Page 232 of 428 FirstFirst ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 10686
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I went kicking and howling. But there's no manual awd wagons anymore and the girls didn't like the Audi Allroad or Mercedes All Terrain console.

So I caved.

I still have another manual S4 Avant I'm sweeting up though.
    Careful it’s a slippery slope. My formerly subbie wife now says things like ohh yah we’ll never not have a Porsche - unprovoked by me.. she loves our diesel Cayenne and has lusty eyes for the Sport Turismo. No howling here

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    99.9% of most buyers don’t want your LC, Rev. I sold cars at a high end lot (BMW store) for some time. The first question with most buyers as to your modified rig is, “They must’ve beat on it?”

I couldn’t count the number of times I was recited all the modifications on a car by the trading-in-ee to watch them become slack jawed when you told them how much their precious baby was worth. Most folks want their cars to be them and don’t want one already someone else.

Sure, you can find that one guy that wants your vehicle, but I know the car business pretty well and know Bobby ain’t gonna pay for the mods while he waits for that one guy to come along.
    100% agree. I wasn't saying it would make sense for Bobby, just that it's all about marketing it to find that .01%!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Careful it’s a slippery slope. My formerly subbie wife now says things like ohh yah we’ll never not have a Porsche - unprovoked by me.. she loves our diesel Cayenne and has lusty eyes for the Sport Turismo. No howling here
    When you put your girl in a car that makes her feel sexy, you are 100% winning. Shit is worth every penny.

Before a man buys a car, he should decide on which kind of handgun to get first.
    After that, a weeks sojourn to Hong Kong for suits and relaxation.
    Then to London for shoes.

Thereafter he is ready to buy a car.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Interesting concept

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    The last on sold in 2018 for $78k. It had 9000 miles. There is one currently up at auction for $145k. Just saying. Hard to believe
    With only 50 made with the eight cylinder 700 hp engine I’m not sure they’re a dime a dozen. I do think that they are definely not for most people, and probably only a collector would pay big $$$. Not an easy task. They are definitely worth more than the New over badged six cylinder version
    Performance trucks are a dime a dozen now. Maybe not this particular one but there are better trucks for less money. 700hp TRXs will cost 50-60k next year with low miles. The Raptor R is coming out and I imagine there will be a limited run of Baja trucks like always. The price that the 14 Baja 700 brought in 18 was due to the lack of V8s in the more recent Raptors. That's no longer the case.

$145k is a ridiculous price. That's most likely a private seller that's dreaming. You've probably got a 60-70k rig retail. Or wait 15-20 years and see if you can get a couple hundred at Mecum.
    Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 07-07-2021 at 06:05 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Not my rig.
    ^^^This is what I think, too.
    If I buy a truck it needs to have a 8 cylinder engine with at least 450-500bhp. I would probably also prefer 3/4 ton vs. 1/2 ton. FWIW, the guy with the Raptor also has a Ram 2500 with a chipped 6.7 diesel. He prefers driving the Ford. Then again, he has every veh. he owns modified.
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 07-07-2021 at 07:03 AM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Every modification you make to your street car reduces your profit margin on resale.

It fucking ridiculous with motorcycles. Those guys go out and spend $5000 on an exhaust and $5000 on carbon wheels and think they added $10,000 in value.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Some nice bikes and cars here, been looking through the replay for far too long this morning.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I liked watching the guy stuff a BMW.

This thing is pretty sweet.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Agree with the value hit mods have, and I'm the same way, I look for the most stock I can get, cause I want to make it mine. That said, there are a bunch of retards out there that want a jacked up truck for looks, and there are now dealers that cater to them by taking a perfectly fine used 150/1500 and slap ghetto cheap ass block lifts and blingy wheels with mud tires on them and mark em up and sell em to the poseurs...

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Agree with the value hit mods have, and I'm the same way, I look for the most stock I can get, cause I want to make it mine. That said, there are a bunch of retards out there that want a jacked up truck for looks, and there are now dealers that cater to them by taking a perfectly fine used 150/1500 and slap ghetto cheap ass block lifts and blingy wheels with mud tires on them and mark em up and sell em to the poseurs...

sent from Utah.
    Every dealer in Utah?

I swear you can't buy a stock suspension truck in that state.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

95 Ferrari F50

The Family Huckster 2021 RSQ8

Bobby's used car lot and Free Carfax

Nm, guess it sold.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    The Family Huckster 2021 RSQ8
    I will fully admit that much like the X6 and the bloated AMG turd thing, I have no clue what these cars are trying to be other than not good any any one thing.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I will fully admit that much like the X6 and the bloated AMG turd thing, I have no clue what these cars are trying to be other than not good any any one thing.
    Thats the Audi equivalent of the Urus. So better looking, better infotainment, better warranty and 120k less. Much like the R8 is to the Huracan.

I agree though. I want a SUV and a sports car. Not a mish mash of the two. Typically you end up with something that is mediocre at everything.

Pagani

Rich people buying shit... This 307k little number is burning gas.

LP580-2

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Rich people buying shit... This 307k little number is burning gas.

While I’d never buy it (even with the means) I think that particular Bentley looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    While I’d never buy it (even with the means) I think that particular Bentley looks pretty good.
    If you change your mind, in 5 years you can get it at Mecum for 35K.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    If you change your mind, in 5 years you can get it at Mecum for 35K.
    Why go Mecum when I’ve got Bobby just up the road?

Besides, my budget is currently more aligned with the search for the unicorn 95 Pathfinder and upcoming RS6Avant lease turn-ins.

Ok Hombres, looks like my Silverado is going to die within the next few months. I am 100% aware of the available inventory shortage, hence this reach out. I am looking for a ‘17-18 Chevy Silverado 1500, LTZ, 4wd. V8. Hopefully under 100k, no New England/Midwest rust. Budget $32-39k.
    If anyone knows of anything, gimme a shout! Topper would be a huge bonus. Will travel.
    Gotta be an LTZ.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by rideit; 07-17-2021 at 12:57 AM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Bobby or anyone able to run a carfax for me?

1FBJS31G4SHA91701

TIA.