Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Robnow,
    You could always sell me your carbons, seems like a reasonable solution for everyone involved....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Robnow,
    You could always sell me your carbons, seems like a reasonable solution for everyone involved....
    You mean iriponsnow...I was going to tell him the say thing

What sizes are you folks?

The Carbon cuff & the C tongue are certainly stiffer than the Fiber & P tongue.

I was thinking that the 120 clog / Cabon cuff / P tongue would be the way to go & if it’s wicked low tide or I’m skiing with the wife (Masters National Super G champ), toss in the C tongue.

Yes I asked the maggot who did the 130/Carbon/C combo & he spoke positively of the Fat Factory

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I've said it before and I'll mention it again, I still believe upgrading the power strap does NOT make a difference on a boot like this (tongue with unlocked spine). I'm going to experiment some more between the stock and a Booster (since I've already done the mod last season) to see if I can feel a difference but so far I can't tell. I think that only when you have a solid/locked spine, then you would see more of an effect from a Booster.
    You feel this way about all 3 piece boots?

It would seem to make sense. But I can tell a marked difference on snow. Go figure

Tried on the 130 C. Those things are stupid stiff. Stiffer than some 130 flex alpine boots I reckon. For some big dudes, it's probably the boot you've been waiting for.

Not a good match for my foot either. AX's would probably be worse. Didn't care for buckle/walk mode/removable tongue either, but I ski F1's a lot, which take about a second to transition. Going with Hawx XTD's to replace my Maestrale RS's.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Tried on the 130 C. Those things are stupid stiff. Stiffer than some 130 flex alpine boots I reckon. For some big dudes, it's probably the boot you've been waiting for.

Not a good match for my foot either. AX's would probably be worse. Didn't care for buckle/walk mode/removable tongue either, but I ski F1's a lot, which take about a second to transition. Going with Hawx XTD's to replace my Maestrale RS's.
    Nice decision. XTDs are sweet and the 130C is indeed stiff and has a fiddle factor. If you're like me, those latter things are pros

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    The Carbon cuff & the C tongue are certainly stiffer than the Fiber & P tongue.

Yes I asked the maggot who did the 130/Carbon/C combo & he spoke positively of the Fat Factory
    I would've guessed that was the case with the tongues too (that they're different), wasn't sure. I think you should mod just one boot and A/B them together...then let us know. I'm perfectly happy in the 130 that I feel the carbon will only add in some 'harshness' while not really adding to performance...really have no idea. I suppose it might offer a touch more rearward support if caught backseat but the 'fibre' cuff is already stiff enough.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    You feel this way about all 3 piece boots?

It would seem to make sense. But I can tell a marked difference on snow. Go figure
    Yeah, I'm not really sure. When I got the Lupo 130s last season I automatically put my Boosters on because thats what I've always done but then at the start of this season I was looking down at the boot while flexing indoors and noticed NO give/stretch in the Booster...which is its real purpose (stretch-rebound). It just makes sense to me since the Lupo cuff is NOT locked to the spine and you're only 'pushing' into the tongue that there is no/maybe VERY little stretch of the Booster.

In an overlap boot where you're relying on the cuff/spine of the boot for stiffness, then there IS a noticable stretch-rebound of the Booster while flexing. I think there are some 3 piece boots that have bolts (whats the one bolt on the back of the Krypton for?) on the spine where you're getting the benefits of both the tongue and the spine for flex.

I'll put one stock strap back on to see if I can feel a difference between the two. Some have mentioned already one benefit is you're able to get the Booster tighter than the stock as would be the case with the cam strap on the Factory...but negligible?

I'm with ISBD, I deal with it but find the fiddle factor of the tongue annoying.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27EFD7C3-341C-4798-9F99-73806B9C216D.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	748.4 KB 
ID:	258829

Perfect fit in the “Fat Factory”

I plan on doing the same since I’m fat too. I had KR pros for yrs. with some punches on the 6 toe they’re 98mm. Hoping I won’t need to punch because the fatness. Whatever.

The KR pros have the intuition ID overlap. Plan on putting them in to see how they fit. What are they since it sounds like they work well.

Overlap, medium volume?

Pretty happy so far with modifications on this boot.
    I have increase the ramp on the boot board with small heel wedge.
    Added a Booster Strap, though I am torn with how much this actually does other than keep things tight.
    Last but not least I put some Intuition FX Race liners in that I had on reserve.

