what’s the statute of limitations on contractor fuck-ups?
    about a month and half or as long as it takes them to close up shop rebrand and start over again

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Yeah, but doesn't blocking no. 2 constitute cruel and unusual punishment?
    Not if it’s done via fondue party

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Not if it’s done via fondue party
    Am I going to need to look this up on Urban Dictionary? 'Cause I don't wanna do that.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Am I going to need to look this up on Urban Dictionary? 'Cause I don't wanna do that.
    Just head over to the nearest Melting Pot location and in 24-48 hours you’ll have a clearer understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Just head over to the nearest Melting Pot location and in 24-48 hours you’ll have a clearer understanding.
    I have a Melting Pot about 4 miles down the road... not sure, at this point, I want to know what all this is about.

I googled it
    now I am clearing my browzing history
    and now I know things I don't really want or need to know

Ah shit. I meant the Melting Pot kind not whatever internet shit got Fred on some watch list.

At this point I'm torn between wondering what Fred saw and thinking it's better if I never know.

we had a typwriter (the ELT) which we called the FRED

which was an acronym for Fucking Ridiculous Electronic Device

It was piece of shit that would blow itself into pieces of plastic
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

thanks for the laughs gentlmen
    needed that after wanting to punch an electircian in the face at 630 on a thrusday evening

where and why people come up with the things they do in life to get off we are all very unique people in each of our own ways

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    When I did property management in the YC my boss refused to take any clients with flat roofs. So stupid unless you are in AZ or something.
    Or New Mexico, and we get snow. It’s a thing here, and roof repair outfits do not lack business.
    Name:  1866F4D8-D918-47C3-9831-95766DC9DF87.jpeg
Views: 781
Size:  460.2 KB

Picture of downtown Santa Fe, stolen.

https://wiki.theclm.org/wiki/441

A while. Regardless of what the contract says, you may have recourse. I’m no attorney. #thanksregulation

Depends on the state and most contracts you should sign say "as allowable by jurisdiction of the project". Your neighbor to the west allows six years. Not sure for WY. And a lot of times the contracts favors the prime so it may depend on what you signed unless you have a high dollar attorney. If it's leaking, I'd try to find damage from leakage outside the contractors work and file an insurance claim. The adjusters will assign fault which sets precedence for faulty work. That is if your contractor carried appropriate insurance. The claim will most likely have a "your work" exclusion so it won't pay for the deck but at least if you sue, you'll have expert witnesses pointing a finger and you didn't have to pay for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    where and why people come up with the things they do in life to get off we are all very unique people in each of our own ways
    Friday morning dose of wisdom right there.

Sounds like we don’t have any recourse with the ‘contractor’, as we fired him when it was clear he was incompetent. We hired someone else to finish up some aspects, (and withheld that amount from the original ‘contractor’) but we didn’t know about the leaking until much later.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post

Fuckin Ditka got replaced by a coordinator!?

Dammit

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sounds like we don’t have any recourse with the ‘contractor’, as we fired him when it was clear he was incompetent. We hired someone else to finish up some aspects, (and withheld that amount from the original ‘contractor’) but we didn’t know about the leaking until much later.
    Vibes. Sorta sounds like a "how to to hire a contractor". These "deck over live space" projects are very popular. I'd say the are the most frequently fucked up assembly, even more that shower pans.

What was the scope of work? Was is engineered or design/build? There are lots of flat roof designs that work but they are not cheap or easy. Its amazing how many property owners want to half ass things. You start writing, "homeowner designed non-engineered repair" and "no warranty of suitability" into the contract and people start back stepping.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Or New Mexico, and we get snow. It’s a thing here, and roof repair outfits do not lack business.
    Name:  1866F4D8-D918-47C3-9831-95766DC9DF87.jpeg
Views: 781
Size:  460.2 KB

Picture of downtown Santa Fe, stolen.
    Yup, the flat roofs on Adobe style homes is the only time, imo, a flat roof should be used. It's the architecture of those homes. We put a small flat side roof on a house in TSV that was not an Adobe style and I was just shaking my head the whole time. It's so normal in NM nobody thinks to do otherwise in certain instances. Good grief