Page 1469 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 ... LastLast
Results 36,701 to 36,725 of 46047
    Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    One of my rubber boots decided to start loudly squeaking any time I walk on a smooth surface. I'm afraid this was a delayed response after I got the sole too close to a campfire a few weeks ago.
    A few years ago the property manager for our office decided to remove tile from all the common areas and go with polished concrete instead. My favorite pair of shoes squeaked horribly with every step. Had to stop wearing them to work.

Gonna finally get in to AT this season. Not sure how much I will enjoy it though, so I am smart and will just use some old skis, new skins, and get some used dukes to try it out, right?

Bought dukes from some guy in BC, had sister in law ship 'em out to me. Apparently they come in small and large. I need large. I got small. FFS.

JONG move on my part but it's still a drag. Anyone wanna buy some small dukes? One of them is brand new (was warranty replacement, never used)!

In the three weeks since it started, my kids have had 4.75 days of school due to snow days. What’s really annoying is that they have a half day tomorrow and Monday and Tuesday off for teacher work days.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Face timing in public with the speaker phone a few feet from other people. What the fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Am I the only one who has a lot of batteries corrode and leak, ruining whatever they are in?

Attachment 401816
    Duracell?

Find random old junk in the basement with no-name batteries. Rarely ever find a leak. If I put Duracell in something..pretty much guaranteed to leak. So yeah, I don't buy their crap anymore.

Underripe fruit in the grocery annoys me. Green bananas, strawberries that are white inside, citrus that is hard as a rock, etc.

The good news is that if you just wait a bit, they will be perfectly ripe.

"My friend asked if I wanted a frozen banana. I said no, but I do want a regular banana later, so, yeah" - Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    The good news is that if you just wait a bit, they will be perfectly ripe.

"My friend asked if I wanted a frozen banana. I said no, but I do want a regular banana later, so, yeah" - Mitch Hedberg
    Bananas? Yeah they'll go green, green, green, ripeforabout4hours, black, black, black.

Damn bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Bananas? Yeah they'll go green, green, green, ripeforabout4hours, black, black, black.

Damn bananas.
    When we were in Ecuador we were told that the bananas they send to the US are the worst variety. They eat a lot of bananas in Ecuador--lots of varieties but they won't eat the ones they send us.

An art teacher was fired for showing a slide show that had a graffiti artists image of a nude for 2.5 seconds. The painting did not show anything graffic...nothing. You couldn't even tell if it was male or female. Side view, fetal position, squared off geometric style art. What in the fuck...

And the parent(s) who bitched probably have no issues with vid games that rob and kill people. Not that I do, but just saying the ignorant hypocrisy of people is annoying.

It's not exactly new. The Catholic Church started covering up genitalia in the 16th Century, although boobs and butts were still OK, and excommunication was reserved for scientists, not artists. (BTW, it's obvious, looking at the Sistine Ceiling among other places, the Michaelangelo had never seen a female breast in real life and had no idea what they look like.)

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    In the three weeks since it started, my kids have had 4.75 days of school due to snow days. What’s really annoying is that they have a half day tomorrow and Monday and Tuesday off for teacher work days.
    I redact my complaint. I realized that, right now, more days out of school are a good thing. Much better to make them up in the Summer when cases (hopefully) aren’t through the roof.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Of course the smoke detector with the low battery is the one at the top of the vaulted ceiling 20 feet up…

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    Duracell?

Find random old junk in the basement with no-name batteries. Rarely ever find a leak. If I put Duracell in something..pretty much guaranteed to leak. So yeah, I don't buy their crap anymore.
    I've had the worst experience with Kirkland batteries from Costco. Seems like close to 1/3 or more have leaked out of the last package. Some leaked while still in the package. I've stopped buying them at costco and don't buy larger packages of them anymore period. Duracells didn't leak as much, they simply tended to be duds that didn't last very long.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Of course the smoke detector with the low battery is the one at the top of the vaulted ceiling 20 feet up…
    That sounds like a great place to not put a smoke detector

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I've had the worst experience with Kirkland batteries from Costco. Seems like close to 1/3 or more have leaked out of the last package. Some leaked while still in the package. I've stopped buying them at costco and don't buy larger packages of them anymore period. Duracells didn't leak as much, they simply tended to be duds that didn't last very long.
    Kirkland batteries are just rebranded Duracell batteries.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Annoying when I’m 5 miles out and my (yeah, antique) boot breaks. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4083.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	173.2 KB 
ID:	402410

oof da
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

that looks like a job for duck tape!

Voilé straps.

People who post their Wordle scores. WTF is my feed full of this shit?!

The stupid fucking assholes that leave their cars running and their lights on while waiting for the ferry. Inconsiderate worthless fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    People who post their Wordle scores. WTF is my feed full of this shit?!
    Especially if you don’t know how the games works or is scored. Which I still don’t. Don’t really care so I haven’t bothered looking.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    The stupid fucking assholes that leave their cars running and their lights on while waiting for the ferry. Inconsiderate worthless fucks.
    You know, when you use that much invective for that kind of annoyance, it doesn't leave you much room to escalate for say murderers and pedophiles.