Page 895 of 929 FirstFirst ... 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 ... LastLast
Results 22,351 to 22,375 of 23206
    dude -
    2021 was last year. tj

FluBoosted today. Pfizer Bivariant. Anybody seen the Moderna Bivariant available yet? I was hoping to stay brand loyal but nobody around here has Moderna yet. Just glad to up my armor. Probably going to go back to the office a couple times a week starting in mid October.. Haven't been there since early March of 2020.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    FluBoosted today. Pfizer Bivariant. Anybody seen the Moderna Bivariant available yet? I was hoping to stay brand loyal but nobody around here has Moderna yet. Just glad to up my armor. Probably going to go back to the office a couple times a week starting in mid October.. Haven't been there since early March of 2020.
    Got the Moderna bivalent last week.

Moderna's been a little harder to get than Pfizer; could have had Pfizer the week before last, but held out and got the last Moderna shot in stock for the week last Wednesday.

any of our real experts seen the data on the two products ?

LSL ? Multi ?

Thanks... skiJ

( Pfizer was my only option yesterday. Or wait two weeks...

no. give me the pfizer. )

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Going for the bi tomorrow with one of my kids. No choice here…PFE only. Not sure I care about that anymore but I’d prolly rather have the extra juice from MRNA if I had the choice
    Last edited by schwerty; 09-27-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Harry, If I am not still away this winter, I will make the pilgrimage to Christie -

skiJ
    FKNA !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1664288449.283007.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	427759

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Arm is a little sore. Didn't stop me from doing some push ups this morning. Was kinda hard to get out of bed. A bit of fatigue even though I slept better than usual last night. Looks like Pfizer BV didn't have any more impact on my daily vibe than Moderna 1-3 did.

Moderna 1-3 all kicked my ass way more than pfizer bivariant #4 on Friday. Maybe that's also due to finally getting Covid at the end of May. Who knows.
    Last edited by goldenboy; 09-27-2022 at 04:14 PM.

I had no idea which version I got, but my dance card says moderna.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Arm is a little sore. Didn't stop me from doing some push ups this morning. Was kinda hard to get out of bed. A bit of fatigue even though I slept better than usual last night. Looks like Pfizer BV didn't have any more impact on my daily vibe than Moderna 1-3 did.
    You needed to fap more like Danno said he did. Arm movements, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I had no idea which version I got, but my dance card says moderna.
    Did you get the Bivariant version? I was at the doc office yesterday and they said they had "boosters" but when I asked for more details it turned out they were still giving the older regular boosters, not the new Bivariant one. I said no thanks and just got the flu shot there.. Went to Sam's Club to get the latest Bivariant shot.

Did you get the Bivariant version? I was at the doc office yesterday and they said they had "boosters" but when I asked for more details it turned out they were still giving the older regular boosters, not the new Bivariant one. I said no thanks and just got the flu shot there.. Went to Sam's Club to get the latest Bivariant shot.
    CVS website said it only had the new one.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

cool^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    LSL ? Multi ?
    Not an actual expert, and haven't been following closely lately. This bit from Medcram is about the best I've seen. They cover several studies and data available to date. (probably most or all of it as there isn't much)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTyNA5FzfQA
    In short, both brands give added protection vs omicron. Neither works as well as the OG shot did against delta. This shot won't end the pandemic. Even if everyone took it which we know won't happen.

My plan is to hide out until about Halloween, then get flu plus bivalent. If I weren't hiding I'd get the bivalent now. You'll have slightly less protection vs omicron when the holidays come, but there's also some chance a new variant prevails by then.

The TWiV guy (Dr. Daniel Griffin) continues to say best treatments after testing positive are (his treatment guidelines are at microbe.tv, linked from the show notes of a recent episode, so check for errors and changes):
    Paxlovid
    Remdesivir
    monoclonal (I think one of these still works)
    Molnupiravir
    If you're old enough or preconditioned enough to qualify for these, it should be taken following the positive test. If your doctor says let's wait, get a new doctor. If your doc suggests some other treatment, find a new doc. I'm gonna guess most of us are too young and too healthy to qualify for any of these, though some docs like to treat. Griffin doesn't seem to oppose treatment for younger healthier folks. When given early to an older person, any of the first three reduce hospitalization and death 80-90%. I haven't heard of anyone getting multiple treatments at once - you get the best one you qualify for.

I got #4 the bivalent Moderna, I feel a little fuzzy but I think its the Stoneleigh Pinot noir I had with the steak for dinner, all in all a pretty big nothing event

I tried to double down & get a flu shot but they say its not ready yet
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Thank you ^^^ LSL -
    I appreciate your insight
    ( I had not thought about waiting until Halloween. ... )

thanks again. skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    FKNA !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1664288449.283007.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	427759

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Harry's 'sconsin coulior !

yo ! skiJ : D

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I got #4 the bivalent Moderna,t
    Same. Typical arm pain which is gradually subsiding. Never got a body sick feeling.

It was a free shot too at our local clinic. Efficient. It was good to see how extra 'normal' it was vs. pandemic times. Just regular folks making getting vaccination as easy as possible for the good of the community. As it should be.

Interesting graphic in the NYT this morning. Doesn't show the booster as making much difference.

The Bivariant's been out what a month and takes 2 weeks to fully engage..

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Same. Typical arm pain which is gradually subsiding. Never got a body sick feeling.

It was a free shot too at our local clinic. Efficient. It was good to see how extra 'normal' it was vs. pandemic times. Just regular folks making getting vaccination as easy as possible for the good of the community. As it should be.
    the BC gov has done them all for free, this time #4 is at 2 of the local pharmacies, it was done by a very young 1st yr pharmacy tech student

my medical consultant ( ski bro/ retired MD ) tells me over a beer the efficacy of #4 is not as high as the previous shots so we are not anywhere out of the covid woods yet
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the BC gov has done them all for free, this time #4 is at 2 of the local pharmacies, it was done by a very young 1st yr pharmacy tech student

my medical consultant ( ski bro/ retired MD ) tells me over a beer the efficacy of #4 is not as high as the previous shots so we are not anywhere out of the covid woods yet
    I am reading that the Bv Moderna target Ba.1 (omicron), who Pfizer targets Ba.4 and 5. Wouldn’t that suggest Pfizer is the better choice right now?
    (I was on Moderna before)
    Just thinking about the booster as I have tons of travel this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani_UT View Post
    I am reading that the Bv Moderna target Ba.1 (omicron), who Pfizer targets Ba.4 and 5. Wouldn’t that suggest Pfizer is the better choice right now?
    The safety study was done using Moderna with the original+BA.1 strains. Both vaccines have been updated to original+BA.4/5 for release.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani_UT View Post
    (I was on Moderna before)
    Just thinking about the booster as I have tons of travel this fall.
    That's incorrect- both Pfizer and Moderna went with the BA.4/BA.5 spike sequence as the second target in the bivalent vaccines.

(It is true that they picked the BA.1 at first and tested it in people, but then BA.1 went away Feb/Mar and everything thus far going forward have been BA.2 lineage descendents so the switch to BA.4/5 was made without another round of testing.)

edit- see post above.
    Move upside and let the man go through...