Page 356 of 508 FirstFirst ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... LastLast
Results 8,876 to 8,900 of 12696
    Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Ok, this has probably been asked/answered lots of times, but I’m getting a bit frustrated. I got a diesel truck with an 8’ bed, and I’m looking for a camper. I want it to be roughly 8’ long, no rear overhang so I can put the moto on the hitch rack or hook up the sled trailer without any hitch extensions. I’d also like to keep the weight moderate or even light. I certainly don’t want a bathroom or anything else heavy and complicated. Why is this so hard to find? Everything has big overhangs and is heavy.
    I’m also trying to spend less than 6k or so. Stuff has gone by here and there, but overall seems like a hole in the used market. Any brands/models i should be looking for? I’d love a Bigfoot or Northern Lite as I’m only using it during winter, but those are all gigantic.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Look at Capri for simple, hardside, on the less expensive end. Also (but I don't know if they're still made) Six Pack, which are Four Wheel Campers but hardside.

I'm assuming you want hardside due to comment about winter use.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Look at Capri for simple, hardside, on the less expensive end. Also (but I don't know if they're still made) Six Pack, which are Four Wheel Campers but hardside.

I'm assuming you want hardside due to comment about winter use.
    Under $6k?

Almost got a Capri when I was trying to make things work with the Tundra. The owner seemed like he would have been great to work with. More than 10k and less than 20k, I think. Maybe 14k ish 3 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Under $6k?
    Under $6k in most markets for a TC=sketchy and 20-30 years old is my guess.

A friend has a Capri that’s mounted to the bed rails; seems really nice to build out as you wish and keep it lighter. It doesn’t look like they sell those anymore though.

Definitely want to go with a hardside. I’m located in WA, and seems like I might be able to find a smaller bigfoot in the Vancouver area if I get lucky, seems to be more up there….

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    My new rig 34k big block chevy new roof .

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Hell yeah

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Under $6k?
    Oops. Only if ancient and /or beat to shit.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

A friend has a Capri that’s mounted to the bed rails; seems really nice to build out as you wish and keep it lighter. It doesn’t look like they sell those anymore though.

Definitely want to go with a hardside. I’m located in WA, and seems like I might be able to find a smaller bigfoot in the Vancouver area if I get lucky, seems to be more up there….

Bigfoot campers are made in B.C. so that is likely why there are more in the Vancouver area.

Ok, this has probably been asked/answered lots of times, but I’m getting a bit frustrated. I got a diesel truck with an 8’ bed, and I’m looking for a camper. I want it to be roughly 8’ long, no rear overhang so I can put the moto on the hitch rack or hook up the sled trailer without any hitch extensions. I’d also like to keep the weight moderate or even light. I certainly don’t want a bathroom or anything else heavy and complicated. Why is this so hard to find? Everything has big overhangs and is heavy.
    I’m also trying to spend less than 6k or so. Stuff has gone by here and there, but overall seems like a hole in the used market. Any brands/models i should be looking for? I’d love a Bigfoot or Northern Lite as I’m only using it during winter, but those are all gigantic.

Here ya go.......

https://boise.craigslist.org/rvs/d/b...385907547.html

sure they do, just a 5 month waitlist.

https://capricamper.com

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    My new rig 34k big block chevy new roof .

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Have fun and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Perfect size!

Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed el Loco View Post
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/c...384128309.html

No affiliation. Bargain price these days.
    How much was it? AWD? It’s gone

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    How much was it? AWD? It’s gone
    $11k. I think, AWD 150k miles

That will be a really tough find for all the reasons mentioned. And because here in 'Murica, bigger is moar betterer.

As someone who went through the same process you did; I ultimately settled on a Lance. insulated, heated, but has the self-contained stuff. Given that you have a proper oil burner, I would not worry about weight unless you're also towing something heavy.

There are plenty of 8' campers that don't have the overhang, which is called a beavertail. Though they are less common now as trucks are getting bigger with more hauling capability.

Mammoth lakes CA, 8', no overhang, $4500, no affiliation...
    https://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/d/fa...377517777.html

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    You'll want to check if it's insulated, especially the pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    You'll want to check if it's insulated, especially the pipes.
    For most RVs, staying in a ski area parking lot and running a water system is a no go.
    For a popup camper, an insulated liner can be fabricated and attached with velcro.

How do they know if you are running a water system???
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    When you're standing outside naked taking a hot shower with no curtain setup in a blizzard, like a boss....

I'd think you'd probably also like to avoid a sheet of ice around the vehicle as well.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I'd think you'd probably also like to avoid a sheet of ice around the vehicle as well.
    Anti theft device....

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    FWIW, that is a "Texson" (Tex and son) -- the precursor to Northstar.

It looks a lot like our camper, a Northstar TC800, but ours doesn't have that little door in the picture -- the one at the rear on the passenger side. The larger door at the front is for a 20# propane tank. The ad says it has A/C -- most of the Northstar A/C units are small residential window units cut into the back wall, not roof-mounted RV units. Ours doesn't have A/C, or for that matter, any waste tanks or toilet. Also, that ad looks like the cabover bed will be an east/west layout for the mattress.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    For most RVs, staying in a ski area parking lot and running a water system is a no go.
    For a popup camper, an insulated liner can be fabricated and attached with velcro.
    Yah, why?

As long as you're self-contained and your camper is insulated, it should be a non-issue. It's not as if we're asking for a water hook-up.

Also this.

"Yah, why?

As long as you're self-contained and your camper is insulated, it should be a non-issue. It's not as if we're asking for a water hook-up."

In theory. In practice that "non-issue" becomes an issue when your plumbing fails on a winter day. If you have a heated garage to store it in when not in use go for it. Or if you think you can drain and purge the system during the winter between trips great.

The experienced winter RV folks will tell you that don't expect your plumbing to work in the winter without failure. We use giant water jugs that can freeze and thaw over and over.

Yes I have to lug those jugs in and out of the house to refill. Takes 5 minutes