Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Just picked up these at H Mart. Money.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1617314608.388205.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	369992

We might need a thread on Asian market snack finds... I’m about 75:25 on finding winners based on packaging graphics

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

We might need a thread on Asian market snack finds... I’m about 75:25 on finding winners based on packaging graphics

Such a crap shoot. They eat some weird shit on that side of the world.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

I can't not eat the whole fucking bag.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

Was just at Costco and they have bags of that as mixed nuts (almond, peanut, walnut and something else). Didn't pick it up, but now you have me interested.

^^ turns out those are Korean.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I can't not eat the whole fucking bag.
    That red coating has to be cancer causing. But yeah this stuff is impossible to put down (despite regular smartfood not being that good)

Smartfood was crazy good when it first came out, it was local New England thing, made in Mass., but then a few years later Frito-Lay bought them and it got pretty meh pretty quick. I still don't mind it but that's about it.

Costco tonight.... I don't know what this is, but it must be good lol.

Name:	PXL_20210402_030514462.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	370052

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Smartfood was crazy good when it first came out, it was local New England thing, made in Mass., but then a few years later Frito-Lay bought them and it got pretty meh pretty quick. I still don't mind it but that's about it.
    Yes I remember the early days. Was good stuff. So many better white cheddar popcorns out there. I can think of 3 other brands that started out great and then once they got popular the popcorn quality dropped like it did with smartfood.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Costco tonight.... I don't know what this is, but it must be good lol.

Name:	PXL_20210402_030514462.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	370052
    Very, very good. Love that kettlecorn.

Here's my latest Costco pick up. Love the standard Parm Crisps so figured I would try the mix.
    Last edited by phatty; 04-02-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Lol. It's snack food, not fucking haute cuisine. I'm typically 4 beers and 4 bong hits in when I rip the bag open. I'm not really thinking about the glory days of Smart Food at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Lol. It's snack food, not fucking haute cuisine. I'm typically 4 beers and 4 bong hits in when I rip the bag open. I'm not really thinking about the glory days of Smart Food at that point.
    Hey cool your jets. I did give your popcorn praise - I was eating that stuff like a crazed man while building trail last summer and all I could think was “I’m littering the forest with this bright red stinky popcorn- basically I’m bear baiting myself”

Of all the addictions, salted carmel puffed corn may be the most dangerous:

Name:  Capture+_2021-04-03-07-33-29.png
Views: 772
Size:  855.2 KB
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

New one for me recently, skinned little fishes from the Japanese market. Pretty damn addicting. Usually I like the smaller ones which are dried whole but these are slightly more satisfying to snack on without other things. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210516_160126.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	374881

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Very, very good. Love that kettlecorn.

Here's my latest Costco pick up. Love the standard Parm Crisps so figured I would try the mix.
    Haven't seen those before. And I am sure it is tasty AF (I love the Parm Crisps). But if you are keto/very low carb, those are only marginally keto friendly regardless of packaging. Cashews and pistachios are two of the least keto-friendly nuts out there. Must be eaten with conscious moderation.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    New one for me recently, skinned little fishes from the Japanese market. Pretty damn addicting. Usually I like the smaller ones which are dried whole but these are slightly more satisfying to snack on without other things. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210516_160126.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	374881
    this is all my wife eats, I swear to God. they are strangely addicting though.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Haven't seen those before. And I am sure it is tasty AF (I love the Parm Crisps). But if you are keto/very low carb, those are only marginally keto friendly regardless of packaging. Cashews and pistachios are two of the least keto-friendly nuts out there. Must be eaten with conscious moderation.
    Yeah, I'm not Keto but carb conscious. I measure all the portions out to keep from overdoing it. I've started making my own Parm Crisps at home. Just buy the big bag of shredded parmesan at Costco ($3.50) and season with everything bagel seasoning. Come out great and way cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    New one for me recently, skinned little fishes from the Japanese market. Pretty damn addicting. Usually I like the smaller ones which are dried whole but these are slightly more satisfying to snack on without other things.
    Got a name or package pic? You're speaking my language right there.

Yeah, I'm not Keto but carb conscious. I measure all the portions out to keep from overdoing it. I've started making my own Parm Crisps at home. Just buy the big bag of shredded parmesan at Costco ($3.50) and season with everything bagel seasoning. Come out great and way cheaper.
    hmmm, may have to try that. I calculated the price of making whisps, and it seemed like 1/2 the cost of buying whisps, so didn't seem worth it with the extra work. But I was pricing based off of the plastic jugs of shredded parm, which are probably more expensive than the big bags. Maybe I should reconsider.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    hmmm, may have to try that. I calculated the price of making whisps, and it seemed like 1/2 the cost of buying whisps, so didn't seem worth it with the extra work. But I was pricing based off of the plastic jugs of shredded parm, which are probably more expensive than the big bags. Maybe I should reconsider.
    We have the mini muffin pans that are perfect size. Just fill the bottom with cheese and add whatever seasoning you want. Cook at 400* for about 5 minutes (I watch them since my oven sucks). Below is the cheese I buy from the refrigerator section at Costco and the pan I use. The whole family loves the homemade ones, especially when they are fresh out of the oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Got a name or package pic? You're speaking my language right there.
    This one has more sugar than I expected. Some of the others didn't. Only thing I can think of to watch out for is that some of them are meant to be cooked before consumption. Usually that's labeled though and they aren't in the snack sections.

If you can't find them I'd happy to buy an assortment and ship them to you.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210517_202242.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	374938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210517_202225.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	374939Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210517_202632.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	374941

We have the mini muffin pans that are perfect size. Just fill the bottom with cheese and add whatever seasoning you want. Cook at 400* for about 5 minutes (I watch them since my oven sucks). Below is the cheese I buy from the refrigerator section at Costco and the pan I use. The whole family loves the homemade ones, especially when they are fresh out of the oven.
    Damn, that looks way easier and cheaper than my one attempt. Thanks, I'll have to try that!

Got an ad for 2Betties donuts in my Instagram feed. Which mag's ladies were behind those?

Ice.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    bettybump
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno