Page 1152 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 ... LastLast
Results 28,776 to 28,800 of 41262
    Wait? I just looked at their page. https://www.facebook.com/pg/Headwate...=page_internal Is the public access currently closed and yet Timmie is posting about riding it?

To be clear, my bitch with the HTA Alliance is not about the Red Gate, it is about things like how much their budget, their attitude about historical motorized use, their god complex regarding system/non-system trails, and their general attitude and closed mindedness.

Many people don't know that we pay a .3% sales tax in Grand County that goes toward public lands. I don't think it is well spent.

Skied the bowl off trail ridge road this morning and it was pretty good. Light freeze overnight above 11,500' or so, and no issues with postholing/boot penetration below that. Left the parking lot around 7:30. It was a little firm up top, perfect half way down and a little soft at the bottom. There is a little bit of suncupping, but not enough to interfere with skiing yet.

Looking down the boot pack:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trrbp.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	254.1 KB 
ID:	287091

Looking southwestish from above the parking lot

Name:	rnmp.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	621.9 KB 
ID:	287092

^^^nice.

[QUOTE=Foggy_Goggles;5702259]Wait? I just looked at their page. https://www.facebook.com/pg/Headwate...=page_internal Is the public access currently closed and yet Timmie is posting about riding it?

Whoa. Pardon me.

I rember years ago, when I skied more in the spring, there was a thread that shared snow and road conditions for those trying to get after it. Not sure if it was on the main board here at TGR or on teletips, but I lost track of it. A ski partner mentioned this thread recently and I thought I'd try to inforn someone's weekend planning.

Pardon my fat fingers on a small phone with a not so intelegent AI spell checker for mucking up the name of your fine town. I need a special dialing wand.

Pardon me for spilling the beans on your secret stash. My sister lives near the place whose name we do not speak and her neighbors were kind enough to show me around. I've never parked there, but can see the potential for parking problems.

As to Timmie's most excelent ride yesterday, the trail was open, dry and in excelent condition. Just a few muddy spots in the wallows that had well placed dead branches to minimize the damage. I don't know a thing about Headwaters Trail Alliance, but if they closed the trail until June 26 because of mud as their Facebook suggests, and placed timbers at the creek crossings, kudos to them.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by timackie View Post
    My sister lives near the place whose name we do not speak and her neighbors were kind enough to show me around.
    Tits or GTFO

I’ll ask.

Thanks for respecting the closures. It is not a secret stash. We don't have those anymore. All trails are either on the map (like Idlewild), de-commissioned (which the HTA advocates), or covered in downed timber and beyond the the abilities for users to maintain.

Ride the trails, we need users. More specifically, we need users who are aware of the access and maintenance challenges and are willing to be part of the solution not the problem. That's were we are at with Red Gate access. Too many uneducated users (local and tourist) who believe it is there right to access the WT Ranch, illegally park on public roads, and don't treat the neighborhood with respect (retarded dog parties, gratuitous weed smoking and beer drinking and generally treating it like a festival).

Do me a kindness and ask your sister to familiarize herself with the issues (if she has not already) and try to undertake the thankless task of talking to people she sees at the trailhead and impress upon them both these simple requests and just now tenuous the situation is.

Thanks

After spending a shitload of time in the mountains this past month, I have to say I fucking love years like this. Deep snowpack all spring, lots of moisture, lush green valleys, healthy rivers and snowpacked peaks in July! This spring/early summer has been just fucking great.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    After spending a shitload of time in the mountains this past month, I have to say I fucking love years like this. Deep snowpack all spring, lots of moisture, lush green valleys, healthy rivers and snowpacked peaks in July! This spring/early summer has been just fucking great.
    Everywhere in the mountains is incredibly beautiful right now.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Everywhere in the mountains is incredibly beautiful right now.
    And the shit to the west of it is so lush. Spent weekend up by State Bridge which is usually dusty and brown. Looked like fern gully.

