Page 107 of 199 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 4970

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    What are you regularly carrying, other than a truck camper, that won’t fit in a small pickup? An 8 ft bed is on what, 5%-10% of trucks on the road?
    Skis, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Skis, apparently.
    My high school buddy bought a 2500 diesel truck when he was 25 making $65k as a mechanic. It cost him $12k more than a comparable 1/2 ton. He didn’t own any trailers over 5,000 lbs. drove the piss out of it and maybe it lasted quite a bit longer but he put almost 200,000 miles on it and junked it last year. I asked him if he ever once towed anything a 1/2 ton wouldn’t have pulled or hauled. He could remember two loads of firewood and some sand. So he spent $12k to avoid a few extra trips. Not to mention thousands on fuel.

There has to be some middle ground between 4.5’ and 8’

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    There has to be some middle ground between 4.5’ and 8’
    6.25’.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    6.25’.
    What is it in metric?
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Friend put the deposit down on the Lightning. I have to admit, I like the idea. I'll hold out for a while to see how good real life range is pulling campers, hauling loads, etc...

He lives in the foothills and planning on putting a lightweight plow on it. That will be interesting. In theory, you can control each wheel spin much more efficiently if all 4 corners have motors, monitor/control wheel load.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Friend put the deposit down on the Lightning. I have to admit, I like the idea. I'll hold out for a while to see how good real life range is pulling campers, hauling loads, etc...

He lives in the foothills and planning on putting a lightweight plow on it. That will be interesting. In theory, you can control each wheel spin much more efficiently if all 4 corners have motors, monitor/control wheel load.
    Only 2 motors for the Lightning
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

I don't think the f-150 uses motors at each wheel ?

but the electric should have lots of power for towing
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

hmmmm, if 2 motors then it would be front and rear drive I assume, must use sensors/brakes to control wheel spin then. Wonder if you can run FWD or RWD and if any advantages over the other for towing, etc....

Trucks.

It’ll be interesting to hear/learn about the tech in these torque-y etrucks related to traction control and manual manipulation.

Theyre heavy. I think almost double the weight.Friends tesla sticks really well on snow covered road. Accelerates almost like its a dry road

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

that grill is fucking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    But having some ridiculous, over wrought grille is the American way... Always has been

It’ll be interesting to see what the aftermarket bumpers look like.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    It’ll be interesting to see what the aftermarket bumpers look like.
    I am good friends with the owner/designer of a very popular custom off-road bumper company focused on toyotas.
    He was saying that toyota is putting so much stuff in, on and behind the bumpers now (electronics, road sensors, etc) that there is less and less they are able to do for the newest models ( landcruiser, taco, 4runner, tundra)

I am considering buying a 2014 FORD Shelby Raptor with Baja package that has only 25K miles on it. The suspension was fabricated by Rogue Racing, which recently has gone out of business. It appears that the bushing on one of the front control arms has worn and needs replacing. Shelby advised that the only thing to do is to replace the suspension which would cost big $$$. The bushing is made of nylon. I am looking into having someone fabricate the bushing.
    Does anyone know anything about Rogue Racing, or where I may be able to obtain the bushing
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    I am good friends with the owner/designer of a very popular custom off-road bumper company focused on toyotas.
    He was saying that toyota is putting so much stuff in, on and behind the bumpers now (electronics, road sensors, etc) that there is less and less they are able to do for the newest models ( landcruiser, taco, 4runner, tundra)
    It seems like odd decisions from Toyota. The aftermarket is not just to make your ride look cool or for recreation stuff. I know people that use tundras as work trucks and have aftermarket shit, like bumper with winch, that they regularly use for work.

Is your friend’s shop in grass valley, colfax, or somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I am considering buying a 2014 FORD Shelby Raptor with Baja package that has only 25K miles on it. The suspension was fabricated by Rogue Racing, which recently has gone out of business. It appears that the bushing on one of the front control arms has worn and needs replacing. Shelby advised that the only thing to do is to replace the suspension which would cost big $$$. The bushing is made of nylon. I am looking into having someone fabricate the bushing.
    Does anyone know anything about Rogue Racing, or where I may be able to obtain the bushing
    Man, if anyone offroad went out of business as of late, I'd definitely ask questions about their quality. That category is absolutely on fire.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Man, if anyone offroad went out of business as of late, I'd definitely ask questions about their quality. That category is absolutely on fire.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    For real.

Here is the worn bushing
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BDC0A0E8-10EF-44A4-8C5D-125C35B947D4.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	377823

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1BF9179E-4985-405D-9083-2E61C6B757F0.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	377828

A fabricator will make new ones all around. I am getting stoked, as this should be a fun and capable truck this winter
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 06-24-2021 at 11:20 AM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Ive got a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road with a manual available. 31k miles. $42k buys it.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Ive got a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road with a manual available. 31k miles. $42k buys it.
    Color?

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Color?
    Black/Black. Bed topper. MBRP exhaust (whatever that is). Ill post a picture shortly.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.