Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Oh my god he doesn’t think the way I think!! May he rot in hell!! Hahah…. Fucking weak ass people.
    Naw, I just carry a gun everywhere because I'm so afraid of people I disagree with and vice versa..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

You want to shoot people you disagree with? Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    A demonstration that you really don't know what it's like being black in America.
    You tell me what it’s like being black and I’ll tell you what it’s like being Irish.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You want to shoot people you disagree with? Wtf?
    Why else would anyone carry a gun??

A bunch of reasons. But yours isn’t a great one.

I think you’re in the wrong thread.

I think you’re in the wrong thread.
    You look pretty suspicious to me...

How’s that?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I mean the guy admitted his house is like ten miles from that school shooting. You'd have about the same rational to holding him at gun point for your 'citizen's suspicious arrest fever dream' as Arbery's killers.

Don't get in a dispute over hunting access and then go looking for trouble over in Alburgh: https://www.wcax.com/2021/11/29/poli...urgh-shooting/

I agree. Round up Sea Bass and the boys, grab your guns, and let’s follow this choad next time he leaves his house and ask him some questions.

If he runs or fights us we can put him down.

I mean if that’s your thing that’s cool with me.

You’ll be the one in prison and I’ll be crushing endless pow while doing all kinds of corked spins off hudge cliffs in the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Post the picture of you drunk and holding a gun to your own head again.

WTF happened to you?
    Geez I wasn’t even that drunk. Just buzzed enough to thing posing for and posting the pic was a good idea

But hey go ahead and bring it up every time I post something you don’t like. Seems the more effective my post. The more personal and nasty you get

People are watching. I don’t even need respond
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Times change. This thread is really about what a bummer you are to the community in general. And how others have really had enough

I’m guessing you as part of the lowest common denominator crowd have not quite caught on yet.

I don’t remember you being such a tool ten years ago. ?
    WTF happened to you
    I laughed out loud reading this. I’m really feeling the heat, what with everyone having had enough of me.

Geez I wasn’t even that drunk. Just buzzed enough to thing posing for and posting the pic was a good idea

But hey go ahead and bring it up every time I post something you don’t like. Seems the more effective my post. The more personal and nasty you get

It’s nice to know that you don’t have to be THAT drunk to point a loaded gun at your head and that taking a selfie and posting it here was a good idea. Seems reasonable

Pretty sure any reasonable person of authority would deem a person not mentally stable enough to own a gun after seeing evidence of that behavior..

Responsible gun owner LOL!

You're a fucking idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Dude, no offense but if "people are watching" anything, you should be the one tightening up your shit. You know??

Get some help.

Pretty sure any competitive recreational shooter would deem a person not mentally stable enough to own a gun after seeing evidence of that behavior..

Responsible gun owner LOL!
    Fify

sorry if that's a cheap shot but really... This thread wasn't about guns, as been previously stated.

Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    In case you were not aware, not long ago IAS was falsely accused of a crime. The police believed the accusers, and due to the realities of the justice system he took a plea deal and now has a criminal record. By his logic here his accusers should have been legally allowed to detain him at gunpoint on public property until police arrived.
    I don’t think that’s what he is saying at all, both from reading here and talking to him outside of here. I think he’s saying that if his accusers had him at gunpoint and he had lunged at them or tried to fight them, there’s a really good chance he would have been shot, and rights, wrongs, and legalities notwithstanding, that would have been a stupid move for him and he’d have to take some responsibility for making a stupid move.

Our gun culture is fucked up and that conversation absolutely belongs in this thread. You can have guns. And you can use guns. But don’t kill anybody with them. Except sometimes, and then you may or may not still receive a life altering sentence. The finer points of that last is pretty unclear to ignorant racist rednecks in places like GA.

^^that isn’t me advocating for or against gun rights. I’m not really a gun guy and I’d prefer my neighbors to not be gun nuts either. But if we allow guns for “self defense” then shit like this is gonna happen and if we live in that society we have to be a little smart about situations involving guns and maybe that’s victim blaming but that’s not the point. I’m not here to adjudicate the trial or the verdict or anything else, just talking about how this stuff happens and sure it can be about race and it can be about bigotry and ignorance, but as these micro situations develop there comes a point when it’s not really about any of those things.

If I’m in Arbery’s situation I’m going to be terrified and I may or may not make good decisions, but I think we can agree that there is a right way and a wrong way for me to handle it…. Right giving me the best chance of walking away and wrong, well…. Unless my point is that I’m allowed to do what I was doing and you aren’t allowed to threaten me with a gun and everything else. And then maybe I do what I do and I pay a consequence to earn a national conversation about these things. This shit has so many facets to it, and the conversation isn’t served by blind reductionism.
    focus.

MagnificentUnicorn really is an insufferable cunt. This much is true.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    You would know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Our gun culture is fucked up.
    Yes.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    It’s nice owning space in your head. Isn’t that the line you use? Go huff more wax fumes. Adults are talking

Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I don’t think that’s what he is saying at all, both from reading here and talking to him outside of here. I think he’s saying that if his accusers had him at gunpoint and he had lunged at them or tried to fight them, there’s a really good chance he would have been shot, and rights, wrongs, and legalities notwithstanding, that would have been a stupid move for him and he’d have to take some responsibility for making a stupid move.

Our gun culture is fucked up and that conversation absolutely belongs in this thread. You can have guns. And you can use guns. But don’t kill anybody with them. Except sometimes, and then you may or may not still receive a life altering sentence. The finer points of that last is pretty unclear to ignorant racist rednecks in places like GA.

^^that isn’t me advocating for or against gun rights. I’m not really a gun guy and I’d prefer my neighbors to not be gun nuts either. But if we allow guns for “self defense” then shit like this is gonna happen and if we live in that society we have to be a little smart about situations involving guns and maybe that’s victim blaming but that’s not the point. I’m not here to adjudicate the trial or the verdict or anything else, just talking about how this stuff happens and sure it can be about race and it can be about bigotry and ignorance, but as these micro situations develop there comes a point when it’s not really about any of those things.

If I’m in Arbery’s situation I’m going to be terrified and I may or may not make good decisions, but I think we can agree that there is a right way and a wrong way for me to handle it…. Right giving me the best chance of walking away and wrong, well…. Unless my point is that I’m allowed to do what I was doing and you aren’t allowed to threaten me with a gun and everything else. And then maybe I do what I do and I pay a consequence to earn a national conversation about these things. This shit has so many facets to it, and the conversation isn’t served by blind reductionism.
    Your last paragraph is the most relevant here. Arbery was likely terrified. Growing up in GA and probably experienced racism on a daily basis. Two trucks of armed white men chasing him through a neighborhood for what seemed to him like no reason. They made contact with him in a moving vehicle. They were yelling at him. At no point, by their admission, did they say he was under arrest. When he’s finally exhausted from running they box him in and two of them point guns at him. I would think that they’re trying to kill me and would fight like hell.

Guns are a problem but they weren’t used for self defense in this situation. You can claim that Arbery should have handled this better but I’m pretty sure that no one posting here knows what it’s like to grow up as a black male in GA. This is a tragic event but Arbery has zero blame if you believe that we’re supposed to be living in a free country.

Blind reductionism is taking away from this that black men can burglarize at will or that you’re not allowed to protect your property anymore because of this verdict. The simplistic and ignorant.

Wait, we have people blaming Arbery? Fucking hell, I guess it makes it easier to out the closeted racists.