Page 1411 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 ... LastLast
Results 35,251 to 35,275 of 41810
    Brilliant.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 12.48.44 AM.png
Views: 937
Size:  38.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Because it's their establishment, and for all you know, they have an immune compromised employee whom they value, and who is uncomfortable about this. It starts with science, by but goes beyond that.

... Thom
    Again, the masks weren’t for the employee’s feelings, they were for controlling the spread of disease. I’ve now controlled that risk through other equally-effective means.

If a business wants to keep hassling vaccinated people at this stage, fine, it’s their business, but alternatives will quickly emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    That's not true at all. As previously stated, those over 18 weren't generally eligible until April 19th in the U.S. Many states were ahead of this, but many weren't (in WA it was the 16th). That means there are plenty of adults still just getting or still waiting to get their second shots. That's my sole gripe here. I feel like they should have at least waited until all adults had sufficient time to get vaxxed. After that time, yes, there's not much reason to still require masks in most places.

Fair enough. I guess I’m operating on a local timeline here, where I got my first a week into “everyone 18 and older” and I’m now a couple weeks past my 2nd shot.
    There have been free walk-in shots here for a while.

Different situation in places not as far along.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    No mask or social distancing from the CDC and White House is a victory. It shows confidence in the vaccines. It empowers local small businesses. It opens life as we used to know it, but of course totally different. It gives anti-vaxxers an incentive to get it, because it works. If you got vaxxed and still had to socially distance, avoid crowds, bars, shows, plays, live music, wtf is the point of getting a vaccine? Get it, and this is our reward.

We're a free country. My Grandma, parents, pregnant wife, me, in-laws, co-workers - we've made the choice to get it. I understand new vaccine hesitancy - but at this point, where multiple vaccine choices are widely available for free at any time to anyone that wants it, I agree it's time to resume life. If someone chooses not to get vaccinated and not socially distance and not wear a mask and they die or they catch covid and they're totally fine, we're a free country. We've all sacrificed for a year, and it's time to move forward. Buy local, a lot. Go spend that money you've been hoarding for the past year. Hug everyone you see. Go visit your Grandma and parents. Soak in that sun, the long winter is melting away. Smile.

If you're old, fat or afraid, you do you and keep on social distancing and wearing your mask everywhere. If you've got no pre-existing conditions, younger than 60, not fat, vaccinated, let's fucking do this.
    Not a fan of this viewpoint as it ignores the risk that we all face if the virus continues to propagate even within a small segment of the population. Variant data to date suggests that the existing vaccines will afford us some level of protection and we all know the vaccine developers are chasing down boosters that should broaden coverage, but breakthrough is a very real concept. While we all talk about the percentage of vaccinated persons in the country, the better number to follow are case-rates. We're looking good at the moment.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 9.27.27 AM.png
Views: 809
Size:  68.6 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 4.29.19 PM.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	401.2 KB 
ID:	374838  

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm not understanding why companies like Walmart, Costco, and TJ are changing their policies regarding masks. Aren't they supposed to follow the rules of whatever jurisdictions their individual stores are in?
    I can't speak for the others, but I just saw Costco's revised policy and it's just that: it specifically says that local regulations will still be followed:
    https://www.costco.com/coronavirus.html

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Fair enough. I guess I’m operating on a local timeline here, where I got my first a week into “everyone 18 and older” and I’m now a couple weeks past my 2nd shot.
    There have been free walk-in shots here for a while.
    The situation changed very quickly in Seattle. I had to drive 30 miles to get my first shot. About a week later shots were readily available everywhere. As of today we're exactly 28 days from 4/19 which is the suggested interval for the Moderna shot. So anyone who got the shot when they became available everywhere to those over 18 should be getting their second shots. In another two to three weeks we should have a pretty significant majority of adults fully vaccinated in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I can't speak for the others, but I just saw Costco's revised policy and it's just that: it specifically says that local regulations will still be followed:
    https://www.costco.com/coronavirus.html
    Thanks for the clarification. Not that it makes me feel any better about corporations.

Costco is not like other companies in how they run the business

Yeah, they're worse.

I think for a POS retail outlet they actulay treat employees better
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Higher salary than the vast majority of retail. 401k match. Healthcare. Seems pretty decent to me.

Costco has more in common with Wegmans than Kroeger.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Costco has more in common with Wegmans than Kroeger.
    This really clears things up

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Srsly. WTF is "Kroeger"? Some kinda German meat market?

I'm referring to their political activism wrt state liquor laws.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Brilliant.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 12.48.44 AM.png
Views: 937
Size:  38.4 KB
    I hope someone pointed out to her that Dear Leader and his entire family have had the jab.

And....If it's not one thing... it's another....

The CDC was too cautious about what vaccinated people can do, doctors say. Now pendulum has swung in the opposite direction
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I hope someone pointed out to her that Dear Leader and his entire family have had the jab.
    Yeah she's the one who went viral for shitting herself in a drunken stupor at a college party, so........
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

I don't know why you'd think such information would make any difference to a complete moran.

I spoke with some friends working the vax clinic, a physican and his nurse wife, and there were less than pleased with the CDC's announcement stating they would continue to mask up until the numbers got better.
    Exactly this. Let's end the pandemic, then relax the restrictions.

At 700 US deaths a day, that's 250k per year - Covid is a major, entirely preventable killer. And vaccination does not confer invulnerability. Post-EUA vax protection studies range between 66% and 90% protective, suggesting a vaxxed death rate north of 25k per year. Not exactly "safe." We spend $thousands extra on car safety features for marginal reductions in deaths. We ought to keep 50c masks and other pandemic measures until the numbers improve.

IMO, CDC has consistently acted to worsen and prolong the pandemic.

USA just clocked 600,000 dead on worldometer , Covid is so not over

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    USA just clocked 600,000 dead on worldometer , Covid is so not over
    75K more to tie the 1918 pandemic so... so far.... not worse than the flu!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Forecasts people. Forecasts. It's possible with data.

I meant that Kroger is more CEO CFO Wall Street focused. Wegmans and Cotsco are more employee, costumer and long-term focused

This one looks worse than the worldometer:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	covid-deaths-US_May21.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	374870  

75K more to tie the 1918 pandemic so... so far.... not worse than the flu!
    Covid will surpass the flu no problrm but the population of USA was only about 100 million in 1918

which would make the flu much worse percapita

there are different ways to get the death stats so just stick with one

I always just quote worldometer