They feel more upright than my Tecnica Mach 1's but the Heel wedge and Liner (it has a thicker cuff) have increased it enough to where I am happy with it. The feel on chopped up snow is great.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    I plan on doing the same since I’m fat too. I had KR pros for yrs. with some punches on the 6 toe they’re 98mm. Hoping I won’t need to punch because the fatness. Whatever.

The KR pros have the intuition ID overlap. Plan on putting them in to see how they fit. What are they since it sounds like they work well.

Overlap, medium volume?

I tossed a power wrap in those, this needs it’s own thread - will start.

Thx!

Hopefully somebody is still paying attention. Just bought a pair of Lupo AX 120 boots in size 27.5 and skied them for the first time this weekend. Fit is pretty good for my wide, high instep foot and I may not need any work at all. For comparison's sake, I tried fitting a Technica Cochise 120, Lange XT 120, Nordica Strider, Scarpa Maestrale, and Scarpa Freedom 120 and none of these had enough room in the instep so when they say Lupo AX 120 is "roomier" than the 100mm stated last, it seems to work for me.

Anyway... question. Skiing them was interesting. Definitely got the "smooth" vibe of the boot but whenever I really needed to flex them when skiing hardpack, I noticed that my foot would slide back and my heel would lift. It seemed that the whole liner would do this in the boot rather than just my foot. I tried locking down the intep buckle but although it reduced this somewhat, I could still feel the "liner heel lift and shift". Anybody else have this experience? If this just a matter of really torquing down the instep buckle? Or am I overflexing the boot?

I checked the tongue designation and it says DX 260/275 and to the left of it, it has the circular stamp with CPMA and then D so not sure what the stiffness rating is. From @LeeLau's earlier post, he's claiming this is the P tongue but how can you tell? Seems all the letters are posted. How can you tell which one it actually is?

Me:
    5'11" 220lbs
    Mostly resort skiing - Squaw, Alpine, etc.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Thek12 there is a wee small arrow pointing to whatever stiffness is indicated by the letter. It's not terribly clear.

Can't help with the liner as I skied it with Intuition Protour

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Thek12 there is a wee small arrow pointing to whatever stiffness is indicated by the letter. It's not terribly clear.

Can't help with the liner as I skied it with Intuition Protour
    Thanks LeeLau! I'll check it out.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

I’m 6-5, 215 (tho usually lighter , gotta eat a little less & leaner!)

I’ve been skiing these for a few days now, and they definitely ski soft compared to my Lange sx120’s.

While that may be a no-shit comparison, it is a data point for folks like me who look at this boot as a potential one boot quiver to drive resort skis.

I have a high instep & a wide forefoot, and, given my height, a pretty decent lever arm over the boots. The volume seems to be largely suitable to my foot shape, which I’m happy about. I think I’d need some boot fitting help to massage out the kinks. One issue that gives me pause is that I can see the lower shell widen when I flex forward (low 20s for air temp). Not sure if that is something to worry about or not? Is this an overlap vs 3 pc thing I just need to get used to? Or is it just evidence of being a softer boot?

Heel retention has been good once I got the buckle lengths dialed. I’m considering replacing the stock liner with intuitions; something to discuss with the boot fitter.

Walk mode on my particular pair is not easy to engage, which is odd given the soft flex mentioned above. I push forward and the spine doesn’t move cleanly forward to release the stop block lever. Once in walk mode, I’m happy with the movement with tongue and without, contrary to general opinion on the tongue-in mode.

My feet work reasonably well with FT Seths and Cochises. Tight at the sixth toe for both of them, and wondering about going for a wider toe box. I really do hate wrapping cuffs due to shinbang, though, so I'm looking hard at the AX 120s and the FT Ascendants. Looking at BSL numbers, I should be close to the 26/26.5 shell with the Lupos (307mm BSL) and the 27/27.5 shell Ascendants (311mm). My Cochises are 309 BSL, and Seths are 310 BSL. Which boot would work better for my feet? Never skied Dalbellos, but can't help but think they look like a good idea, and buying a first year product (Ascendants) isn't very tempting, though the boots themselves look great, and come with an arguably better liner.

Ideas, please?

