Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Blitzed: Drugs in the third reich

Great book by Norman Ohler. Read it today, couldn’t put it down. I wasn’t aware the extent to which meth & speedballs were the very architecture behind the nazi war machine.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

I saw a recent TV documentary on this topic and it was fascinating. On History Channel or Smithsonian channel.

All drugged up and able to stay focused to battle for days on end. Once the Reich figured out it was a problem, they had a bunch of addicts for troops. They cut the pick supply down, then the troops had to beg their families to send pills to them on the front line.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

French were all lax n drunk as oppo was a 2-3 day trek away…Germs made it in a day. Surprise!

Hope the current Cultists aren't tweakers.

Yea, History Channel covered this, kinda nuts. But nuts doesn't begin to describe the nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Hope the current Cultists aren't tweakers.
    Well, look where the facists are coming from in US
    then compare

The ten states with the most meth-related seizures are:

Michigan (220)
    New York (220)
    Indiana (144)
    Illinois (129)
    North Carolina (127)
    California (114)
    Pennsylvania (105)
    Tennessee (102)
    Ohio (60)
    Florida (59)

Hope isnt much to go on

Blitzkreig Bop!

And an even bigger cultural influence in Rock and Roll: Because of this phenomenon, that the Allies soon found out about from prisoners (you want to try some of my pills, interpreter?), is that this pretty much led almost directly to Elvis's drug addiction. He was pretty much a straight arrow when he got sent to Germany, but they were feeding all those kids in the tank division, where he was Sarge Elvis, little black pills, the new weapon of war. He comes home with a taste for Dex, mommy dies, he gets sad, and the rest is history when he finds the right doctor.

The Japanese were buzzed, too.

https://www.zocalopublicsquare.org/2...n/ideas/essay/

David Nutt talks about this in the interview he did with Peter Attia last November: https://peterattiamd.com/davidnutt/

The Allies also were handing out amphetamines like candy, but using amphetamine sulfate instead of methamphetamine which was preferred by the Germans and Japanese. The effects of the two drugs are identical except meth lasts twice as long, 12 hours instead of 6 hours. So, when the Allied soldiers would get back from missions the drugs had worn off and they'd get some sleep, but the German and Japanese soldiers were still spun up for hours and ended up chronically sleep-deprived. Choice of stimulants probably played a non-insignificant role in the outcome of the war.

Yeah, the Germans ran out of tanks and planes, the Japanese, planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, the Germans ran out of tanks and planes, the Japanese, planes.
    ... but they should've been able to churn tanks and planes out prodigiously, bein' all stimulated and all.

Not after we destroyed their factories, and a lot of the skilled workers died on the Eastern front, while ours were protected by an ocean. Oh, and, cutting off oil to the Japanese helped, too.

OFFS, Benny, get a sense of humor.

War is Hell, son.

Besides, most of the factories near and at the end was slave labor, usually captured soldiers and children.

Hitler from the start was just looking for a negotiated land grab. He didn't expect the Americans to join in. Kinda like Putin today.

<snip> Oh, and, cutting off oil to the Japanese helped, too.
    Shit - that's what *started* the war for the U.S...

I thought it was when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

I thought it was when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
    Why do you think the Germans bombed it??

If I was a tail gunner in a B17 I’d take all the amphetamines. All of em.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    If I was a tail gunner in a B17 I’d take all the amphetamines. All of em.

Or the belly gunner. Jeezus - I visited the air museum in Tucson and they had a B-17 in one of the hangers... I had no idea what sort of nightmare those gunner positions were. FTS.

Name:  B17-bellygunner.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  86.9 KB

Name:  1532636145436-college.jpeg
Views: 360
Size:  32.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Why do you think the Germans bombed it??

Back to the churning out war materiel thing, the German shit was better than ours but also way more complicated and difficult to manufacture. I read somewhere that a Sherman tank had 8,000 parts and a Panzer had 42,000. They took way longer to make them one by one, meanwhile we were popping Shermans off the assembly lines in Detroit like they were going out of style. If it took 4 destroyed Shermans to beat a Panzer, no problem, we'll just make more.

War is Hell, son.

Besides, most of the factories near and at the end was slave labor, usually captured soldiers and children.

Hitler from the start was just looking for a negotiated land grab. He didn't expect the Americans to join in. Kinda like Putin today.
    We should trade tales about combat deployment sometime, you sound like an expert. What service were you in?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Back to the churning out war materiel thing, the German shit was better than ours but also way more complicated and difficult to manufacture. I read somewhere that a Sherman tank had 8,000 parts and a Panzer had 42,000. They took way longer to make them one by one, meanwhile we were popping Shermans off the assembly lines in Detroit like they were going out of style. If it took 4 destroyed Shermans to beat a Panzer, no problem, we'll just make more.
    Hitler idolized Henry Ford, and, the feeling was sort of mutual.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    We should trade tales about combat deployment sometime, you sound like an expert. What service were you in?
    objection your honor irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    The heated seats and the Panzer 'click' when you shut a hatch were a nice touch though.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    ... but they should've been able to churn tanks and planes out prodigiously, bein' all stimulated and all.
    Tanks only got half built cuz the workers kept getting distracted alphabetizing their toolboxes.