Boulder hiking has been prime too.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Heading to Telluride/Ouray area tomorrow afternoon. Any suggestions for lesser-know camping spots that might be open? That is, if any exist anymore. I am sure it is going to be a shit show finding camping with the holiday weekend, but thought I'd see if anyone has suggestions.

Still almost 2k skiable vert in Sundance Bowl off Trail Ridge. Suncups getting bigger, but still worth it.

Name:	IMG_20190703_075859.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	287585

nice! what time did u hit it?
    F-R-O-double-G

About 7:30 am.

Quote Originally Posted by mt_wilson View Post
    Was up there today. Really good! The fresh snow really smoothed everything out. July 4th for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    serious crowd at abasin for the open on questionable snow, may give the WROD experience a run for its money. I suspect many will say that they should have gone last weekend for summer snow and skipped today.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Turned around halfway up hwy 6 at 815am. Place was a fuckin zoo. I gave myself a 0% chance of skiing. Independence day is Halloween with red white and blue. Would it be better without teh EPICs? Certainly.
    I hope they raise prices and keep crowds minimal next year. Provide a better experience for those that want it. Cuz I need to relive my 20s.

Shoulda got up early and hiked something instaworthy instead. Oh well, lesson learned.
    Anyway. The dirt is nice in Vail Valley.
    Braaap
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Turned around halfway up hwy 6 at 815am. Place was a fuckin zoo. I gave myself a 0% chance of skiing. Independence day is Halloween with red white and blue. Would it be better without teh EPICs? Certainly.
    I hope they raise prices and keep crowds minimal next year. Provide a better experience for those that want it. Cuz I need to relive my 20s.

Shoulda got up early and hiked something instaworthy instead. Oh well, lesson learned.
    Anyway. The dirt is nice in Vail Valley.
    Braaap

that was a good decision, currently around noon; two lines are going up the mountain from all those who skied to the bottom and all those still coming. i'm not an abasin regular but I've seen peak season lines shorter at breck and vail.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

My friend and I bailed on A-Basin at 8 after sitting in dead stopped traffic at the top of Loveland Pass. Had an even better day hiking and skiing the pass (lots of good patch skiing) and grilling. Can’t imagine how crowded ABasin must have been.

My friend and I bailed on A-Basin at 8 after sitting in dead stopped traffic at the top of Loveland Pass. Had an even better day hiking and skiing the pass (lots of good patch skiing) and grilling. Can’t imagine how crowded ABasin must have been.
    Reports were that it was insanity. 3.5 hrs to get to the top. Had friends turn around at 7:15am. Lines worse than opening day. Great way to send off the Epic pass. Buh bye!

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Reports were that it was insanity. 3.5 hrs to get to the top. Had friends turn around at 7:15am. Lines worse than opening day. Great way to send off the Epic pass. Buh bye!
    3.5 hours to go from the base to the top via two lifts?! Why? Why do that to yourself? Just to get a pic to post? Seriously, how many people went there just to post on social media about it?

Yes, buh bye Epic. Go fuck yourself.

Almost every person that was there

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Almost every person that was there

#liftlinefootyfortheboyz

3.5 hours to go from the base to the top via two lifts?! Why? Why do that to yourself? Just to get a pic to post? Seriously, how many people went there just to post on social media about it?

Yes, buh bye Epic. Go fuck yourself.
    We almost convinced ourselves to go up. A buddy was gonna cook breakfast in the lot, and hang with the family. Maybe get a run in. Decided to sleep in and ride bikes instead. Didn't see a soul on our traditional 4th of July ride one valley over from the Basin.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    We almost convinced ourselves to go up. A buddy was gonna cook breakfast in the lot, and hang with the family. Maybe get a run in. Decided to sleep in and ride bikes instead. Didn't see a soul on our traditional 4th of July ride one valley over from the Basin.
    Much better plan.

Somehow I let my friend talk me into it (and it was fun in ‘11) but once we saw that traffic dead stopped on top of Loveland, we retreated to the backcountry.

Did anyone hoof it up Breck’s July 4th Bowl?