Page 113 of 117 FirstFirst ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 2903

Thread: NFL 2021/2022

Ask guys who married the crazy chick?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Kelly is a crazy chick name, but seems ok. Definitely seen the highs n lows. Well, kinda highs.

NFL 2021/2022

Bills will be getting $850M in public money for their new stadium. The most popular and profitable scam in sports continues...

Hard Knocks is set to feature the Lions and it gets announced today that Detroit gets the 2024 Draft.

Big day in Motown.
    I still call it The Jake.

Boo.

I want Cleveland on Hard Knocks.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Boo.

I want Cleveland on Hard Knocks.
    It really is such a no-brainer for HBO that they should be dispatching a second film crew as we speak.

Maybe they're waiting for OBJ to come back to sweeten the deal?

In related dumpster fire news, it was leaked today that Baker turned down a deal that would have paid him $30MM a year prior to the end of the season.

That's got to sting today.

Did they say how many years the offer was for?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Hard Knocks is set to feature the Lions and it gets announced today that Detroit gets the 2024 Draft.

Big day in Motown.
    Jamaal Williams is going to be so fun on that show

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Did they say how many years the offer was for?
    Didn't see it in the article, only that Baker's camp was holding out for the neighborhood of $40MM/yr.

In related news, apparently at the NFL owner's meetings today all the other white knight owners got uppity at the Haslams for the way they handled their acquisition of Watson.

As if one of the others weren't trying to do the exact same thing. (not making a moral judgement, just laughing at the pearl clutching by such Boy Scouts as Mark Davis, Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones.)

Didn't see it in the article, only that Baker's camp was holding out for the neighborhood of $40MM/yr.

In related news, apparently at the NFL owner's meetings today all the other white knight owners got uppity at the Haslams for the way they handled their acquisition of Watson.

As if one of the others weren't trying to do the exact same thing. (not making a moral judgement, just laughing at the pearl clutching by such Boy Scouts as Mark Davis, Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones.)
    I think they were upset with a fully guaranteed contract reshaping the contract landscape.

NFL 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    I think they were upset with a fully guaranteed contract reshaping the contract landscape.
    This. Like of all players you give DW a guaranteed 230? It’s absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    Yeah, that’s one part of it. Apparently, the rule states that you have to place a material portion of a guaranteed contract in escrow when you ink it. Goes back to when the league was formed.

Looks like the richest American sports league’s owners didn’t like Haslam creating an environment that future deals would tie up their cash when the players get all pushy with their guaranteed demands in a league where the average shelf life is ~ 3 years.

Poor billionaires.

Bringing in Watson has moral issues, no doubt. But if I’ve learned anything from watching the NFL operate, is that those issues tend to go away once the Ws start piling up.

We’ll see what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This. Like of all players you give DW a guaranteed 230? It’s absurd.

Bringing in Watson has moral issues, no doubt. But if I’ve learned anything from watching the NFL operate, is that those issues tend to go away once the Ws start piling up.

We’ll see what happens next.
    Why does anyone think Ws are going to start piling up with Watson? How many Ws did Houston pile up last year, 4? Didn’t they lose with him against the Browns?

Well, he didn’t play last year so there that.

And I can’t recall, but I think they split in their prior meetings but I’ll have to check.

Is it time for me to remind the group that I was all in favor of Baker going forward again?

NFL 2021/2022

And I can’t recall, but I think they split in their prior meetings but I’ll have to check.

Is it time for me to remind the group that I was all in favor of Baker going forward again?
    As was I.

Browns were 11-5 two years ago with a healthy Baker. 8-9 last year with Baker being held together with duct tape and chewing gum. Watson is at least some of an upgrade over 11-5 Baker and a major upgrade over last year.

So yeah, I’m thinking they are going to get some wins once Watson is ready to play. So there’s that.

And I will miss Mayfield.

Ah! Shows how closely I follow football. I’ll just crawl back in my hole.

Oh, and although I bear a grudge against Baker due to his antics in college, I think he does have some talent when he’s healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Why does anyone think Ws are going to start piling up with Watson? How many Ws did Houston pile up last year, 4? Didn’t they lose with him against the Browns?
    Watson put up MVP caliber numbers last he played. Houston's defense was atrocious.

I think it would be pretty sweet if Watson never played another snap in the NFL but he is absolutely an elite QB. He took a bad team with a dysfunctional front office to the playoffs twice. He plays well against good defenses. He's done all this behind a bad-to-terrible O line in every season he played. He's 26.

I think he get's suspended 8 games at least. Suspension for detrimental behavior have typically been a bit shorter, so 8 games makes Goodell look like he is taking the issue seriously. But also, NFL owners never hesitate to punish each other for violating unwritten rules, or just getting revenge for past slights. If they don't like the contract the Browns gave Watson, you can be sure the owners will find a way to make the Browns pay a price for it, and a big suspension for Watson is an easy solution.

^^^
    Lotta truth to that ISBC.

It’s going to be a lot of cognitive dissonance and internal conflict resolution for fans going forward with Watson.

But then again, look at the Heroes retirement Ben got. And even Vick came back to play. I think memories in this country are very short despite our desire to have swift and final justice in about every matter. (Again, for the cheap seats, not justifying Watson’s alleged behavior. You don’t get to where we are being completely faultless)

Anyway, local hero with a statue downtown cancelled their season tickets.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/...1-b16273d78915

If he'd take some of his $230MM and a portion of his jersey sales and donate it to a battered woman massage therapist charity or something, it might go some way to recovering his image...without admitting guilt of course.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Vick was convicted, served his time, and rebuilt his career. That's a success story.

Let's be frank - the NFL is never going to be a moral compass. "Troubled" players will continue to see the field, regardless of their transgressions, unless incarcerated. Team owners will continue to raid public coffers for new and upgraded facilities in the name of "job growth" and "public-private partnerships", economics be damned. Their lawn sign activism around BLM, women and LGBTQ+ is just part of their marketing campaign. Concussions and CTE? Minor distractions.

It's an entertainment business, and that machine isn't stopping for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    If he'd take some of his $230MM and a portion of his jersey sales and donate it to a battered woman massage therapist charity or something, it might go some way to recovering his image...without admitting guilt of course.
    Oh he’ll be donating it all right, just directly to the women filing against him in civil court.

Good thing he got $230 million to take care of that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Breaking news! Robert Kraft is bothered by the Patriots' 3-year playoff skid. What's that you say? They only missed one year of the playoffs? Uh, well, yeah, he's bothered because it's been 3 years since they last won a playoff game. Wow, man, that must be rough.

Yes, this was a legitimate "front page" ESPN article: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...r-playoff-skid
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If you’re an owner and not bothered by missing the playoffs or losing in the playoffs, you should sell the team