Page 103 of 226 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 5644
    Nice rig. Nicest SUV on the market.

But yeah, Id rather have a 458 and a 4Runner.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Dodge Demon - 800 hp unveiled today - zero to 60 in two seconds!!

Edit: Just fyi!!

And only 1 seat.
    I still call it The Jake.

If initial reports are true, the Demon has passenger and back seats but can be optioned without. A production car with a 9 second quarter mile is insane in the best way. Haven't found anything on the warranty yet.

Edit: 3/36 bumper-to-bumper and 5/60 drivetrain. Holy schnikes.

It scares me to think that when my oldest daughter turns 16, there will be some beat up 11 year old 800 horsepower production cars floating around that she could get her hands on. In my day, it was kind of hard to get into trouble hooning a 200 series volvo that made it to 65 mph maybe going downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    It scares me to think that when my oldest daughter turns 16, there will be some beat up 11 year old 800 horsepower production cars floating around that she could get her hands on. In my day, it was kind of hard to get into trouble hooning a 200 series volvo that made it to 65 mph maybe going downhill.
    That is kinda scary.

Split the difference and go with a Supercharged Mustang swapped Volvo 960 wagon

This has "bad idea" written all over it.

Imagine what James Piotrowski could accomplish strapped into a Demon.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

He'd be able to best DD's record of 220 feet for cars launched onto frozen lakes?

Lofty goal for sure, but this seems like a tailor made tool for the job.

Then there's that ford dealer selling 550 hp Mustangs for $33k. The upgrades void the power train warranty but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    He'd be able to best DD's record of 220 feet for cars launched onto frozen lakes?

Lofty goal for sure, but this seems like a tailor made tool for the job.
    Sort of a modern version of Super Dave Osborne but with more political ambition?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Sort of a modern version of Super Dave Osborne but with more political ambition?
    Yup. He could even borrow Super Dave's helmet with the stars and shit.

Patriotic to the ditch.

Power without engineering. Cool if you like drag pulls & don't value handling, I suppose. Most drivers are lost above 100mph, especially with crude domestic chassis (plural?).

Ford GTs, CTS-Vs, Vettes & the new Mustangs as exceptions. The Camaro/Charger phenomenon seems like nostalgia & little else. I'd rather drive a tuned Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    How many do you think will still run? I expect they will have a tendency to experience sudden acceleration to 0mph

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yup. He could even borrow Super Dave's helmet with the stars and shit.

Patriotic to the ditch.
    Genuine Saskatchewan sealskin bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Power without engineering. Cool if you like drag pulls & don't value handling, I suppose. Most drivers are lost above 100mph, especially with crude domestic chassis (plural?).

Ford GTs, CTS-Vs, Vettes & the new Mustangs as exceptions. The Camaro/Charger phenomenon seems like nostalgia & little else. I'd rather drive a tuned Miata.
    A car that runs 9-second quarter miles at 140 MPH out of the box, is 50-state emissions compliant, and comes with a full warranty. No engineering? You cray.

This is an (d)evolution in the willingness to package & sell it, not ability to create it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    A car that runs 9-second quarter miles at 140 MPH out of the box, is 50-state emissions compliant, and comes with a full warranty. No engineering? You cray.
    What he said.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Merica

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Wealthy hicks gonna do they thang. Nevermind that the same result has been attainable for 25 years for a quarter the price.

TECHNOLOGY BRO. PROGRESS THE STOPLIGHT RACER INDUSTRY.

Pull your nose out of the clouds. You have the option to buy a 9 second car with a warranty. Doesn't mean you have to. There is no downside.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromontana View Post
    It's not a prestige or label thing. It's a critique of the lethargy & stupidity embedded within the logic of those willing overpay for performance based on the perceived safety of a warranty. What the fuck good is a warranty if you drop $70-80-90k on a piece of shit that'll depreciate by the cost of a comparable spec-build in 5 years?

Fox body 9s car <= $20k (available since the Clinton administration for those with a Visa card & a driver's license)
    Later Mustang 9s car <= $30k
    C6 or C5 vette 9s car <= $35k
    Audi S-line 9s car <=$40k
    996 Turbo 9s car <= $50k

If these ^^ break you can fix them for a few grand, or buy other 1-2 cars & still be under the cost of a rapidly depreciating Dodge with a warranty. People are fucking lazy & dumb. This is perfect for them. The fat, lazy & dumb Americans that don't realize all the ingredients have been there for 30 years. Now they can race too!

#progressmyass
    Don't necessarily disagree, but could the same not be said for any $200,000 Porsche, Ferrari, etc?

Most people with money don't give a single fuck about creativity or originality. It doesn't really have anything to do with being a fat American hick, but at least we know how you feel now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Pull your nose out of the clouds. You have the option to buy a 9 second car with a warranty. Doesn't mean you have to. There is no downside.
    Awesome. You can do one run, and then get booted for not having a cage or chute. If in fact the car can replicate 9.65 off the showroom, like the press car.

I'll most likely have 5 or 6 of these, so Ill let you know, how full of shit the hype is or isn't.

Im with Dro, car is a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Don't necessarily disagree, but could the same not be said for any $200,000 Porsche, Ferrari

Well this is a volume car, that has been given a big engine.

You can actually drive the Porsche or Ferrari. Which are both special cars, with years of racing history and refinement.

The Demon will be good for a few quick profits, but ultimately, it's to sell the V6 model to normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    Well this is a volume car, that has been given a big engine.
    So more or less something like a Chevelle SS?.. Did people say the same thing about muscle cars in the early 70's? I wonder how many people thought certain models would appreciate up to 4000%? Wish my dad was one of them.

You can actually drive the Porsche or Ferrari. Which are both special cars, with years of racing history and refinement.

The Demon will be good for a few quick profits, but ultimately, it's to sell the V6 model to normal people.
    Opinions are like assholes… I'm just saying for the price of the Ferrari you posted on the last page, I could have a one off car for a fraction of the price that could come pretty damn close to matching its performance around a track.

I'm not arguing for the Dodge here, more so that it's somehow fundamentally different than buying any other overpriced sports car.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    This has "bad idea" written all over it.

Sorry....that thing does nothing for me...and I'm from a Chrysler family. It's basically a glorified drag car. There's been a 2000 HP Street legal Viper around for years that does 7s I think. It does nothing for me either.

Hey, I'm not saying it wouldn't be a kick....because it sure as hell would be...but someone's gonna get killed in that thing.