41.5 cup to tapered?

Any change a 41.5 cup can be adapter to accept tapered steerer? There's plenty of options for 44 cups, but I can't find anything for 41.5.

cane creek might?

problem solvers?

Lower headset bearings are overrated.

I'm going to say no. It's just too obscure a size for someone to manufacture in quantity is my guess.

I'd get a 44 and have your lower head tube reamed out to fit the extra couple mm's. Aluminum frame, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    cane creek might?

problem solvers?
    They don't list it but I will email them just in case.

I don't really need to replace my float 32 RL, but I was considering the future of my bike. It's a 2010 orbea ocamm carbon. It's in great condition, I recently installed a slx drivetrain and brakes. I could easily get a few more years out of it.

I thought most stanchions can be taken out crowns, so I was thinking I can easily swap suspensions from the crown. I see that's rare. Very shitty design.

As for options there's very few. Manitou circus(nah), Reba and SID. The SID would be nice but I am a bit reluctant to drop 500 euros on a straight steerer. If I needed it now I would, but the fox is still going. If I knew for sure it's going to be available for a few years I would not worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sizzler View Post
    I'm going to say no. It's just too obscure a size for someone to manufacture in quantity is my guess.

I'd get a 44 and have your lower head tube reamed out to fit the extra couple mm's. Aluminum frame, yes?
    Carbon, with the cups made of aluminum. I beat on the bike pretty hard, prolly more than it was made for with all the jumps and occasional bad landing. Dunno if shaving 3mm is a good idea.

of course not on carbon even with the alu insert. Sorry, was gambling big ole fat walled alu head tube.

Which FOX fork is this? I pretty sure it has some fox elements. It's got to be older since the stanchions use skewers. 2012-2015 ish?

More pics

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...4f72e9494dHHdr

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Manitou crown, Fox / Suntour / X-Fusion lowers, Manitou ABS damper

Go on, get it, looks completely legit.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Manitou crown, Fox / Suntour / X-Fusion lowers, Manitou ABS damper

Go on, get it, looks completely legit.
    U serious it might be legit? I kinda felt dirty for even posting it. It's a frankenfork, but it might just be what I want with an air spring, ABS+ dampener, and straight steerer. Weird how the supposedly Kashima coated lowers ended up in the mix. There's lots of manitou coming out of china so they got those parts for sure.

How blown are your current damper and seals on the 32? What's the last time you did a basic service?

For $140 it might be worth a science experiment if your existing fork is hosed, but there's no spec on the stanchion size on that Chinese fork (unless creaky can tell by the images) and you're still running a QR skewer up front, so who knows if it will actually ride any better than just getting your existing fork rebuilt?

I am curious though ... Commence science experiment and report back!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Its in good condition. I do basic service every year. At the end of this season I'm doing a full seal rebuild just because of their age.

I was looking to upgrade to the mattocs because the fox bottom out vs small bump compromise. That's when I realized I have a 41.5 cup and my options are very limited. Also i want to know what my options are in case I screw up the full rebuild. I'm also curious what's up with the china fork. I have scored some amaizing stuff on AliExpress.

RE qr... I googled it. WTF http://forums.roadbikereview.com/gen...le-360883.html
    I doubt anyone can tell the difference before it snaps, which I am surprised it did not yet. Must be a really good axle.

I think that photo's a bit of graphic design / photoshop wizardry. Not only what I said above, but that stanchion anodizing color -- Marzocchi?

If you're trying to save $$ I've been happy with Manitou's recent forks. Not sure if anyone here would agree with my suggesting them to anyone but myself, though.