Page 259 of 929 FirstFirst ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Anyone care to comment on this piece?

https://alethonews.com/2021/06/23/re...wPMIq1YOGc46hg

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah, my comment is that some may be drawing inappropriate conclusions from the screaming headline in absence of context.

And who is this "Aletho News" anyway? Looks like your garden-variety anti-gubb'mint blog that the likes of Core Shot would subscribe to.

It's not that the reporting of the data is wrong, or even the headline per se, in that (at least in the described population) previously-vaccinated patients had higher death rates. What is wrong is the potential implication that prior vaccination is the cause of the higher death rate. This is definitively not shown, or even discussed.

What is not discussed is the patient characteristics of the previously-vaccinated, relative to the unvaccinated, in re: overall risk factors for end-mortality.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Yeah. My 51 year old bride that works out every day and takes no meds is super high risk.

OK.
    Did your wife die or get hospitalized two weeks after full vaccination?

No. But she lost her taste and smell. And was wiped out for a week.
    Not being able to smell me was probably a blessing.
    . . .

No. But she lost her taste and smell. And was wiped out for a week.
    Not being able to smell me was probably a blessing.
    I’m guessing she lost her taste before she hooked up with you

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m guessing she lost her taste before she hooked up with you

Rim shot
    . . .

Yeah. My 51 year old bride that works out every day and takes no meds is super high risk.

OK.
    She married you, so yeah, something wrong with her. But seriously, I said probably. Another factor is how much virus someone is exposed to. And perhaps genetic susceptibility that hasn't been discovered yet--although I'm sure that's been studied to death and if they haven't found it by now it probably doesn't exist. Or maybe it does, although the authors don't exactly trumpet it from the rooftops.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34016183/

So anyways, my new idea is we rename the Delta variant the Biden variant and spread a rumor he's behind it. The morons will be lined up for blocks to get vaxxed against it.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    So anyways, my new idea is we rename the Delta variant the Biden variant and spread a rumor he's behind it. The morons will be lined up for blocks to get vaxxed against it.
    Ha. Clinton might work too.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Something, something, Soros.

Benghazi!!

I am 3 weeks out of getting 2 doses and maybe it's all in my head, but my vaccine arm is still a little sore. My golf swing off the tee is bizarrely screwed up now, and I'm attributing this to some sort of lingering inflammation vs. me being shit at golf. Irons seem better though so IDK. Like if I sit here and think about it I can feel it. But I can still do shit like grind winches on a boat and smash dingers at softball - it's weird.

Anyone got some good shoulder exercises for this, or experienced this and worked it out somehow? There's only so much summer left and jerking off doesn't seem to be helping so I'm all out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I am 3 weeks out of getting 2 doses and maybe it's all in my head, but my vaccine arm is still a little sore. My golf swing off the tee is bizarrely screwed up now, and I'm attributing this to some sort of lingering inflammation vs. me being shit at golf. Irons seem better though so IDK. Like if I sit here and think about it I can feel it. But I can still do shit like grind winches on a boat and smash dingers at softball - it's weird.

Anyone got some good shoulder exercises for this, or experienced this and worked it out somehow? There's only so much summer left and jerking off doesn't seem to be helping so I'm all out of ideas.
    Same thing happened to me. The only thing that worked was time. I'd say about three weeks was when it quit being an issue for me, so hopefully you're just about there.

By the way, I see the number of new cases is up by about 60% compared to two weeks ago here in the U.S. Entirely driven by the delta variant and anti-vaxxers, of course. 19,000 avg new cases per day now. New Zealand has had less than 3,000 cases TOTAL for comparison.

ER doc posted on another board. Cases in his hospital had climbed over the weekend from 10 to 50, mostly under 30. Only one was vaccinated.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Couple of things. First--one dose doesn't work for delta. Second--if you get covid after being fully vaccinated there's probably something wrong with you--age, serious other illness, immune compromise--so you're in a group with a higher risk of dying regardless of vaccination status. Third--the numbers are too small to be statistically significant. (That's a good thing.)
    The important thing is not whether you die if you get covid. The important thing is whether you get covid. In terms of the overall chance of an individual dying of Covid and in terms of the spread of the disease in the community there is no question that vaccination protects against both, including delta.
    While the paper doesn't look at risk factors it seems like a good idea for the highest risk groups to continue masking and distancing. At least until nearly everyone is fully vaccinated, i.e. when hell freezes over.
    A non-vax friend of mine posted that on FB last week, she loves anything that confirms her bias.

When I tried to figure out who Aletho News was I got all kinds of articles about trust worthy sources. Agreed with others here it lacks specifics, context and most things rational people would need in order to buy into it.

Thanks for playing.

Protip: when you see anything associated with "Mercola" the safe assumption is it's all bullshit.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    not sure if it's been posted here yet:

Whether Republicans Get Vaccinated Has A Lot To Do With If They Watch Fox News … Or OANN
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...yond-fox-news/
    Republicans that don't watch fox News?! is there such a thing? I'm pretty sure those people left the party years ago.

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    ER doc posted on another board. Cases in his hospital had climbed over the weekend from 10 to 50, mostly under 30. Only one was vaccinated.
    did you get vaxxed, ken?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Ken ain't scared! He owns guns! Pew-pew!

Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Protip: when you see anything associated with "Mercola" the safe assumption is it's all bullshit.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    did you get vaxxed, ken?
    Got Moderna. First vax December 31, 2020, second January 28, 2021.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

nice.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

As I stand at Graze waiting for my sammy I wonder if everyone else thinks I'm an anti-vaxxer as I am the only one with amask.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    As I stand at Graze waiting for my sammy I wonder if everyone else thinks I'm an anti-vaxxer as I am the only one with amask.
    Never. Anti vax won’t wear masks.

The assumption is you have health issues. Don’t worry about what other people think.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Republicans that don't watch fox News?! is there such a thing? I'm pretty sure those people left the party years ago.

A lot of the hardcores stopped watching Fox when they 1) were the first network to call AZ for Biden despite being pressured not too, and 2) did not get behind the election fraud claims, with the exception of a couple of their primetime commentators. Fox's hard news division is actually pretty legit IMO, it's the wingnut commentators like Tucker Carlson that make the whole network look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I went grocery shopping over the weekend and I'd say mask usage in Seattle is still at least 50%.