Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I was thinking sometime late this week, wed-thurs-fri or so. Let me know how that works for ya. Certainly appreciate the offer, mighty nice of you!

How about a grand unifying ny summit?

To be held at one of the following: Hickory / whiteface / western / catskills...... and of course, Thunder Ridge.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I'm in for a summit...Time and place boys!

Sorry to poach the summit thread, but I'm gonna be in Caz next week, and was wondering if anyone would let me borrow a pair of rock skis for a day over there, hopefully something fattish and stiffish. Got beers for you if you do!
    got a pair of 188 beasts mounted for a 313 bsl if you can't hook up w/rolnthunder

didn't realize there was this many CNY folks around...and squirrel, I sent you a pm as well if you still need a set of sticks to barrow

Thanks everyone! This thread should go in the permanent archive under "Why TGR is so awesome". CNYFF is going to take care of me, I really appreciate the offers from everyone else. If anyone needs the hook-up in Crested Butte this winter, don't hesitate to give a shout.

Tom

Hey guys just wanted to join in on the thread. Kinda new as a forums member but I have always trolled around TGR and I needed to sell some stuff on Gear Swap.

I go to school in CNY, so really I'm just looking for any mags that seem to be hanging around the area. Togg is the area closest to me, but I don't know much about other places other than Whiteface and what is in VT.

Also if anyone knows where I could grab some 170cm race skis or knows someone, feel free to PM me, I'm kind of in a rut as far as finding anything affordable...

Might be able to help you out but need more info than that. slalom or gs skis? newish or doesn't matter? define affordable? are you actually going to be racing with them?
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

I'm heading over to Greek Peak tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up. I guess there's going to be a free movie showing of "The Story" (The Ski Channel movie) over at the lodge around 6pm that I was thinking about checking out. I could talk to managment about hosting a CNY summit at their new lodge and get a group discount or something.
    www.DeathCookieEntertainment.com

Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

Man, you guys are actually making me miss my days in the Southern Tier.
    I never knew how good I had it skiing almost every day/night during college. Holiday Valley was my stomping grounds for 4 years 92-96. Some of their best snowfall totals on record those years. 3 ft dumps were common, vertical was uncommon. Ride lift, rip pow bump run, ride lift, repeat.

How many CNY mags are interested?
    www.DeathCookieEntertainment.com

Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

I'm gonna go with a 'probably' no on that one. I wouldn't be able to get there until at least 6, and that's if I leave the office at exactly 5 and go straight to gp. But I'll give it a little more thought.

I'll probably be at Greek at some point tomorrow (I'm off all week!), but am unsure of when.

Black pants and jacket, gray helmet, Scott Missions with a Die Living sticker. Ask for change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Representing western upstate NY. Coincidence that the CNY summit is the 420th topic on the summit page? I think not!
    Red-i-XS

Are you suggesting a CNY safety meeting?

CNY PSA

Not at all related to a potential CNY mini, but rather a CNY PSA.

Cortland Brewing Company is hot tits. If you are coming back from Greek, looking for a meth lab, making a Dio related pilgrimage or doing whatever else leads oneself to be in Cortland, check it out. They are on some street just off of Main, basically right next to Dominos. Just around the corner from Pita Gourmet.

The place is only like a month old, had heard about it recently and on my way home from work tonight I decided to stop by. Did a sampling of all their beers (~6) and they are very generous with their pours, figure I probably scored around a free pint. Their two stouts are really, really, really good. I'd dare say the coffee stout is incredible. Pale Ale is very good as well (went home with a growler of this). A meh beer or two, no total dogs.Tastings and growler/keg sales only, nothing bottled or canned yet.

Seemed like a cool guy running the place, shot the shit with everyone that came in. The place has a very hang out and drink type feel to it, even if it is just a tasting counter and growler fills.

I really hope this place makes it, C town needs something cool like this.

Light the Wick

Labfest is Feb 19. Gonna show Light the Wick as a fundraiser. Look for more info coming soon.

Bummer I'm gonna miss labfest this year. Gotta go out of town that weekend. Had no idea they were planning on showing Light the Wick. Where the hell are they gonna show it?

gonna take over the mini-lodge. ltw will be shown in hd and 3d. 3 shows 3, 6, and 9pm. If we can get a site license, beer and wine will be available.

half-fast, you're a troller at lab, right? we should meet up and do some skiing sometime. I'm there every weeknight except friday, and any saturday and sunday that i'm not travelling.

hello!

what up fools! im hardly the one to organize a summit - look first post! (longtime looker tho) - but there's going to be a Gaper day at greek peak saturday march 12th. go to the back lot at the bottom of the triple where everyone tailgates and look for the old beat up 80's RV. Scour the salvation army for retarded neon outfits, mullet wigs, or a fag bag one piece. find some old skinny skis and lets rip daffies off that head wall into the mud while REO speedwagon and Journey are blasting in the lot. i know you don't know me, and i don't know you, but f*ck it, the keg's on me, and the back lot is just part of CNY's old school one of a kind hick charm. chances are that'll be the end of the season up here so do it in style: bring back the area's hay day of 1987. if you want to bring food, i'm sure there'll be a grill to cook on.
    Last edited by Barkeater; 02-06-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkeater View Post
    what up fools! im hardly the one to organize a summit - look first post! (longtime looker tho) - but there's going to be a Gaper day at greek peak saturday march 12th. go to the back lot at the bottom of the triple where everyone tailgates and look for the old beat up 80's RV. Scour the salvation army for retarded neon outfits, mullet wigs, or a fag bag one piece. find some old skinny skis and lets rip daffies off that head wall into the mud while REO speedwagon and Journey are blasting in the lot. i know you don't know me, and i don't know you, but f*ck it, the keg's on me, and the back lot is just part of CNY's old school one of a kind hick charm. chances are that'll be the end of the season up here so do it in style: bring back the area's hay day of 1987. if you want to bring food, i'm sure there'll be a grill to cook on.
    That sounds sick- I'll be there (maybe not gaped though). I park in the chair 5 lot every weekend. If you ever see anyone near a black matrix, ask for change.

"Light the Wick" showing at Lab has been moved to saturday, feb. 26th. 3 shows-3pm, 5:30pm, 8pm.

If you CYN peeps ever decide where and when I'd like to at least try to make the drive out... Lots of NY mags I'd like to meet and ski with for sure! I heard growlers of WMass microbrews say they want to roll out there too.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community