Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Kimberley going off today too. Such a relief to have our quad spinning again. Definitely a few ppl around but not even close to busy. Will be interesting to see how busy it gets over the next week..

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Finally a sense of normalcy at the Shine today, the 12cm skied well, nice supportive snow, definitely better than the Lake. Busiest Christmas I’ve seen though in the last number of years. Peeps were happy and had a great day!!!

2022/23 Canadian Rockies and related locations thread..

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Busiest Christmas I’ve seen though in the last number of years. Peeps were happy and had a great day!!!
    It was a great day! Busy but not too busy. The kiddos and I never waited more that 2 minutes in line and that only happened once or twice. My small town kids got a big kick out of the Teepee Town chair and the gondola. I think they had as much fun on the lifts as they skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

And raining here at Fern right now. Trying to figure out if I get out of the car or not lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    And raining here at Fern right now. Trying to figure out if I get out of the car or not lol.
    Feast or famine in the Fern

Santa must be checking his list twice to see who was naughty or nice?

Wasn’t me!!! I sucked it up for two hours and came back looking like I’d been through a monsoon. Good times!

Do we have any local Fern shop owners on here? I thought whoever owned gearhub was on here but not sure.
    Last edited by Stuntmonkey; 12-26-2022 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    wait until you land and see whats its actually like?

a quick rain storm in nelson can fuck them up and leave the rockies in great shape. Or other things.

just make plan A,B,C and see what you need to do 2 days out.
    Raining to 1600m in the Koots right now.

Well I have 3 weeks to see how the snowpack shapes up and decide where to go. We are flying out of Calgary so Revelstoke would be quite a drive and through Rogers Pass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1672102902.588256.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	440021

Thin and raining at Norquay.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Wasn’t me!!! I sucked it up for two hours and came back looking like I’d been through a monsoon. Good times!

Do we have any local Fern shop owners on here? I thought whoever owned gearhub was on here but not sure.
    Waxman... Guides hut on main

2 hours out today at Pano. Quite wet, but fun skiing groomers : Heaven Can Wait, Schobers to Stump Farm, Rollercoaster, when we were soaked, then in.

Hopefully sets up and fresh groomed gets rolled into the set…not holding out a lot of hope…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

This steady rain to high elevation might just be the Christmas miracle our region needed to heal that PWL. Time will tell!

-3 in town of banff. colder up high and snowing again.

should be fine here.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    This steady rain to high elevation might just be the Christmas miracle our region needed to heal that PWL. Time will tell!
    Lots of small remote triggers just sledding in the open areas yesterday.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Yeah it sucks now for current skiing but there is 4+months left; a week long drought of -30 temps getting fixed is worth the wet shit for a few days.

Wow, not sounding too favorable at the moment. In theory a few of us will be heading your way. Goal was to ski Revie, and/or anywhere favorable from Spokane on north. I was hoping to get ski ski a few places in Alberta this trip, having only skied Whistler before. Plan was to meet some mags (LBskier, Bobcatsig, others?) in Spokane and work our way north. Driving a camper on 4x4 truck and AND Ford transit van. Will be looking for cheep rooms and or places to park and camp.

I will keep tuned to this thread.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Wow, not sounding too favorable at the moment. In theory a few of us will be heading your way. Goal was to ski Revie, and/or anywhere favorable from Spokane on north. I was hoping to get ski ski a few places in Alberta this trip, having only skied Whistler before. Plan was to meet some mags (LBskier, Bobcatsig, others?) in Spokane and work our way north. Driving a camper on 4x4 truck and AND Ford transit van. Will be looking for cheep rooms and or places to park and camp.

I will keep tuned to this thread.
    I'll be in Louise 12/30 - 1/3 if you're there.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Waxman... Guides hut on main
    Shit. Was in there. Saw they opened another store for straight apparel down into main more.

KH skied well today. Thicker pow where you could find it but no evidence of any rain though got warm at bottom so that will get hard with more seasonal temps. Seemed to have crazy temps -4/-5 at top -1 at snow plot but in town it was -9 as the cold air was trapped in valley bottom. All and all got through this event with a good dump of snow so average in alpine to above average below. Still some stuff not open as slide affected ( CPR north) and the stability quite a bit better or will be in a couple of days.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

I would rather not fight with the crowds, but job's given me a week to start the year, and i'm going to hit the places less explored. I start at Revy Sunday and end at Castle Saturday, 1; through Okanagan; and back on the 3. What did the rain miss most I can stop by in between? Obvious choices are H2O, Red, Fern..Silver, Apex, Pano? Maybe start at the horse..

Can only report on red but it was soft up top, got pretty thick by mid gray/mother lode, was brutal off piste 100m down from top of red.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMagnet View Post
    I would rather not fight with the crowds, but job's given me a week to start the year, and i'm going to hit the places less explored. I start at Revy Sunday and end at Castle Saturday, 1; through Okanagan; and back on the 3. What did the rain miss most I can stop by in between? Obvious choices are H2O, Red, Fern..Silver, Apex, Pano? Maybe start at the horse..

based on the https://www.avalanche.ca/spaw I think the banff area MIGHT be the best/driest option? If I had a week, fly into calgary and look at a castle/fernie/pano/KH/banff loop And if something has been effected by rain, or is raining, come north to banff/jasper

Fern got a whole bunch on the upper mountain but they are having to do heli control to deal with it. Biggie looks pretty good right now based on some friends that are there but the gem lake has been closed lately because of wind. Banff area looks pretty good right now. So Revy/KH/LL/SSV/Norquay.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    based on the https://www.avalanche.ca/spaw I think the banff area MIGHT be the best/driest option? If I had a week, fly into calgary and look at a castle/fernie/pano/KH/banff loop And if something has been effected by rain, or is raining, come north to banff/jasper
    The idea was that I venture off my ski3 pass, but thanks for the link