Page 417 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,425 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    I found this helpful. From Andy Slavitt:
    #StayHome... saves a lot of lives. Here’s how I think about it. If you’re infected & don’t know it (highly likely) and you infect the R0 average of around 2.3 (and that’s being careful), what happens?

After 10 cycles, 4142 people are infected... The case fatality rate is a mystery. Germany with a lot of testing is .4. Italy looks like high single digits. With overcrowded hospitals, it multiplies. Bill Gates says it’s around 1%, but could be 3% with lack of vents. Let’s say 1%. So if you infect 4142 people, that may cause 41 deaths. You’ll never know because there is no contact tracing. Hold that thought— even if you disagree that’s the exact number.

If someone told me if I would be able to save 40 lives if I stayed home, missed school, lost income & missed socializing for 6-10 weeks, I would do it in a second. Everyone would. If it was 4 lives or 1--someone’s mom--we would. For many I know it’s much harder than for me. My point is this— a reporter mentioned how scary this is today. But it’s also empowering. I’ve never had the ability to save 40 lives & impact 40 families like this.

Instead of sitting home feeling like this is pointless, I think about the prize of our sacrifice. 40.
    40 of the alive ones... add the unimaginable number of the unborn! #thinkofthesouth

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    They obviously found out about the auction.
    That's probably been going on for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Trump tweeted it out, it was a typo and the Tardlings tried to claim it had some hidden Qanon-style meaning but instead of impressing people with their deep inside knowledge they just looked like the idiots they are.
    #thinkofthesouth

Kushner is going to save us all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Chebeague Island Transport, a private ferry service in Maine, has informed the islanders their insurance company says their policy will be canceled if they transport any suspected or emergency 911 patients. The island just has a small clinic. Casio Bay Lines mentioned in the quote below also services the island, but the trip is an hour as opposed to 10 minutes and 4 other islands are served on the same run.

“As you all know, Chebeague Transportation Company (CTC) has announced that they will not transport any suspected or emergency 911 COVID-19 patients. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, stay at home and call your medical provider for instructions. If you have to go to the mainland, you can travel on Casco Bay Lines

April 1, 2020

Florida religious services exempt from stay-at-home executive order

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...lW_1EAwoM3FbnM

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That's probably been going on for a very long time.
    The folks are all sitting on their smartphones checking prices. You have got to be pretty thick to think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

April 1, 2020

Florida religious services exempt from stay-at-home executive order

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...lW_1EAwoM3FbnM
    If they are "essential business", then tax them and their customers.

If they are "essential business", then tax them and their customers.
    I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
    I'll add you to my reviews signature.

Can I be on your hate list?

News of note:

American dairy farmers dumping tens of thousands of gallons. Can’t they donate it?

Heard from a friend in Hong Kong, things are getting worse.

Friend at a major meat packing plant in CO reports 800 people called in sick this week.

Good times.

This has nothing to do with anything, but I bought a gallon of milk yesterday that had a few weeks until expiration, and it was sour already. Whatever that means.

The folks are all sitting on their smartphones checking prices. You have got to be pretty thick to think otherwise.
    Lots of farmers can run their center pivots from their phones, so yeah.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Kushner is going to save us all.
    He’s done a bang-up job coordinating delivery of essential equipment & supplies...

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    'Daily Iowegian' has a nice ring to it. What names didn't make the cut I wonder?
    "Daily Iowan" just wasn't enough letters.

This has nothing to do with anything, but I bought a gallon of milk yesterday that had a few weeks until expiration, and it was sour already. Whatever that means.
    The fridge trucks are picking up cadavers?

Witches be afoot these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    News of note:

American dairy farmers dumping tens of thousands of gallons. Can’t they donate it?

Heard from a friend in Hong Kong, things are getting worse.

Friend at a major meat packing plant in CO reports 800 people called in sick this week.

Good times.
    People don't drink milk in quarantine? It seems like they'd drink more of it. Sure was scarce in the stores.

Hong Kong can't be too much of a surprise, talk about dense. They are packed in there. Even one case could turn into a problem in a hurry.

Sick or "sick"? I had this piece forwarded to me today, I'm not quite sure what I think. They see rumblings of a big moment in labor history, I'm not against that but it still doesn't seem like people are pissed enough to actually do something big. I guess we'll see. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z...general-strike

The Revolution will begin in the Trumpervilles...with Obama Phones

Maybe they're not pissed yet, but the suspension of labor elections by the Trump administration in light of the gig economy and eroding benefits during Corona might be enough to start.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Oh I agree, that's what I meant by "we'll see". It seems like conditions are really ripe for something to break out, to really change the status quo, but enough people have to get pissed enough. Maybe this'll do it.

But the shit people put up with now boggles my mind, so who knows?

Cowvid 19

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Maybe they're not pissed yet, but the suspension of labor elections by the Trump administration in light of the gig economy and eroding benefits during Corona might be enough to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Oh I agree, that's what I meant by "we'll see". It seems like conditions are really ripe for something to break out, to really change the status quo, but enough people have to get pissed enough. Maybe this'll do it.

But the shit people put up with now boggles my mind, so who knows?
    I just don't see people being too stoked about losing their homes and families. Or going to work and dying, then families losing their homes. Or will a 100 million people end up dying, so nothing will come back to be the same. Are the 1% crowding into tha underground city in Missouri? Did Trump deliver the apocalypse?

He's a child ...

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 11.52.32 PM.png
Views: 734
Size:  303.6 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 11.52.40 PM.png
Views: 739
Size:  164.1 KB

I think the surplus of milk is due to no restaurant cheeses and creams.

Yeah some workers could be faking if that’s what that article says, have my hands full now.

Workers put up with a lot, but salt and coal mines of the 40’s can’t be much better.