*Don't have access to a decent bootfitter, would have to order online, and do whatever work needed myself.

Dalbello Lupo AX 120 for 2017-8

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    My feet work reasonably well with FT Seths and Cochises. Tight at the sixth toe for both of them, and wondering about going for a wider toe box. I really do hate wrapping cuffs due to shinbang, though, so I'm looking hard at the AX 120s and the FT Ascendants. Looking at BSL numbers, I should be close to the 26/26.5 shell with the Lupos (307mm BSL) and the 27/27.5 shell Ascendants (311mm). My Cochises are 309 BSL, and Seths are 310 BSL. Which boot would work better for my feet? Never skied Dalbellos, but can't help but think they look like a good idea, and buying a first year product (Ascendants) isn't very tempting, though the boots themselves look great, and come with an arguably better liner.

Ideas, please?

*Don't have access to a decent bootfitter, would have to order online, and do whatever work needed myself.
    I would try to find and Ascendant or one of the newer FT models (Descendant or B&E) to try on if you’re considering the Ascendant. That shell is pretty different from the Seths, mainly in that is has a much lower cuff and I believe a wider fit. The Lupos fit much more like the original shell FTs, with maybe slightly less volume on top of your foot. I’m in the 130s which have the narrowest, 98mm last, so YMMV with the wider last of the 120s.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    I would try to find and Ascendant or one of the newer FT models (Descendant or B&E) to try on if you’re considering the Ascendant. That shell is pretty different from the Seths, mainly in that is has a much lower cuff and I believe a wider fit. The Lupos fit much more like the original shell FTs, with maybe slightly less volume on top of your foot. I’m in the 130s which have the narrowest, 98mm last, so YMMV with the wider last of the 120s.
    Thanks! Fondled a pair of Acendants at a retailer today,and while they look very thought out,might be a touch more volume than I'd be happy with. Nice liners,though. Lupo it is,but going to make my Cochises work until summer and new gear is possible.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TGR Forums mobile app

Fit, liner, and fittings

Hi,

so a trip to the bootfitter suggests that the Lupo is the perfect fit for my box-like paddles. They don’t have my size right now (27.5) but I did try on the 26.5 and it fit real nice except my big toe on both feet is pressed (a bit) up against the front. The rest of the fit seems good. The bootfitter says he doesn’t want to sell me the 26.5 cuz he thinks the loner mold won’t give me the extra space I need and that I need a 27.5. I’m a bit skeptical but don’t want to just pull the trigger. Anyone who skies a Lupo, have any experience with being between sizes. Also the MyFit says the shell can be moulded? True? Can it get me a bit of length in the toe box?

Second, I’ve seen a couple reviews that the tech inserts are a little low end. Anyone experiencing any difficulties?

any help would be appreciated. I don’t have the coin to F around with buying and selling boots. Want to be sure the ones I get will do the job.

cody

Quote Originally Posted by m00457 View Post
    Hi,

so a trip to the bootfitter suggests that the Lupo is the perfect fit for my box-like paddles. They don’t have my size right now (27.5) but I did try on the 26.5 and it fit real nice except my big toe on both feet is pressed (a bit) up against the front. The rest of the fit seems good. The bootfitter says he doesn’t want to sell me the 26.5 cuz he thinks the loner mold won’t give me the extra space I need and that I need a 27.5. I’m a bit skeptical but don’t want to just pull the trigger. Anyone who skies a Lupo, have any experience with being between sizes. Also the MyFit says the shell can be moulded? True? Can it get me a bit of length in the toe box?

Second, I’ve seen a couple reviews that the tech inserts are a little low end. Anyone experiencing any difficulties?

any help would be appreciated. I don’t have the coin to F around with buying and selling boots. Want to be sure the ones I get will do the job.

cody
    Hey Cody the site won't let me PM you. Send me a PM if you can.

Hi,

cody
    Don’t think it can be molded. I dont understand the MyFit marketing stuff to be honest, seems to apply to some models and not others

Hi,

cody
    Could you tell us how long your feet are in millimetres?

Sent fra min Moto G (5) Plus via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bioicon View Post
    Could you tell us how long your feet are in millimetres?

Sent fra min Moto G (5) Plus via Tapatalk
    Left is 270 and right is 268 about that’s weighted ...they splay a bit.