Page 1451 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 ... LastLast
Results 36,251 to 36,275 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    On the topic of shitty motels, here’s a dump I stayed in back in 2016 in Boise. So bad I just laughed, and touched nothing.
    That's definitely not the Riverside, looks more like the Cabana Inn near The Torch, am I close?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I think that every post office that I've ever been to has had an extremely poorly designed parking lot.
    I’ll see this, and your Costcos, and raise you literally any Trader Joe’s.

Walmart. Local WallyWorld parking lot is fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    That's definitely not the Riverside, looks more like the Cabana Inn near The Torch, am I close?
    Riverside is pretty nice now... Maybe the Safari?
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I’ll see this, and your Costcos, and raise you literally any Trader Joe’s.
    Truth. And it's by design. I met a TJ corp level exec once, and cracked a joke about them hating cars, and their comeback was that yeah, they actually do. They want to be in urban(ish) neighborhoods, and their (imaginary) core customers walk/ride or take public transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Google Fi gave me a $10 credit in the Play store just for being me. Cool, I thought, been meaning to buy "Elf" to watch with the kiddo and that's probably $10. Sure enough, it's $9.99 (plus 50 cents of tax).
    I find it annoying that anyone is charging ten bucks to stream a nearly 20 year old movie.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I find it annoying that anyone is charging ten bucks to stream a nearly 20 year old movie.
    to purchase, not rent, but yeah.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by G. Gordon Liddy View Post
    Riverside is pretty nice now... Maybe the Safari?
    Not sure what it was called; it was near downtown, north of the freeway. I think it was yellow?

I'm a mice Uber

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Costco. Yeah, I know...

Who ever designs their parking lots and gas stations needs a kick to the head.

I went to one recently where the only entrance to the gas station was an immediate turn off the main entrance drive from a busy city street. The gas lineup backed out onto the main entrance drive and right out onto the city street, completely fucking traffic since no one could turn into costco at that intersection from any direction. Nor could cars exit costco there since the opposite direction was also blocked by cars waiting for gas. Brilliant.

My local store isn't that bad but is still an annoyingly bad design. There is one main entrance drive in between the store and gas station. Everyone leaving the gas station has to cross the main entrance drive which has a never-ending stream of incoming and outgoing traffic. So rather than sit there all day cars just pull out across the path of oncoming traffic. Total Russian roulette, but you can't sit there all day there is never a gap. To Costco's credit they tried installing a 4-way stop but it just backed traffic out onto the main street so it disappeared within a couple weeks.

It doesn't help that traffic has gotten completely insane. And with people working from home these stores are busy all the time. Used to be able to go on a weekday and it wasn't bad. Now, only go half hour before closing time.
    Yep... agreed. I've gotten to the point that if I'm going to Costco any more, I go at 8:15pm on a weeknight. No lines for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yep... agreed. I've gotten to the point that if I'm going to Costco any more, I go at 8:15pm on a weeknight. No lines for anything.
    Ours closes at 8 pm during week, 6pm on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Ours closes at 8 pm during week, 6pm on weekends.
    What kind of ass-backward woods you livin' in?!?

9:45 AM on a Monday or Tuesday. They’re tired of turning away non-olds at that point. The crowds don’t typically arrive until 10:30 or 11:00. By then I’m long gone. This technique does not apply to Costcos in Utah.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Truth. And it's by design. I met a TJ corp level exec once, and cracked a joke about them hating cars, and their comeback was that yeah, they actually do. They want to be in urban(ish) neighborhoods, and their (imaginary) core customers walk/ride or take public transit.
    You know, I used to go to the grocery store with a giant pack since it was within walking distance from the house. Every fucking time I'd get weird looks and someone would have to inspect the bag to make sure I wasn't pillaging the store. Once that was done I'd battle the groceries in the bag and, despite using on of BD's largest climbing packs, never had enough room.
    So, it annoys me that a place like Trader Joes thinks anyone but the most destitute shoppers would show up in anything other than a car. And the destitute shoppers sure as fuck don't go to TJ...

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    This technique does not apply to Costcos in Utah.
    I was gonna say, what's the secret time to go and not run into crowds at any of the SLC Costcos? It annoys me that the place is always full to the fucking gills!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I'm a mice Uber
    It annoys me you’re going along with this.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    <snip>

I was gonna say, what's the secret time to go and not run into crowds at any of the SLC Costcos? It annoys me that the place is always full to the fucking gills!
    Have you tried around 8:15pm on a Wednesday?

I'm a mice Uber
    Oh man. Mice in the car?

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Oh man. Mice in the car?
    This is a result of the mice trap-off from the random questions thread. The No kill traps came first so I put them out. Damn things are working too well so now I have live mice I need to get rid of and I’m driving each damn one a few miles away so they don’t smell their way back here. Wife and daughters are adamant I don’t kill them. I’ve taken 6 trips to the park in the last day and a half. I told my wife that iceman said we should be murdering them but she overruled you. Your traps are in the garage out of their sight.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Are the local cats salivating at the park yet?

This is a result of the mice trap-off from the random questions thread. The No kill traps came first so I put them out. Damn things are working too well so now I have live mice I need to get rid of and I’m driving each damn one a few miles away so they don’t smell their way back here. Wife and daughters are adamant I don’t kill them. I’ve taken 6 trips to the park in the last day and a half. I told my wife that iceman said we should be murdering them but she overruled you. Your traps are in the garage out of their sight.
    Good God man... don't release the mice live. You need to knock 'em off.

House mice in a park with as many predators as there are around here means certain death I bet. And if they get close again, I am hoping my neighbor’s cat, Barbara, will snag em.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    You know, I used to go to the grocery store with a giant pack since it was within walking distance from the house. Every fucking time I'd get weird looks and someone would have to inspect the bag to make sure I wasn't pillaging the store. Once that was done I'd battle the groceries in the bag and, despite using on of BD's largest climbing packs, never had enough room.
    So, it annoys me that a place like Trader Joes thinks anyone but the most destitute shoppers would show up in anything other than a car. And the destitute shoppers sure as fuck don't go to TJ...
    Yeah, that's why I said imaginary. The customers they theoretically were trying to attract when they chose their locations didn't materialize. Instead, it's mad max/road warrior in the parking lot all day, every day.

Our local TJ get overwhelmed every single weekend with Canadian cross-border shoppers who check their common sense at the border. The very antithesis of local.

And if they get close again, I am hoping my neighbor’s cat, Barbara, will snag em.
    She sure did a good job the first time they came around, didn't she?

humanely, of course. Just put a cage in front of the exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Yeah, that's why I said imaginary. The customers they theoretically were trying to attract when they chose their locations didn't materialize. Instead, it's mad max/road warrior in the parking lot all day, every day.

Our local TJ get overwhelmed every single weekend with Canadian cross-border shoppers who check their common sense at the border. The very antithesis of local.
    The TJ location is in the worst possible spot for Canadian traffic too. At least the new Costco is close to the freeway.
    The black-market Pirate Trader Joes cross-border stuff is hilarious though.